OAKLAND, Calif. [url=http://www.cavaliersbasketballpro.info/kyle-korver-cavaliers-jersey /]Kyle Korver Jersey[/url] . -- The Oakl

in Off-Topic 19.12.2018 06:50
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

OAKLAND, Calif. Kyle Korver Jersey . -- The Oakland Athletics found a trade partner for pitcher Brett Anderson and his big salary. The As dealt the left-hander and cash to the Colorado Rockies for lefty Drew Pomeranz and minor league right-hander Chris Jensen on Tuesday. Two-time AL West champion Oakland had been looking to move Anderson, who is due to make $8 million this season and has a $12 million contract option for the 2015 season. That includes a $1.5 million buyout. The 25-year-old Anderson was the Athletics starter on opening day this year. He went 1-4 with a 6.04 in five starts and 16 appearances, finishing up as a reliever in an injury-interrupted season. "Thanks to the As Organization and Fans for everything," Anderson posted on Twitter. "Ill nothing but fond memories of my time there." Of his move to Denver, he added: "Peyton Manning and I are going to become best friends...fact." This marked As general manager Billy Beanes fourth trade in just over a week. "We had a lot of starting pitching, and in the acquisition of Pomeranz, it allows us to turn back the clock a little with another very talented left-hander," Beane said at the winter meetings in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. "Bretts been with us for several years, and someone obviously with that kind of talent we think very highly of, but with the amount of guys we have, we knew we could use that to get younger guys with less service time, and that was attractive." Anderson, a second-round draft pick by Arizona in 2006, has been plagued by injuries in recent years. He returned in the summer of 2012 after missing 14 months following Tommy John elbow surgery. During his lengthy rehab, Anderson worked to improve his fitness and lost more than 20 pounds. He then missed four months this past season with a sprained right ankle and stress fracture in his right foot. "Great talent and certainly moments of brilliance," Beane said. "From the Rockies end, theyre probably getting him at a great time. Hes been through the Tommy John. Hes always been motivated. Hes a hard worker, and this is the time to get him, because the cost of acquisition a couple of years ago on Brett, well there really wasnt one. He was an untouchable." The power-armed Pomeranz was on the disabled list late in the season with left biceps tendinitis. He went 0-4 with a 6.23 ERA in with four starts and eight outings for 21 2-3 innings. He went 2-9 in 22 starts the previous year. Beane envisions keeping him as a starter at this stage, but eventually could work into a bullpen role. Jensen went 5-8 with a 4.55 ERA in 152 1-3 innings for Class A Modesto. He had 136 strikeouts to 39 walks in 28 starts. In less than 24 hours last week, Beane completed three trades while also working to deal Anderson. The As acquired new closer Jim Johnson from the Orioles to replace All-Star closer Grant Balfour. Then last Tuesday, they traded for San Diego right-handed reliever Luke Gregerson for Seth Smith and acquired outfielder Craig Gentry from Texas for top prospect Michael Choice. Brad Daugherty Jersey . - After three days of light, make that very light, workouts, Team Irvin and Team Carter are ready for tonights Pro Bowl. Channing Frye Jersey . -- Having already fallen behind because of the NFL lockout, Blaine Gabbert couldnt afford a lengthy holdout. http://www.cavaliersbasketballpro.info/george-hill-cavaliers-jersey/ . They actually finished with a better record in ‘07 than they did in ‘06 but only marginally, going from 61 victories to 66.Denny Morrisons silver medal performance in the mens 1,000 metre speed skating medal nearly didnt happen. After falling during the Canadian Olympic team trails, Morrison missed earning a place in the event. But on Tuesday, fellow Canadian Gilmore Junio gave up his spot in the race, saying that to have Morrison compete would be "in the best interest of the team." "When he rang me, I thought he was pulling my leg," said Morrison, of Junios decision. "Why would he do it unless he was injured? The coaches knew but decided he was the one to tell me. "We were at Canada Olympic House with our families and when it came from the horses mouth, it was a moment I will never forget." As Morrison stepped onto the podium following the race, Junios decision must have seemed clairvoyant. Morrison skated against 500m champion, Michel Mulder of the Netherlands, and finished in a time of one minute 08.43 seconds. The Canadian slotted into second place, with six of the top skaters remaining. One by one, each of the remaining athletes failed to earn a podium spot. "I called it, so it feels good to be a prophet," Junio told CBC Sports. "A lot of kudos goes too this guy [Morrison] because he made it happen. Kevin Love Jersey. " I feel like getting my medal and cutting it in half because he deserves it Morrison credits Junios help — not just in giving up the spot — but for his hard work as a training partner. "Hes been helping me with my openers for the last four years," said Morrison of Junio. "I opened 16.6 today. Its my fastest opener in six years time, and I never would have gotten this medal without having those openers, and guys like Gilmore and Jamie Gregg, and of course giving his spot up for me. "After what [Junio] did, it made it even more special. Giving up your spot is unprecedented. I feel like getting my medal and cutting it in half because he deserves it." Junio was watching from the stands as his friend and teammate took to the ice to race. Junio yelled even louder as subsequent athletes failed to beat Morrisons time. "I was literally shaking and couldnt stay focused," said Junio "I was definitely breathing hard, and I kind of lost my voice because I was cheering so hard. It was definitely worth it." Morrison will compete in the mens 1,500, Feb. 15, 2014. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.