LAS VEGAS -- Chris Weidman accepted his UFC middleweight title belt with a grimace and a furtive look over his shoulder. [url=ht

in Neues 20.08.2018 08:37
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LAS VEGAS -- Chris Weidman accepted his UFC middleweight title belt with a grimace and a furtive look over his shoulder. Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys . Anderson Silva writhed and screamed on the canvas behind him, his left leg grotesquely broken by a kick to Weidmans knee. The champ couldnt celebrate after the UFCs year-end show ended with a stark reminder of the brutality at the core of this flashy, fast-growing sport. Weidman defended his title when Silva broke his shin on a kick to Weidmans knee in the second round Saturday night, ending UFC 168 with a horrific injury. While Weidman (11-0) awkwardly acknowledged his victory, the MGM Grand Garden crowd watched with reverence and horror as medical personnel tended to Silva (33-6), whose shin bent to a 90-degree angle after Weidman blocked his kick 1:16 into the round. "Theres no real excitement in a fight finishing like that, because you never want to see anyone get hurt like that," Weidman said after his second straight win over the long-reigning champion. Weidman, who earned his belt with an upset victory in July, also dominated the first round of the rematch, pinning Silva to the mat and punishing him with blows. In the second, Weidman used his knee to stop Silvas kick with perfect mixed martial arts technique, never anticipating the result. "I did work on checking kicks," Weidman said. "I figured if I (caught) him on my knee, it could really hurt him. Crazy how this happened." Ronda Rousey also retained her bantamweight title on arguably the UFCs most anticipated show of the year, submitting Miesha Tate with a third-round arm bar. Rousey then walked away from her bitter rivals offer of a post-fight handshake, earning ferocious boos from the Vegas fight crowd. But Rouseys questionable sportsmanship was dwarfed by the unquestionably awful finish to the main event. Although the injury happened too quickly to be seen by most naked eyes in Las Vegas, the sound of Silvas cracking shin could be heard at cageside. Thousands of fans cringed and moaned when the replay was shown on the arenas big screens. "I knew coming into the fight that what he could hurt me most with was the leg kicks," Weidman said. "We trained checking the kick a lot. The idea is to pull your leg and for their shin to land at the knee. Thats exactly what I did, and I felt his leg go right away." Referee Herb Dean waved off the fight when Silva fell back, clutching his leg with both hands. Silva left the octagon strapped to a stretcher with a brace on his leg, screaming in pain. With his belt back around his waist, Weidman paid tribute to the injured ex-champion. "Hes still known as the greatest fighter of all time," Weidman said. Silvas nearly seven-year reign atop the middleweight division ended nearly six months ago when Weidman stopped the preening, posturing champion with a left hook at UFC 162. With two straight wins, the former Hofstra wrestler has firmly ended Silvas reign. The injury in the rematch conceivably could end the 38-year-old Brazilians MMA career. The show was heavy on violent finishes. Heavyweight Travis Browne knocked out veteran Josh Barnett in the first round with a series of elbows to the head, earning the third straight early stoppage on the pay-per-view portion of the card. Before the unsettling main event, Rousey (8-0) got the biggest test of her ascendant career. Rousey had never seen the second round of an MMA fight, but Tate tested the champion with striking and tenacity. Although Rousey repeatedly tossed Tate (13-5) to the canvas and pounded on her, Rousey couldnt finish until getting her weary opponent into her patented arm bar -- the submission move she has used to end each of her eight professional fights. "I respect Miesha very much as a competitor," said Rousey, who feels Tate insulted her family. "But I cant respect a fighter who did what she did, and I cannot shake her hand because of it." Tate landed plenty of strikes to Rouseys head, particularly during a thrilling first round in which she tested Rouseys chin. Rousey gradually wore down Tate and finally finished her, violently bending her elbow and forcing Tate to tap out. "Going more than one round was a good experience," Rousey said. "I needed that experience in the octagon, and as my mom said, better to get it in a win than in a loss." But when Tate attempted to shake her hand, Rousey slowly rose and walked away. The crowd booed vociferously when the replay of the snub was shown in slow motion, but Rousey didnt apologize. Nearly two years ago, Rousey defeated Tate by first-round arm bar to claim Tates Strikeforce title, cementing her meteoric rise from the U.S. Olympic judo team to the apex of MMA. Rousey and Tate have made no secret of their distaste since that bout, further stoked by their combative appearance as coaches on the most recent season of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFCs competition reality show. "In judo, I didnt know what a cheer was," Rousey said. "Cheers are whats new." Drew Hutchison Jersey . