MELBOURNE, Australia - Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova won the Australian Open womens doubles title on Friday in their

in Neues 20.02.2019 04:44
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia - Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova won the Australian Open womens doubles title on Friday in their first tournament together as a partnership, beating Chan Yung-jan and Zheng Jie 6-4, 7-6 (5). Cheap Asics Shoes Free Shipping .Not only had Mattek-Sands and Safarova never played together before the first Grand Slam of the year, they had never even practiced together.Actually, we didnt even really know which side we were going to play, Mattek-Sands said. We started off on the opposite sides, (then) we switched. I think we switched again. It was pretty spur of the moment.It marked the first time a new pairing had won a Grand Slam title since Nathalie Dechy of France and Russias Dinara Safina captured the 2007 U.S. Open title.Mattek-Sands, a 29-year-old from Wisconsin known for her adventurous tennis outfits and multi-hued hair, was out for six months last year while recovering from hip surgery and wasnt sure she would play doubles at Melbourne Park.In the off-season it was literally, Lets play Australian Open. I know some teams kind of plan for the year a little bit, she said. For me, you know, I want to get a chance to see how my hip felt, see how my body felt.The two came together in the off-season because Safarovas coach is friends with Mattek-Sands husband, Justin.I had some partners where it took really a long time to find a good combination and to play well, but I think we pretty much (clicked) right away, we played well, said Safarova, a Czech player who has had more success in singles, reaching the Wimbledon semifinals last year.Even though they didnt know each others playing styles, they bonded in the locker room over tea each morning.We would get our Earl Grey, Mattek-Sands said.Chilling, Safarova added.Its the first Grand Slam trophy for the Czech player. Mattek-Sands previously won the 2012 Australian Open mixed doubles title with Romanian Horia Tecau.Asked whether she and Safarova had made plans to play again, Mattek-Sands said, We actually havent even talked about it yet.Safarova, laughing, responded: Would you like to play with me? Cheap Wholesale Asics . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. Cheap Asics Running Shoes . JOHNS, N. http://www.wholesaleasics.com/ . "Im not even that added up," the 39-year-old Australian replied. And to the Hall of Famers surprise, when all the math was done Sunday in the JTBC Founders Cup, she was the one posing for pictures with the big trophy.The Winnipeg Goldeyes would come up just short on Friday night in a closely fought match with the Kansas City T-Bones. Kansas City (30-30) topped the Goldeyes (37-23) by a score of 5-4 in front of 6,519 fans at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas City. The T-Bones took an early two run lead in the bottom of the first, as both lead-off batters got on base and would then come around to score. The Goldeyes would respond two innings later as Jordan Guida got on base on a single and was driven in by Casey Haerther. In the bottom of the same inning, Kansas City reestablished their two run lead. Former Goldeyes player Ray Sadler would drive in his second run of the game, after his teammate Danny Richar got on base on a walk. Guida would score another run in the top of the fifth to bring the Goldeyes back within one. He was driven in on an RBI single from Brock Bond. The Goldeyes would then tie the game in the eighth inning. Casey Haerther got on base on a single and after advancing on a hit from Jaake Blackwood and a sac bunt from Donnie Webb, he would be driven in by Josh Mazzola. Discount Asics Shoes. . Answering back in the bottom of the eighth, the T-Bones would load the bases and score two. The Goldeyes wouldnt go quietly, Tyler Kuhn hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth to pull his team within one. And after Brock Bond got on base on a single and then advanced to second on a wild pitch, the Goldeyes were a hit away from tying the game back up. T-Bones pitcher Kris Regas would shut the rally down though as he struck out Mazzola and got Blackwood to ground out to end the game. Regas would earn the win for Kansas City, and Kaohi Downing — who came on in relief of Winnipegs starter Chandler Barnard — was charged with the loss. The Goldeyes and T-Bones will meet again on Saturday evening at 7 p.m. The Goldeyes will send Chris Salamida (3-3) to the mound to face Kansas Citys Rick Zagone (6-2). The two teams will then wrap up the weekend series on Sunday at 1 p.m. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.