MONTREAL -- Two-time major champion Li Na pulled out of the Rogers Cup and the U. [url=http://www.cheapairjordan12ireland.com/]J

in Willkommen 12.01.2019 07:29
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Two-time major champion Li Na pulled out of the Rogers Cup and the U. Jordan 12 Clearance Ireland .S. Open on Thursday because of a knee injury she said has bothered her for several months. The only tennis player from China to win a Grand Slam singles title also withdrew from next months hard-court tournament in Cincinnati. "I wanted to let all of my great fans know that unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from the upcoming WTA events in Montreal and Cincinnati, as well as the US Open," she said in a statement released by Tennis Canada. "Since March, I have been struggling with my knee and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level. My medical team has advised me that I need to take some time off to rest my knee so it heals. "I look forward to getting back on the court this fall in Wuhan and Beijing." Li played in the last four editions of the Rogers Cup. In 2012, she reached the final in Montreal before falling to Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic. As a result of the withdrawal, Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., becomes the fifth seed at the Aug. 1-10 tournament at Uniprix Stadium. Shell get a first-round bye along with the other top eight seeds. Also Thursday, tournament organizers announced that Yvonne Meusburger of Austria will miss the event and American players Barbora Zahlavova Strycova and Alison Riske will enter the main draw. The official draw will be held Friday and the qualification rounds begin Saturday. Li did not specify which knee was injured, but she played with her right knee taped up at Wimbledon, her most recent tournament. The U.S. Open begins Aug. 25. Li won the Australian Open in January for her second major title. She also won the 2011 French Open. In May, Li lost in the first round of the French Open, beaten by a player ranked 103rd. At Wimbledon in June, Li bowed out in the third round. On Wednesday, 14-time major champion Rafael Nadal announced he hurt his right wrist in practice and would miss the Rogers Cup in Toronto and the Cincinnati event, although he holds out hope of defending his title at the U.S. Open. Jordan 12 Online Store Ireland . The Incheon-based tea, of the Korea Baseball Organization said the deal for the 35-year-old Scott included a $50,000 signing bonus. Scott reached the major leagues with Houston in 2005 and hit 23 homers or more for Baltimore each year from 2008-10. Air Jordan 12 Ireland .Boston beat the Nashville Predators 5-3 on Tuesday night and celebrated consecutive wins for the first time in more than a month. http://www.cheapairjordan12ireland.com/ . Braves reliever David Carpenter was also fined for throwing at Rockies outfielder Corey Dickerson in the same game, which featured several ejections, including Colorado manager Walt Weiss.MILWAUKEE -- It was just like old times for Rick Barnes and Texas. The Longhorns made a successful return to the NCAA tournament when Cameron Ridley converted a tiebreaking layup as time expired Thursday night, lifting his team to an 87-85 victory over Arizona State. Jonathan Holmes missed badly on a long 3-pointer for the Longhorns in the final seconds, but Ridley emerged from the scrum and banked it in as the buzzer sounded. The call stood after a video replay, handing Texas its first tourney win since 2011. "I went to the glass as hard as I could," Ridley said. Ridley finished with 17 points and 12 rebounds for the seventh-seeded Longhorns (24-10), who led by 14 with 12 minutes left. Freshman reserve Martez Walker had 16 points and Demarcus Holland scored 14 on 6-for-6 shooting from the field. "It was a great, great college basketball game and I thought it was really very unfortunate that either team had to lose this game," Barnes said. "We were fortunate. ... We didnt have great execution at the end but we found a way to make a couple plays." Texas will face No. 2 seed Michigan Saturday. The Wolverines advanced with a 57-40 victory over Wofford. Jordan Bachynski had 25 points and seven rebounds for No. 10 seed Arizona State (21-12), which was making its first tournament appearance since 2009. Jahii Carson had 19 points and nine assists, and Jermaine Marshall added 17 points and seven rebounds. "Its a tough one, its a tough way to end the game and end my career," Bachynski said. Texas went to the NCAA tournament in each of Barnes first 14 seasons, making it to the 2003 Final Four. But last season was a disaster for the Longhorns, who went 16-18 and lost in the opening round of the College Basketball Invitational. Barnes lost three starters from that team, but Holmes and Ridley returned, and the Lonnghorns were determined to turn it around after the disappointing finish. Jordan 12 Sale Ireland. They stumbled a bit heading into the tournament, losing five of eight, but they stepped up at the most critical time against the Sun Devils. Holmes made two free throws to give Texas a 61-47 lead with 12:11 to go, and the Longhorns looked ready to blow out the Sun Devils. ASU then scored 17 of the next 22 points, trimming the deficit to two on Jonathan Gillings 3-pointer with 8:15 left. Arizona State had an 83-82 lead when Holmes grabbed an air ball by Javan Felix and scored while being fouled by Gilling. He made the resulting foul shot with 32 seconds to go. Gilling made two free throws on the other end, setting up the frantic finish. Gilling had four 3-pointers and 15 points for the Sun Devils, who lost their last four games of the season. "They just keep playing, theyve been a next-play, next-game team all season," Arizona State coach Herb Sendek said. "I can tell you right now its a very emotional, heartbroken locker room." The battle of at-large teams in the Midwest Regional featured a pair of coaches with a long history together. Barnes first met Herb Sendek at a 1978 basketball camp at the University of Pittsburgh, and Barnes had Sendek on his staff for one season when he was in charge at Providence. They also coached against each other for years in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Their only other meeting in the NCAA tournament occurred in 2006, when Texas beat North Carolina State 75-54 in the round of 32. Both teams got off to fast starts, with Bachynskis jumper for Arizona State tying it at 21 with 12:32 to go. But Texas responded with a 9-0 run, beginning with Walkers two free throws and ending with Walkers 3 from the wing. Walker added a layup with 31 seconds left to help the Longhorns to a 41-36 halftime lead. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.