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Gregory Polanco Jersey . a€“ All signs point to the Maple Leafs having their top offseason acquisition in the lineup on opening night. http://www.pittsburghpiratesprostore.us/Starling-Marte-pirates-jersey/ . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951.BOSTON -- Kole Calhoun leaped at the low right-field fence to take a three-run homer away from Brock Holt in the second inning. "Game-changer," Angels teammate Chris Iannetta said. "It was awesome." Seven innings later, Iannetta delivered the tiebreaker with an RBI double that sent Los Angeles over the Boston Red Sox 4-3 on Tuesday night. Brennan Boesch had a ground-rule double with two outs off closer Koji Uehara (5-3) for the Angels first hit since the fourth. Iannetta then hit the ball off the end of his bat off the left-field wall, just above the leap of Daniel Nava. But Calhouns grab in front of his teams bullpen was the major topic in the Angels clubhouse. "We go from being potentially down three or four runs to having the opportunity to take the lead," Iannetta said. Down 1-0 on David Ortizs 29th homer in the first, the Angels went ahead with three runs in the third. "This games a lot about momentum swings," Calhoun said, "and thats a big one right there." Joe Smith (5-1) got the win for the AL West leaders and Huston Street recorded his 34th save. Boston rookie centre fielder Mookie Betts, a second baseman in the minors, also took away a potential home run when he ran down Josh Hamiltons drive in the first in deep right-centre field. "Every game played in centre field is going to be a positive experience for him, given that hes gone through a positional change," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. The Angels took a 3-1 lead with four consecutive hits, starting with a double by Iannetta. The next three hits all drove in runs -- a single by Calhoun, a triple by Mike Trout and a single by Albert Pujols. Pujols originally was ruled out for the second out of the inning on Will Middlebrooks throw after the third basemans diving backhand stop. The call was overturned on replay, but Trout would have scored anyway on his headfirst slide into home. Jered Weavers wildness led to Bostons next two runs that tied it at 3 after six innings. In the fifth, Dustin Pedroia singled, Ortiz walkedd and both advanced on a wild pitch. Andrew McCutchen Jersey. Pedroia scored on Mike Napolis groundout. Xander Bogaerts began the sixth with a walk, took third on a single by Christian Vazquez and scored on a sacrifice fly by Holt. TRAINERS ROOM Angels: LHP Joe Thatcher isnt expected to return from the disabled list as hoped by Friday for the start of a three-game series with Oakland. He has been sidelined since Aug. 3 with a sprained left ankle. Red Sox: Middlebrooks left the game in the fourth with right hamstring tightness. Kelly Johnson pinch-ran after Middlebrooks was hurt while beating out a grounder to shortstop for a single. ... C David Ross is expected to be activated Wednesday after going on the disabled list with right plantar fasciitis. UP NEXT Angels: RHP Garrett Richards (13-4, 2.53) pitches in the third game of the series Wednesday night. He won his last three games, including a complete-game shutout against the Los Angeles Dodgers and a 5-4 victory over the Red Sox. Red Sox: RHP Clay Buchholz (5-7, 5.79) has a 3.00 ERA in his last two starts after a 9.00 ERA in his previous four, a stretch that followed an 11-0 complete-game win over Houston. WISE WALK With a runner at second and two outs in the ninth, Street walked Ortiz intentionally then struck out Napoli. "Both guys are going to hit a mistake and Huston didnt make any," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. Ortiz leads the majors with 91 RBIs. WEB GEM Red Sox rookie starter Allen Webster pitched six solid innings, retiring his last five batters and allowing runs in just one inning. Hes in the regular rotation after Boston traded four starters last month. "I feel pretty confident right now on the mound," he said. HAMILTON RETURNS Josh Hamilton went 0 for 3 and was hit by a pitch after sitting out two games following a 10-game stretch in which he went 5 for 38 with 18 strikeouts. He took extra work before the game with hitting coaches Don Baylor and Dave Hansen. "Hes going to have to figure it out," Scioscia said. "Hes not going to figure it out sitting." Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.