The ball was all over the place

in Neues 07.10.2019 07:23
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LEVI, Finland -- Double overall World Cup skiing champion Marcel Hirscher continued to dominate the slalom Sunday, winning the World Cup opener ahead of countryman Mario Matt. Fake Nike Baseball Jerseys . The 24-year-old Austrian skied seamlessly throughout the second run to clock an overall time of 1 minute, 45.42 seconds, securing his 10th consecutive spot on the podium in the discipline. Two-time world champion Mario Matt climbed from third place after the first run to second, 0.62 seconds behind Hirscher and Norwegian 19-year-old Henrik Kristoffersen clinched his first podium place, finishing third, 0.93 seconds back. German Felix Neureuther, who was second after the first run, had an acrobatic fall on his second run but continued to ski and ended up 27th. Hirscher dominated the slalom World Cup last season, won the slalom world title as well as his second overall title. His strong display here suggests he remains in top form ahead of the Olympics in Sochi. He said he was especially happy to win in Levi, a course that he has struggled on in the past, but tried to play down the huge expectations on him. "Im happy right now to be here, to have a podium, to have a victory," he said. "To stand for the 10th time in a row on the podium ... is a really amazing thing but once for sure this row will come to an end, every row comes to an end." In a first for this year, organizers presented the winners with a live reindeer from the local Lapland region. American teenager Mikaela Shiffrin, who won the womens race Saturday, named her reindeer Rudolf, and Hirscher said he would call his Ferdinand. American Ted Ligety, who won the Giant Slalom opening race in Soelden last month, improved from a slow first run, ending 11th, 1.96 seconds behind Hirscher. Ligety, who put a lot of focus on slalom in preseason training in an attempt to take a shot at an overall World Cup title, said he needs to improve if that strategy is to play out. "I feel like in the second run I skied a little bit more like I should be skiing," he said. "But still far from being what I really need to do in slalom. "I need to be scoring in the top five to top three, so I need to up it in this if thats going to be a meaningful route to getting me enough points," he added. Matt, 34, said he was happy to be back on the podium. "I have felt really good in the last weeks and months," he said. "Im really happy about the result, it was perfect." Kristoffersen said he was emotional to be on the podium for the first time and that the Norwegian team has worked hard together to improve its level of skiing. "Its a big step in the right direction," he said. "This is a great day, but I still have a long way to go." Meanwhile, 33-year-old veteran Ivica Kostelic of Croatia showed he was still in the game, finishing fourth. French 22-year-old Alexis Pinturault, who was sixth overall last season with three victories in three different disciplines and second after Ligety in the Giant Slalom opener in Soelden, skied out on his second run. His teammate, Julien Lizeroux, who hasnt competed since 2011 due to a knee injury, put in a solid performance, finishing in 17th place. Last years winner in Levi, Olympic bronze medallist Andre Myhrer of Sweden, committed a major mistake at the end of the track in the first run and didnt qualify for the second run. His countryman, Mattias Hargin finished 5th. The next event on the World Cup circuit is in Beaver Creek, Colo. on Nov. 26. Nike Baseball Jerseys China . The 7-foot-1 Hawes, who is in the final year of his contract, is averaging 13 points and 8.5 rebounds, both career highs, and shoots 40 per cent from 3-point range. The 25-year-old Hawes is in his seventh NBA season. Fake Baseball Jerseys . -- David Ortiz saved his only hit for a key moment for the Boston Red Sox. https://www.fakebaseballjerseys.com/ . Ramon, 30, played in a career-high 97 games with the Goldeyes in 2013. He also matched a career-high eight home runs and posted 52 RBI. OAKLAND, Calif. -- Josh Donaldson is pushing for a spot on the American League All-Star team with his bat and glove. Donaldson homered, reached base safely four times and made a pair of stellar defensive plays, including a tumbling catch while crashing over a roll of infield tarp in foul territory, to help preserve Oaklands 7-5 win over the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday. "If someone wants to say that Im having an All-Star year so far, thats fine," said Donaldson, who also doubled. "Ive said it a hundred