ally broken, coach Randy Carlyl

in Willkommen 15.08.2018 10:50
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LONDON, Ont. Marco Verratti Jersey . -- At the age of 16, Brooke Henderson gets it. The amateur from Smiths Falls, Ont., is well aware of the high expectations that come from finishing in the top 10 at a major tournament and emerging as the best young Canadian womens golfer. "I see the pressure and I hear it," Henderson said. "I hear that Im the face of Canadian golf, but Im just trying to improve and trying to get better." Henderson doesnt seem to be buying into the hype that she has created for herself. With Lorie Kane about to turn 50, shes considered the future of the sport in Canada, even with Alena Sharp, Sue Kim, Jennifer Kirby and Rebecca Lee-Bentham already established on the LPGA Tour. She goes into this weeks Canadian Pacific Womens Open at London Hunt and Country Club with all that perspective to go with her experience. Henderson missed the cut the past two years in Edmonton and Vancouver and understands what its all about this time, playing about a seven-hour drive from where she grew up. "Definitely there is pressure," Henderson said. "But Im excited to be able to play for my family and friends and show them what I can do. Theyre out there cheering for me, and I know every shot theyre going to be happy either way." Henderson set her expectation at making the cut and then "hopefully climb up the leader board a little bit." Thats a realistic goal two weeks after she finished second to Kristen Gillman at the U.S. Womens Amateur. But this is a different animal for Henderson as the home-country girl whos blossoming into a star. On her way from the putting green to the driving range on Wednesday, several fans stopped her for autographs, photos and or just to chat. When she tees off just before 8:30 a.m. for Thursdays first round, Henderson will get to focus in on just golf. Her caddy, longtime family friend Bunk Lee, will do his part to keep Henderson focused. "I think Brooke is very good at relaxing herself," Lee said. "Shes been exposed to this enough, and she takes care of most of it. Im just there for reassurance and making sure Im doing my job as the caddy and trying to provide the best environment for her to perform in and it all takes care of itself." Kane recalled being overwhelmed at times during her first appearances at the Canadian Womens Open -- then called the du Maurier Classic -- worried that she couldnt live up to external expectations. The four-time champion on the LPGA Tour said she has no doubt Henderson is prepared for the atmosphere shes about to face and the future shes embarking on. "Brooke, shes hard-working, very dedicated to what she does," Kane said in a phone interview last week. "Brookes career can be what Brooke wants it to be. The skys the limit. Shes got a great head on her shoulders, shes a very level-headed kid." That came across Wednesday in her pre-tournament news conference during which she fielded a handful of questions about her place in history and the hefty weight on her young shoulders. In the short-term -- the next few days -- Henderson expects to feel more comfortable now that she has gotten to know more professional colleagues and what to expect. In the long term, Henderson doesnt consider herself standing alone as Canadas only hope in womens golf. "Definitely I think the game in Canada is growing, and there are some young pros coming up like Sue Kim, and Jennifer Kirby and Rebecca Lee-Bentham that are great players and have full status on the tour this year," she said. "Maybe they havent played as well as they would have liked, but I think the future is bright for them." It could be even brighter for Henderson if she continues down her developmental path. Golf Canadas Brent McLaughlin said just like with mens golfer Mike Weir, Canadian fans "need to rally around heroes" and considers Henderson one of those. "Were so proud of Brooke. ... Any time you see young talents just excel, youre proud of them," McLaughlin said on a conference call last week. "(Fans) need to have a reason to watch. ... It makes kids want to be like them. We need that in our sport. Weve very fortunate, very lucky and very proud." Henderson is one of 15 Canadians in the field this week, along with pros Kane, Sharp, Lee-Bentham, Kirby, Kim, Maude-Aimee LeBlanc, Sara-Maude Juneau, Samantha Richdale, Nicole Vandermade, Natalie Gleadall, Erica Rivard, Jessica Wallace and fellow amateurs Jennifer Ha and Elizabeth Tong. No Canadian woman has won this tournament since Jocelyne Bourassa captured the title at the inaugural edition in 1973. For 22 years from 1979 through 2000 it was a major, and it still carries that importance to Henderson. "It used to be a major back in the day, and to me it still is one," she said. "Its very close to home. Its our national championship." New Zealands Lydia Ko, at 17 a two-time defending champion at Canadas national