TORONTO -- Former MLS player Herculez Gomez marked the release of the leagues salary list with a tweet and a telling hashtag. [

in Neues 02.01.2020 10:48
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Former MLS player Herculez Gomez marked the release of the leagues salary list with a tweet and a telling hashtag. Aaron Gordon Jersey . "So MLS salaries were published today. Never an easy day for anyone, very uncomfortable for all. Low or high paid. .ElephantInRoom." While salary transparency is part of doing business in North American sports, it is rare in the soccer world outside of MLS. But here, they are released by the Major Soccer League Players Union. The pay discrepancy between the stars and grunts is especially striking in MLS, where a few elite are paid outside the salary cap. The rest make do in a league that holds most of the cards when it comes to salary negotiations and free agency. At his current annual salary of $48,825 (all figures in U.S. dollars), it would take defender Mark Bloom four years ($195,300) to make what Toronto FC teammate Michael Bradley makes in one game ($191,176). Bloom, a well-spoken 26-year-old who has started all four of Torontos games this season, is not about to make waves on the subject. "It really doesnt mean much to me," he said after practice Friday "Im going to come here and do what I always do, just work hard as, work as hard as I can, improve myself day in and day out. "Those figures, you cant read too much into these. You get worried about the business side of it, then your heads going to be out of the game. So Im just focusing on whats going in on the field." Did you look at the salary figures, he was asked. "I did. Of course," he replied with a smile. "Theres a pretty wide gap. You can see that every player is pretty much underpaid," he added when pressed. "Hopefully that will get fixed and that will be addressed." Bloom joined Toronto last year after playing his way out of the minor leagues. Ironically he got his chance to start late last season when the club elected to bench English fullback Richard Eckersley, who was on the way out because of his high contract number. Bloom made $46,500 last season, about one-tenth of Eckersleys pay. Manager Ryan Nelsen acknowledges the difference in pay scale can cause problems within the locker-room when the numbers are revealed. "It does if youve got bad characters. Definitely," he said. "If youve got guys who are insecure about themselves or a wee bit jealous, yeah. A lot of teams have a lot of problems with that. "Fortunately, nobody can argue what Michael Bradleys done in his career or Jermain Defoes done in his career. And anybody who questions the difference, I just say Well go and do that. Then you can go and ask for that money." But Nelsen agrees salaries need to be raised at the bottom end. "I think they will address that," he said of MLS. Nelsen says he has been in both camps, making $24,000 as an MLS rookie in 2001 and then watching his pay grow as an English Premier League veteran. "Youve got to earn it," he said. "I always think that the market determines what you get paid. And those guys at the lower end, if they perform well, they get paid better. Its just a matter of time" Under MLS rules, a first-team roster is comprised of up to 30 players with players occupying roster spots 1-20 counting against the clubs 2014 salary cap of $3.1 million. Players occupying roster spots 1-24 must earn at least $48,500 this year while the minimum for roster spots 25-30 is $36,500. Bradley is one of three TFC designated players, meaning only $387,500 of his US$6.5-million salary counts against the cap. Bloom, whose wife is expecting their first child, did note that players who play well do get pay bumps. Just look at 21-year-old Toronto midfielder Jonathan Osorio who, after becoming a starter as a rookie last year, went to $142,600 this season from $46,500. Osorio says Bradley and fellow DPs Defoe ($6.18 million) and Gilberto ($1.2 million) have fit in smoothly. "Theyre great guys. Theyre not egotistical, noting like that," he said. "And (Brazil goalkeeper) Julio Cesar is a tremendous guy too." Terry Catledge Jersey .com) - John Wall had 15 points, 12 assists and four steals as the Washington Wizards defeated the New Orleans Pelicans 92-85 on Monday night. Cheap Magic Jerseys . In the Brewers six games this season, no starter has allowed more than three runs. "We see the guy in front of us do a great job and we want to do even better," Gallardo said after the Brewers beat the Red Sox 4-0 on Sunday, his second straight scoreless start. https://www.cheapmagiconline.com/1068i-terrence-ross-jersey-magic.html .C. -- North Carolina State coach Mark Gottfried said his team had a "golden" opportunity to help its NCAA tournament chances.There were no bears, nor North Poles for Ilya Bryzgalov in his first taste of media scrutiny in Edmonton. Despite reporters firing questions about the end of his tenure with the Philadelphia Flyers and previous comments comparing Edmontons weather to the North Pole, Bryzgalov wanted to focus on the positives after his first practice with the Oilers on Monday. "Its a Canadian city and people care about hockey," Bryzgalov told reporters. "It feels good to be back in the NHL." Taking to the ice with his new teammates wearing the number 80 on Monday, Bryzgalov stood in front of a scrum for a few minutes to meet the Edmonton media. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract Nov. 8 after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. Edmonton finalized their plans to put Bryzgalov into their crease rotation by placing back-up goalie Jason LaBarbera on waivers on Monday. However, the Oilers are still sticking with plans to start Devan Dubnyk in net against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Tuesday. Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins would not commit to a timeline for Bryzgalov to take to the crease. "Im comfortable when hes comfortable," Eakins said. "A lot will have to do if [Dubnyk] can keep rolling like he is. Dubs is going lights out, Dubs gets the net." Bryzgalov bristled when asked if he plans to make the most of a second chance in the NHL after being bought-out by the Philadelphia Flyers. "I never lost a first chance," Bryzgalov told reporters, reminding them that hes only missed just over a months worth of the 2013-14 NHL season. With seven years remaining on a $51 million, nine-year contract he signed in 2011, the Flyers were forced to pay him two-thirds of the balance owed on his remaining term, $23 miillion. Jameer Nelson Jersey. Bryzgalov quipped that he was able to make the most of his downtime while not attending an NHL training camp and even found some upside in the Flyers buyout. "Its out of my control if they decide to buy me out," he told reporters. "I just have to accept it and move on. I had a great time. I dont have much opportunity to spend time with my family. Had such a great, quality time. Usually its a two-month break, now I pretty much had five months I spent with my kids." Bryzgalov was loaned to the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons on Nov. 9 for conditioning ahead of joining the Oilers. When asked about his short tenure with the Barons, Bryzgalov admitted to playing some catch-up. "The first game I felt a little bit clumsy," Bryzgalov said in reference to the five goals he surrendered in his Oklahoma City debut. He added he was "was not comfortable with lots of players skating back and forth in front". But he would also state that trying to improve should be part of any NHL career, saying "youve got to continue to prove yourself." Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. In two games with the Barons since signing with Edmonton, Bryzgalov surrendered six goals on 50 shots for a 3.03 goals-against average and a .880 save percentage. He did conclude the scrum on a positive note, however, stating: "Im glad we reached an agreement and Im happy to be here." In 425 career NHL games with the Flyers, Anaheim Ducks and Phoenix Coyotes, Bryzgalov has posted a 208-149-45 career record with a .913 save percentage and a 2.55 goals-against average. He was named to the NHLs Second All-Star Team in 2009-10 and won the Stanley Cup in 2006-07 as a member of the Ducks. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.