MILAN, Italy -- Inter Milan owner Erick Thohir has been elected as club president, ending Massimo Morattis 18-year spell in char

in Neues 18.02.2019 04:36
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MILAN, Italy -- Inter Milan owner Erick Thohir has been elected as club president, ending Massimo Morattis 18-year spell in charge. Austin Corbett Jersey . Thohir, who bought a majority stake of Inter last month, was confirmed as the new president at an extraordinary board meeting on Friday. "In 10 years time only 10 clubs will be remembered in the world, only those which are winners, nice to watch and financially healthy," Thohir said. "Inter has to be and will be one of those. With this new management, with the definition of clear objectives and with everyones collaboration we will make sure Inter will be among those 10 clubs. "This new group has to be sufficiently creative to find new fans for the club, to attract them from Asia and from the United States. Creative in creating a winning squad and with (coach Walter) Mazzarri we are already on the right path." Thohir, along with Rosan Roeslani and Handy Soetedjo, has a 70 per cent stake in the 18-time Italian champions. Moratti has reduced his shares in Inter from 98.3 per cent to 29.5 per cent. "I want to give a really special thanks to my friend and new partner Massimo Moratti for his confidence and support and I also want to thank my associates Rosan and Handy, who I have known for more than 20 years," Thohir said. Moratti will have no role on the board but has been confirmed as honorary president, while his son Angelomario has been named as vice-president, alongside Soetedjo. "I am very happy to have found the new owner of this glorious club," Moratti said. "I am certain that they are more than prepared to continue bringing success to these beloved colours. "Personally I am honoured to have been president of Inter for so many years." Moratti took over the presidency when he bought the club in 1995. During his time in charge, Inter won five consecutive Serie A titles and also won the Champions League and Italian Cup in 2010. The 68-year-old Morattis last game as president was Inters 2-0 victory over Livorno. Thohir is also part owner of the Philadelphia 76ers and D.C. United. He is chairman of the Mahaka Group, which has business interests in media and entertainment. Inters last trophy was the 2011 Italian Cup. The team is currently fourth in the Italian league, seven points behind leader Rome -- the only other Serie A club to have foreign owners. Roma, which has yet to lose a game this season and won a record 10 matches to open the season, was taken over by a group of Boston executives in 2011. Carlos Hyde Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Baker Mayfield Browns Jersey . Jim Leyland, in his eighth playoffs, has never had a starting rotation he trusts as much as the grouping of Max Scherzer, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez and Doug Fister. http://www.brownsrookiestore.com/Browns-Darren-Fells-Jersey/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning.SAN FRANCISCO -- Linebacker Aldon Smith will miss Thursday nights game at St. Louis and perhaps sit out longer, San Francisco 49ers CEO Jed York said Sunday. Smith will seek treatment following his arrest Friday for suspicion of driving under the influence and marijuana possession. After Sundays loss to the Colts, Smith apologized and acknowledged he will get help, but didnt field questions. "First off, I wanted to apologize to the team, the organization, my family and everybody I let down," he said. "I also wanted to let it be known that this is a problem and its something that I will get fixed, and that Ill do everything in my power to make sure that this never happens again. I also wanted to let everybody know that once again Im sorry." Smith started for San Francisco and had five tackles in a 27-7 loss, two days after he was arrested and jailed early Friday morning after his truck hit a tree. York defended the organizations decision to play Smith. "Our opinion is if youre sitting someone down and paying them to sit down when theyre going to seek treatment in the future, we didnt feel like that was an appropriate punishment," he said. "Were not trying to circumvent what the NFL will do. This is about making sure that Aldon has the opportunity to work on something, to get better, and he knows that he has our support and hopefully he has everybodys support in something that has been very difficult." York expects Smith to get help on his own, but the 49ers wont interfere. "I think Aldon is going to take steps on his own," York said. Smith is a key pass rusher and sacks leader for the 49ers, and coach Jim Harbaugh had said leading up to Sunday that the NFL would decide how to puniish the third-year pro, who turns 24 Wednesday. Antonio Callaway Jersey. He had a franchise-record 19 1/2 sacks last season, second in the NFL. When asked about Smith getting help, Harbaugh said "theres a process there well apprise you of at the appropriate time." Smith has had a rash of run-ins with the law that raised questions about his character. "It was disappointing, but we support him, and knowing that what he wants to do is not a one-day fix, its a long-term fix for Aldon," York said. "And Aldon is willing to fight for himself and try to make this right, and I will see it through, and I will support him. I will take any shots that anybody wants to direct at the organization. They can direct at me, and I will support Aldon as long as he is willing to work at this and fight to get better." Earlier this month, a lawsuit was filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court naming Smith by a Northern California man who said he was shot at a party at Smiths house on June 29, 2012. The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith and former 49ers tight end Delanie Walker, 29 were allegedly intoxicated on Smiths balcony when they later fired gunshots in the air while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said. Before the 2012 home opener last September, Smith was the passenger in a car accident in Santa Clara County in which the driver swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Smith sustained a cut beneath his right eyebrow. He apologized and insisted he had grown up. The 49ers selected Smith seventh overall in the first round of the 2011 draft out of Missouri. He became an instant impact player like many of the others chosen by general manager Trent Baalke in the past three drafts. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.