ARLINGTON, Texas -- Those Martinez sluggers in the middle of the Detroit Tigers lineup keep coming up big. [url=http://www.whole

in Neues 20.02.2019 04:44
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Those Martinez sluggers in the middle of the Detroit Tigers lineup keep coming up big. Buy Nike Sneakers Wholesale . Most everyone already knew about Victor. Now they are getting familiar with J.D. The unrelated players homered on consecutive pitches by different Texas pitchers in the fifth, after back-to-back doubles in a three-run first, as the AL Central-leading Tigers stretched their winning streak to six games with an 8-6 victory at Texas. "Hes been swinging the bat great, and hes a guy that has a lot of power," cleanup hitter Victor said of J.D. "Hes getting a chance to play more often, and hes been doing a lot of damage." After Victor Martinez led off the fifth with his 20th homer to chase Joe Saunders (0-4), J.D. went deep on the first pitch thrown by reliever Shawn Tolleson. "Thats how he attacked me (Tuesday). He struck me out on three straight fastballs. ... He likes to leave the ball up. Im looking for a fastball there," J.D. Martinez said. "Its never a bad plan, either, looking for a fastball up." It was his ninth homer this season, the sixth during a 14-game hitting streak that is the longest active in the majors. J.D. Martinez is hitting .418 (23 for 55) with eight doubles and 17 RBIs in that span. "Vics been swinging the bat well all year, right-handed, left-handed, you take your pick," manager Brad Ausmus said. "The thing about J.D. is his power. When he gets hot, the ball is going to travel." Victor and J.D. also had consecutive doubles when Detroit went ahead to stay with three runs in the first inning. Texas lost its seventh consecutive game, the longest current losing streak in the majors. "Its definitely hard to comprehend a seven-game losing streak, but it is what it is," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "We knew why. Weve got to score some runs, and weve got to pitch better." The Rangers trailed 6-3 when left-hander Saunders left after giving up seven hits and walking five. Anibal Sanchez (5-2) struck out five and allowed four runs in 5 1-3 innings. The right-hander is 5-0 in his eight starts since coming off the disabled list May 18 after missing three weeks with a cut on his right middle finger. Joe Nathan, the Texas closer the last two seasons before leaving in free agency, gave up a run in the ninth before clinching his 16th save in 21 chances. Carlos Pena homered and scored twice in his second game back with the Rangers, the team he made his major league debut for in 2001 before being traded the following winter. Detroits first five hits were for extra bases before Torii Hunters RBI single in the third made it 5-0. Rajai Davis led off the game with a triple into the right-centre gap. Ian Kinsler then walked on four pitches and Miguel Cabrera had a sacrifice fly before the consecutive Martinez doubles. Kinsler and Cabrera had consecutive doubles to start the third. Texas scored three times in the fourth, which started when Shin-Soo Choo singled before Adrian Beltres RBI double. Pena singled and came home on a single by Robinson Chirinos. Texas rookie second baseman Rougned Odor struck out for the third time in the eighth, but made it to the third base after a wild pitch and a throwing error by catcher Bryan Holaday. Odor was initially called out sliding into third base by umpire Tim Welke even as the ball rolled free, but the umpiring crew conferred and changed the call to safe without a replay. NOTES: The Rangers are a season-high 12 1-2 games behind Oakland in the AL West, their largest deficit since the end of the 2008 season. ... The Rangers are 16-21 at home, where they have lost six of their last seven. ... When Pena homered in the sixth, the ball landed in a pan of brisket set up in a seating area in the right-field corner. Cheap Nike Sneakers Wholesale . "It feels good, Ive never had one before, not even in College," Hagelin said after the Rangers outgunned the Jets 4-2, behind some solid goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist following a pretty wide open first period. Nike Sneakers Discount Wholesale . Sweeting scored two in the first and three in the second before Strong (4-4) got two back in the fourth. Sweeting then scored three in the fifth, two in the sixth and one in the seventh to grab a commanding 9-2 lead. http://www.wholesalesneakersnike.com/ . -- Canadas Nicole Vandermade won the Four Winds Invitational on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 4-under 68 for a one-stroke victory. MONACO -- With Mercedes looking certain to run away with the Formula One constructors championship, the promising battle between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg should provide an intriguing backdrop for the rest of the season. Rosberg is only three points behind Hamilton, the championship leader, who has won the past four races. The two go back a long way, to their days karting together. But with so little separating them in the title race, their friendship looks set to be tested. Hamilton has even questioned Rosbergs desire to win. "I come from a not-great place in Stevenage and lived on a couch in my dads apartment, and Nico grew up in Monaco with jets and hotels and boats and all these kind of things," Hamilton said. "So the hunger is different ... if I were to come here believing that Nico is hungrier than me then I might as well go home." Those comments give the first indication that Hamilton, the Formula One champion in 2008, is applying pressure on Rosberg, who is far more inexperienced with four career wins compared to Hamiltons 26. Hamilton dismissed any notion of diplomacy when he was asked his ideal result at the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, replying "(me) finishing first, Fernando (Alonso) finishing second and Sebastian (Vettel) finishing third. That would be it for me. The dream result for the team would be the Mercedes cars finishing 1-2." Four-time defending champion Vettel is already 55 points behind Hamilton in fourth place, and two-time champion Alonso is in third, 51 behind Hamilton. They have one third-place finish each so far and dont look like closing the gap, so it looks like being Hamilton vs. Rosberg for the rest of the campaign. Before he joined Mercedes last season, Hamiltons final season with McLaren proved a tense one. Nike Sneakers China Free Shipping. Relations with Jenson Button were strained and he was reprimanded by the team for posting confidential information on social media about McLarens telemetry in September 2012. Button said he was "disappointed" in him, but it also showed Hamilton has a ruthless streak. Even though Hamilton has won the past four races after Rosberg clinched the season-opener in Australia, he wants to dominate Rosberg more. "Even if we are a dominating team, I dont beat my teammate by 40 seconds," the 29-year-old Hamilton said. "Take the last race, it was six-tenths (of a second) between us." Hamilton has beaten Rosberg 4-1 in qualifying -- Mercedes has all the pole positions so far -- but Rosberg argues that it could swing back in his favour heading into the midseason. "Three of those qualifyings were in the wet; in the dry its 1-1 and its supposed to be dry on Saturday (in Monaco) so Im confident I can make it happen," said the 28-year-old Rosberg, who is the son of 1982 F1 champion Keke Rosberg. "Its been a tough battle up until now and I expect it to continue like that," Rosberg said. "Of course now hes had the result in a couple of races but its been very close. I just need a tiny bit to turn it around." It seems unlikely their relationship will ever become as intense as the one between Vettel and Mark Webber at Red Bull, who were known to ignore team orders when asked to let the other driver pass. "We will always have the years in karting, that kind of foundation of a long time ago," Hamilton said. "For example, I have been storing my safe in his house for several months and just took it back now, and that could always be the other way around." Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.