as 24 down the stretch. "T

in Neues 10.01.2018 08:39
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Gregory Polanco has already earned a long list of admirers during his short time in the majors. Matt Niskanen Jersey . New York Mets manager Terry Collins is now one of them. Collins got his first look at the Pittsburgh Pirates rookie right fielder Thursday night and came away impressed. "Hes got a lot of tools, a lot of skills," Collins said. "I watched him in batting practice and you see he had big power, then he showed it in the game. Hes very impressive." The hot-hitting Polanco homered and drove in four runs, and resurgent right-hander Vance Worley pitched seven stingy innings to lead the Pirates past the Mets 5-2 for their fifth win in six games. Polanco drove in the games first run with a groundout in the first inning, then sent a three-run homer into the right-field stands off Daisuke Matsuzaka in the fifth to put the Pirates ahead 5-1. The right fielder went 2 for 3 with a walk and is hitting .338 in 16 games since being called up from Triple-A Indianapolis on June 10. The Pirates are 10-6 since Polanco arrived, pushing them one game above .500 at 40-39. "Hes a talented young man, so Im humble to have him on the club and the opportunity to write his name in the lineup," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Its a good time for him to be included on our club and hes obviously been making a difference since hes been up here." Worley (2-0) scattered seven hits, walked two and struck out three. He has given up four runs in 20 2-3 innings over three starts since coming up from Indianapolis on June 15. He was 1-5 with a 7.21 ERA in 10 starts for Minnesota last season. Hurdle was particularly impressed that Worley pitched so effectively while struggling with his command. Worley had walked only five batters in 58 2-3 innings between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis prior to Thursday. "It was a very solid body of work, a very professional effort," Hurdle said. "Hell be the first one to tell you he wasnt as sharp as hed been previously. You saw a man go out there and have to wrestle a little bit and maintain composure, mound presence, and just pound the zone." Matsuzaka (3-2) allowed five runs and five hits in six innings with four walks and four strikeouts. Lucas Duda hit his team-high 12th home run for the Mets. New York cut it to 5-2 on back-to-back doubles by Daniel Murphy and David Wright in the eighth, but Mark Melancon pitched a perfect ninth for his 14th save. Polancos home run came on a full-count pitch with one out after Pedro Alvarez hit the first of his three singles and Worley also singled. Polanco sounded a little like famous Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne when he talked about his approach at the plate in that situation. "I just fight, fight, fight, swing, swing and try to make contact," Polanco said. "I stayed with my approach and I hit it." Polanco hit a slider after Mets catcher Travis dArnaud had called for a changeup. "I shook off dArnaud and that ended up being a big mistake," Matsuzaka said through a translator. "I apologize to him about that." NOTES: New York activated CF Juan Lagares (ribcage) from the 15-day disabled list before the game. ... Mets RHP Dillon Gee will make his second rehab start Sunday, pitching for Class-A Brooklyn while on a 55-pitch limit. He has been on the DL since June 11 with a strained right lat. ... Pittsburgh LF Starling Marte was not in the starting lineup for the second straight game. He felt concussion-like symptoms after sliding into second base Tuesday night at Tampa Bay. The head and neck are no longer a problem, but Marte is still feeling the effects of a jammed right middle finger. ... Pirates LHP Francisco Liriano had a 30-pitch bullpen session, the first time he had thrown off a mound since going on the disabled list June 11 with a left oblique strain. ... New York RHP Jacob deGrom (1-4, 3.75 ERA) faces RHP Brandon Cumpton (3-2, 4.93) in a matchup of rookies Friday night. Evgeny Kuznetsov Jersey . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. Lucas Johansen Jersey . - PGA Tour rookie Tony Finau shot a 9-under 63 at Del Monte and had a two-stroke lead over Billy Andrade and Lee Janzen of the Champions Tour after Thursdays opening round of the Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. http://www.thecapitalshockeystore.com/Capitals-Mike-Gartner-Adidas-Jersey/ . Mohamed Diame put West Ham ahead in the 47th minute before goals by substitutes Carlton Cole and Joe Cole condemned Fulham to a fifth straight defeat, keeping the visitors in the bottom three.AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Chicago Bulls felt they played only two quarters of defence Wednesday night. That was all they needed to beat the Detroit Pistons 99-79 and end a four-game losing streak. The Pistons led 53-51 at the half, but Chicago only allowed 26 second-half points, including 11 in the fourth quarter, as they pulled away for the easy win. "They made some shots in the first half, but I liked the way we were playing offensively," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "In the second half, we got our defensive intensity going." Chicagos defence was at its best in the fourth quarter, where the Pistons went scoreless on 10 straight possessions. Jonas Jerebkos jumper had pulled Detroit to 80-75 with 8:39 left, but the Bulls didnt allow another basket until Gigi Datomes jumper made it 99-77 with 1:31 to go. "This has been a tough road trip for us," said Kirk Hinrich. "We played to our strengths tonight, we really competed defensively in the second half and we got one in the win column. Detroit shot 27.8 per cent in the second half, missed all six 3-point attempts, went 6 of 13 from the line and turned the ball over nine times. "They were obviously a lot better in the second half than they had been in the first half," Pistons coach Maurice Cheeks said. "We couldnt score the ball, and a lot of that was because of their defence." Luol Deng led the Bulls with 27 points, while reserve Taj Gibson had a career-high 23. Tony Snell, making the first start of his career, added 13 points in 37 minutes. "When I heard I was in the starting lineup, I just told myself to play my game and not rush anything," he said. "All the hours Ive put in, working hard in the gym, were so that Id be ready for this." Rodney Stuckey finished with 25 off the bench for Detroit but no one else had more than 13. Josh Smith had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Andre Drummond had 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Pistons. Point guards Brandon Jennings and Will Bynnum combined for two points on 1-for-8 shooting in the second half. Nicklas Backstrom Jersey. "We certainly needed some scoring from Brandon and Bynum," Cheeks said. "If you dont get anything from either of them, you are going to have a hard time." Neither team played much defence in the first half, with the Pistons shooting 58.5 per cent to Chicagos 52.4 per cent. Stuckey and Gibson both had 15 points off the bench, and each team also had two starters in double figures by halftime. Six quick points from Joakim Noah helped Chicago put together a 18-8 run that gave them 69-61 late in the third. The Bulls had three straight possessions with a chance to move the margin into double figures, but two misses on open jumpers and a fast-break turnover let the Pistons stay close. Stuckey finally ended Detroits drought with a pair of baskets, and the Pistons pulled to 69-65. The fight-back was short-lived, though, and the Bulls had the advantage back to 76-68 by quarters end. The margin stayed in the high single figures for the early part of the fourth, but Detroit started to struggle when Cheeks took Stuckey out of the game. It was 86-75 when Stuckey returned with five minutes left, but he couldnt help. Hinrich immediately made a three-point play to make it a 14-point game, and Chicago led by as many as 24 down the stretch. "They are tough, but we adjusted to the physical play of the game," Thibodeau said. "When the ball was in the air, we got bodies on people and fought for the ball." NOTES: Michigan native Floyd Mayweather Jr. was seated at courtside, a few seats away from Pistons owner Tom Gores. Mayweather, accompanied by a large entourage, engaged in some friendly banter with Bulls players, including an imitation of Joakim Noahs unusual free-throw style. He also got a large ovation when he was shown on the scoreboard during the fourth quarter. ... Stuckey leads the Eastern Conference with points off the bench, coming into the game at 15.9 points. ... Datome finished with four points on his 26th birthday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.