Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre vacated his title in December, a month after a controversial split decision

in Neues 07.10.2019 07:23
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre vacated his title in December, a month after a controversial split decision victory over Johny Hendricks. Cyber Monday Hockey Jerseys . It is a decision that has allowed the Canadian MMA star to find a little peace in his life. "Im very happy, Im sleeping better, I dont regret anything," said St-Pierre to TSN.ca. "Im very happy with the decision I made." The time away from the cage has allowed the Saint-Isidore, Quebec native to focus on other interests. During the Sochi 2014 Olympics, St-Pierre put his money where his mouth is regarding the Canadian mens hockey team. He made a jersey bet with one of his friends during the Canada vs. USA semifinal game and one with UFC light-heavyweight number one contender Alexander Gustafsson, a native of Arboga, Sweden, over the gold medal game. St-Pierres belief in the Canadian national hockey team never wavered and was rewarded. "I was confident enough to make the bet," said St-Pierre. "I was happy that I won." As for representing Canada on an international stage, St-Pierre sees himself a little different than those athletes that wore the maple leaf during the Olympics. "My sport is not a team sport, I dont represent a county and I have fans around the world," said St-Pierre. "I try to present a good image for anyone that looks up to me wherever they are from. Im doing it for myself and my fans." At UFC 171 Hendricks, who narrowly lost to St-Pierre in what was also his last bout, will take on Robbie Lawler for the vacated welterweight title. The former champ will be a very interested observer. "Im going to watch the fight because its a fight I want to see and its going to be a good fight." As for picking a favourite, GSP gives a slight edge to the last man he faced before turning over the title. "Striking wise they both have the capacity to knock each other out. Ill give the edge to Hendricks because he has an edge in the wrestling and grappling." Authentic Hockey Jerseys . The eighth-year point guard played in his 500th career game on Sunday, a 98-93 win over the Orlando Magic. Does he feel like hes played in that many games? "No," he said initially, before reconsidering. Fake Hockey Jerseys . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension. https://www.fakehockeyjerseys.com/ . A spokeswoman for the NLRB says its "a very incremental move" and does not necessarily indicate the board is close to a finding in the case. NFL owners filed an unfair labour charge against the players union in February, arguing that the union was not negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement in good faith.COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Major League Baseball Executive Vice-President Joe Torre has given his instant replay proposal to the executive committee to consider as baseballs brass huddled for two days of meetings. Commissioner Bud Selig was to address the media on Thursday morning to discuss what is on the table. "I thought it was very thoughtful and well-done," Selig said Wednesday evening. "Well discuss it in more detail tomorrow. We havent even discussed it." MLB is looking at a vast expansion of video review for the 2014 season and is examining whether all calls other than balls and strikes should be subject to instant replay. Torre said at the All-Star Game in New York last monthn that he was fairly confident a new system would be in place for next season. Video review has been in place for umpires on home run calls since August 2008. "You know me, Im always encouraged," Torre said Wednesday. Selig initially wanted to add trap plays and fair-or-foul calls down the lines for 2013, then decided to proceed cautiously, and the change was put off while more radical options were studied. Torre has said all options were being considered, including an NFL-type system that would give managers the ability to challenge calls. The replay subcommittee also includes former St. Louis Cardinals manager Tony La Russa and Atlanta Braves President John Schuerholz. Umpires have come under increased scrutiny following several missed calls this season. After initially failing to award Oaklands Adam Rosales a tying home run in the ninth inning att Cleveland on May 8, Angel Hernandezs umpiring crew reviewed video and still didnt change it to a homer even though replays clearly showed the ball went over the fence. Hockey Jerseys China. The next day umpire Fieldin Culbreths crew allowed Houston manager Bo Porter to improperly switch relievers in the middle of an inning, leading to a two-game suspension for the crew chief. An admitted blown call cost the Red Sox the potential tying run in a loss last month at Fenway Park. Boston manager John Farrell told reporters afterward that with better technology baseball could get more "out or safe" calls correct. Trailing by a run in the eighth inning of a 2-1 loss to Tampa Bay, pinch-runner Daniel Nava was called out by home plate umpire Jerry Meals attempting to score on a fly ball. After watching the replay, Meals later admitted to a pool reporter that he was "wrong on my decision." Replays of the game at Fenway showed that Nava slid into the top portion of the plate before Rays catcher Jose Molina came across to make the tag. Farrell and Nava argued, and Farrell was ejected. Shortly after the game ended, Meals said: "What I saw was Molina blocked the plate and Navas foot lifted. But in the replays, you could clearly see Navas foot got under for a split second and then lifted, so I was wrong on my decision. From the angle I had, I did not see his foot get under Molinas shin guard." Farrell said he just wants to see the calls made correctly and understands that the lengthening of games is something that MLB wants to avoid. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.