championship, knows from experience that Henderson has had to repeatedly answer the question about when shes turning pro. Henderson said Wednesday its still her plan to attend the University of Florida with the hope of having an LPGA Tour career in the future. That means for now Henderson is one of the faces of amateur womens golf, something she has accepted. "Of course there is a little bit of pressure, but I enjoy it," Henderson said. "I love a challenge." Presnel Kimpembe Jersey . The New York Rangers centre had a goal and two assists in a 4-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators ending a 13-game goal-scoring drought. Dani Alves Jersey . Mika Zibanejad and Jason Spezza scored in the shootout to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 2-1 victory over Nashville on Saturday night. http://www.psgsoccershop.com/c-4-thiago-silva-paris-saint-germain-fc-jersey.aspx .Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents.COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Toronto Maple Leafs found out less than an hour before the start of their game Friday night in Columbus that forward Joffrey Lupul would be out indefinitely after breaking his right hand in a fall at practice the day before.They didnt seem to miss him.Daniel Winnik and Phil Kessel each had a goal and two assists, and Jonathan Bernier made 28 saves to lead the Leafs past the injury-riddled Blue Jackets 4-1.It was kind of a surprise to everyone that it was actually broken, coach Randy Carlyle said. But then the game goes on. Thats what you have to do. Tonight we found a way to get the job done. It wasnt pretty, but it was effective.Nazem Kadri added a goal and an assist and David Clarkson also scored for the Maple Leafs, who are 3-0-1 on the road and 2-4-0 at home.Its fun to see back-to-back games with a great effort, Bernier said, referring also to his 4-0 shutout victory over Buffalo on Tuesday. Maybe the only thing we were missing a little bit is just the compete level — taking it a notch up. We had that in the last two.Kessel punched in a shot that went to video review before it was confirmed. Clarkson redirected a pass from Dion Phaneuf on the power play, and Kadri finished a 2-on-1 feed from Kessel in the third. Winnik scored his 50th NHL goal late in his 500th career game.If you wanted to write up how a 500th game is supposed to go, tonight is (it), Winnik said.After a 10-minute review, Kessel was awarded his goal in the first.He was at the left doorstep after shots by Winnik and Kadri were deflected by goalie Curtis McElhenny. Kessels shot off a rebound was deflected off the right skate of Columbus defenceman Fedor Tyutin, who had come in behind McElhenny. The review showed the puck briefly crossed the goal line before ricocheting out off Tyutins blade.A large contingent of Toronto fans in the crowd of 14,479 chanted Lets go, Leafs! several times during the game.Shortly after Columbus Jack Johnsoon — also playing his 500th game — went off for interference, Phaneufs drive from the point was redirected by Clarkson for his third of the season. Layvin Kurzawa Jersey. Clarkson had his stick straight out at waist height and deflected the puck down and past a helpless McElhenny.Kessel then carried the puck down the right wing early in the third, making a late feed behind the defenceman for a jam shot by Kadri.Its nice to get some puck luck and a couple of bounces here and there, Kadri said. Thats what happens when you play the right way and you stay with it.Cam Atkinson scored and Ryan Johansen had an assist to set a Columbus record with his 10-game point streak to start the season. It was the fourth loss in a row for the Blue Jackets.Bernier lost his shutout midway through the third period when he stopped Johansens drive from the right circle but lost track of the puck, which was underneath him. Atkinson chopped it into the net for his fifth goal.The Blue Jackets have been hurt by a scourge of injuries. They were without eight players, including forwards Nathan Horton (back), Boone Jenner (broken hand), Brandon Dubinsky (abdominal surgery), Matt Calvert (upper body), Artem Anisimov (concussion), Mark Letestu (groin), goalie Sergei Bobrovsky (broken finger) and top offensive defenceman James Wisniewski (broken finger).For guys being called up and the second, third and fourth lines being jumped around a little bit, its tough for them, Johansen said. Its not easy adjusting to different players all the time. But weve got to find a way to make it work.NOTES: Blue Jackets LW Nick Foligno, just back from missing one game after injuring his neck in a collision with an official, celebrated his 27th birthday. ... The Maple Leafs James van Riemsdyk stayed down on the ice after Jared Boll rolled over his legs late in the second, then returned for the third.___Follow Rusty Miller on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RustyMillerAP Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.