LOS ANGELES -- All that separated Dan Haren from a possible chance at a no-hitter was a third-inning single that was awarded to

in Neues 24.01.2019 04:42
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LOS ANGELES -- All that separated Dan Haren from a possible chance at a no-hitter was a third-inning single that was awarded to Clevelands Michael Bourn after a replay review. Kenta Maeda Jersey . Rookie Clint Robinson made sure the right-handers best outing of the season didnt go to waste, hitting a pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the seventh, and the Los Angeles Dodgers opened their interleague series against the Cleveland Indians with a 1-0 victory on Monday night. Dodgers shortstop Miguel Rojas made a diving stop of Bourns smash behind second base and got the out call from umpire Adrian Johnson before Cleveland manager Terry Francona successfully challenged the ruling. Bourn stole second, putting two men in scoring position. But Asdrubal Cabrera looked at a third strike. Had the play on Bourn not been overturned, Haren felt he had enough to try for the Dodgers third no-hitter of the season after the gems by Josh Beckett and Clayton Kershaw. Haren was lifted after seven innings. "I didnt even think about it until I came out of the game and Zack (Greinke) said something like: If this was last year, youd have a no-hitter," Haren said after his 103-pitch effort. "I think 2 2-3 was the longest Ive had a no-hitter this year, so that was pretty good for me." The defending NL West champions took over sole possession of first place in the division by a half-game over idle San Francisco. The Giants led them by as many as 9 1-2 games as recently as June 8. Since then, Los Angeles has gone 15-6 and San Francisco 4-15. The Indians, coming off a three-game series at Seattle in which they swapped one-hit shutouts with the Mariners, couldnt do a thing against Haren (8-4) after Felix Hernandez stymied them through eight innings on Sunday. "I would have liked to be on the winning side of all three," said Cleveland third baseman Lonnie Chisenhall, whose single in the fifth inning against Hernandez was the Indians only hit on Sunday following Josh Tomlins complete-game 5-0 victory over the Mariners on Saturday. "Youve got to give the pitchers credit. That doesnt happen a lot," Chisenhall added. "We usually work counts, get deep into counts, get hits and put pressure on guys. But we havent done that two days in a row." Haren struck out five and walked one on the 11th anniversary of his major league debut, getting through seven innings for just the third time in 17 starts this season. He ended a streak of nine consecutive outings in which he allowed a home run, one shy of his career-worst stretch in 2012. "I worked on some stuff in between starts, and tonight I was locating the ball really good," Haren said. "Weve been working on the curveball, trying to feature it a little bit more during the game." Brian Wilson pitched a perfect eighth and Kenley Jansen a 1-2-3 ninth for his 25th save. Corey Kluber (7-6) allowed a run and six hits over 6 2-3 innings and struck out five. The 28-year-old right-hander, who has spent all four of his big league seasons with the Indians, came in 6-0 with a 2.29 ERA in his six previous interleague starts. The Dodgers, who held the NL champion Cardinals to just four runs while taking three of four, had runners at second and third in the fourth when Kluber struck out Andre Ethier and retired Juan Uribe on a flyball. Ethier came up again in the seventh and led off with an opposite-field triple off the glove of left fielder Michael Brantley on the warning track. Two outs later, pinch-hitter Hanley Ramirez was intentionally walked and Robinson worked the count full before smacking a single up the middle for his first major league hit and RBI. "It put us in a position to win the ballgame. The crowd was cheering, all my teammates were fist-bumping, it was awesome," Robinson said. NOTES: A moment of silence was observed in memory of Bobby Castillo, a nine-year major league pitcher who spent his first five seasons and his final one with the Dodgers. "Babo," as he was affectionately called by everyone in the organization since his rookie year in 1977, died Monday at age 59 from cancer. The L.A. native was credited with teaching Fernando Valenzuela how to throw his trademark screwball. ... Dodgers reliever Chris Perez spent the previous 4 1-2 seasons with Cleveland. Two seasons ago, he made some disparaging remarks on the record about Indians fans because of the teams poor attendance -- and felt their wrath numerous times in the aftermath. But he has no regrets. "Everything I said was true. I didnt make anything up," said Perez, who turns 29 years old on Tuesday. "It became a little more of a distraction for me than I would have liked, but I think the team didnt let it bother them. Overall, I think I was more successful there than some fans would like to give me credit for." Hyun-Jin Ryu Jersey . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. Chris Taylor Jersey . Ribery terrorized the Schalke defence throughout and put the home side ahead in the 36th minute when he chipped the goalkeeper before stroking the ball into the empty net. The French winger struck again after the interval, combining with Thomas Mueller on the left before firing a deflected shot beyond the helpless Timo Hildebrand in the 55th, as Bayern bounced back from Wednesdays 1-0 loss at FC Basel in the Champions League. http://www.authenticdodgersgear.com/dodgers-matt-kemp-jersey/ . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson.Joe Johnson and Lionel Hollins have separate histories beating up the Detroit Pistons.Saturday, they got to do it together.Johnson scored 15 of his 34 points in the final eight minutes and Hollins beat the Pistons for the 10th time in 11 tries as the Brooklyn Nets pulled away to win 102-90.I was moving pretty good, and we just started executing and hitting big shot after big shot, Johnson said. We had a lot of mistakes and we let the lead slip away in the fourth quarter, but then Coach called a timeout and we got things back together.Johnson has averaged 16.4 points in 40 career games against Detroit, but has rarely looked more impressive than he did Saturday against Stan Van Gundys team. Johnson was 14 of 23 from the floor, torching everyone the Pistons tried against him, and added eight rebounds.We got blown up by a great player, Van Gundy said. Ive been coaching against him for a long time, and as you can see, I still havent found a way to stop him. We wanted to double him, but he was making 23-footers, and you dont want to run a guy out that far. At the end, we didnt have a choice.The Pistons (0-3) got 18 points and 11 rebounds from Greg Monroe, who was making his season debut after a two-game suspension for a drunk-driving arrest, but shot 1 for 17 on 3-pointers.Obviously, 5.9 per cent isnt going to get you anywhere on 3-pointers, Van Gundy said. A lot of that is on me, because I still dont have a handle on what this team can do offensively.Kevin Garnett added 18 points and 14 rebounds for the Nets (1-1), while Deron Williams scored 15.Being 1-1 is obviously better than being 0-2, but I would have been proud of the way this team (played) no matter what happened, Hollins said.The Nets led 59-47 after a first half that saw them score at least 25 points against Pistons small forward Kyle Singler. Singler struggled against Johnson, who had 17 in the first half,, and was beaten badly by Williams for three straight baskets. Yasmani Grandal Jersey. The Pistons were able to protect Singler a little more in the third quarter, and with Monroe available, they were able to withstand Andre Drummonds third straight game with foul trouble.That let them stay within 81-75 at the end of three, and they took a 84-83 lead when Caron Butler hit three free throws with 8:49 to play. Drummond, though, picked up his fifth foul moments later, and Johnson scored the next seven points to put Brooklyn back in front.Kentavious Caldwell-Pope ended the Nets run with a jumper, but the Pistons werent able to do anything with Johnson.Its crazy, Garnett said. Ive got the best seat in the house to be able to watch him. I told him after this one that he played an awesome game.___TIP-INSNets: Garnett was booed every time he touched the ball, just as he has been at the Palace of Auburn Hills since the Celtics beat the Pistons in the 2008 Eastern Conference finals.Pistons: The game was the official debut of the multi-million dollar renovations of the 26-year-old Palace, highlighted by a massive six-screen videoboard at centre court. The new technology was used as part of a halftime tribute to Detroit that included a surprise appearance by Kid Rock. . The Pistons shot 25 per cent (8 for 32) outside the paint.TURNING POINTAfter the Pistons took the lead on Butlers free throws, Johnson outscored the Pistons 15-2 in a stretch of just under five minutes. What can you say when a guy gets hot like that? We just tried to get him the ball in a good position and he took over the game, Hollins said.NUMBERSThrough three games, the Pistons are shooting 21.9 per cent on 3-pointers, but taking more than 20 a game. Josh Smith (0 for 6) and Caldwell-Pope (2 for 16) have struggled the most.UP NEXT:Nets: Host Oklahoma City on Monday.Pistons: Host New York on Wednesday. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.