times, if I just focus on helping our team win and try to do something productive for the team, the individual stuff is going to take care of itself." Donaldson went into the day ranked in the top five among AL third basemen in batting average, home runs and RBIs but was fifth in the most recently released All-Star voting. That could change the more the As win and the more Donaldson flashes his defensive skills. His catch on Matt Carpenters foul in the fourth ended a two-on, two-out threat. Donaldson later made a diving stop on Allen Craigs grounder to end the seventh with the tying run on second. Oakland needed it to overcome a rocky outing by starter Tommy Milone. Milone gave up three home runs and pitched with runners in scoring position in four of the six innings he worked, but got the win after the As rallied from deficits of 3-0 and 5-2. "Probably not his best command ... but he fought his way through," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Against a team like that, to give us six innings, you wouldnt have forcasted that after the first inning." Jed Lowrie also homered for the As, who padded their AL-best home record by taking two of three in this interleague series. Oakland has won 16 of its last 19 games at the Coliseum. Carlos Beltran, Craig and Carpenter homered for the Cardinals. The slugfest in the series finale was in stark contrast to the first two games when starting pitchers Bartolo Colon of the As and Adam Wainwright of the Cardinals put together dominant performances. "That was kind of the game I anticipated happening but with us on the other side," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "We came out swinging the bats. Ive seen them enough to know this series was going to be like. Today could have gone either way." Oakland had seven extra-base hits -- five off St. Louis starter Jake Westbrook. Westbrook (4-3) lasted just four innings and gave up six runs and 10 hits overall. Lowries go-ahead two-run blast was the big blow, while Donaldsons solo shot off relieveer Trevor Rosenthal in the seventh capped the As best offensive day in two weeks. Fake Nike Baseball Jerseys China. . Oakland remained a half-game behind Texas in the AL West and improved to 26-13 at home. The As are also 48-35, their best record after 83 games since 1992. Milone (7-7) overcame his rocky outing to win for the first time since June 3. Oaklands left-hander allowed seven hits over six innings with five strikeouts and two walks. The three home runs allowed by Milone also matched a season-high. Sean Doolittle and Ryan Cook each pitched a scoreless inning of relief, and Grant Balfour worked the ninth for his 19th save. "It makes it a lot easier when we come back and score some runs," Milone said. "We just kept coming back." St. Louis, which began the day one game behind Pittsburgh in the NL Central, took a pair of early leads but couldnt make them hold up. Beltran and Craig hit back-to-back home runs in the first inning to give the Cardinals a 3-0 lead. It was Beltrans team-leading 19th homer while Craigs blast was his third on the Cardinals current road trip. The As pulled within one when Lowrie singled in Seth Smith and scored on an RBI double by Yoenis Cespedes in the bottom of the inning. Carpenters solo home run in the third off Milone made it 4-2. Lowrie, Oaklands shortstop, later let Matt Hollidays grounder go through his legs and was slow to retrieve the ball, allowing Beltran to score from second. Oakland scored twice in the third with the help of two errors, and then went ahead 6-5 on Lowries two-run homer off Westbrook in the fourth after Chris Youngs leadoff single. "I just didnt have it," Westbrook said. "It seemed like I was fighting it all day. The ball was all over the place." Notes: Oakland CF Coco Crisp left the game in the fourth inning with back spasms and is day-to-day. ... Cardinals 1B Matt Adams was a late scratch due to food poisoning. His replacement, Ty Wiggington, went 0-for-3. Adams struck out as a pinch-hitter in the ninth... As RHP Jarrod Parker is still nursing a strained right hamstring but will attempt to throw a bullpen session on Tuesday. Parker left Saturdays game after injuring his leg with two outs in the fourth inning. ... Cardinals RHP Shelby Miller threw an extended bullpen before the game. Miller threw 61 pitches in his previous start on Friday. ... Oakland RHP A.J. Griffin (6-6) pitches the series opener against the Cubs on Tuesday. ... RHP Lance Lynn (10-3) takes the mound for the Cardinals in their first-ever visit to Anaheim to play the Angels. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.