u dig in." Nearly four years to

in Willkommen 15.08.2018 10:50
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LAPEENRANTA, Finland - Canadian head coach Kevin Dineen knew it would be a stiff challenge to get his team back on track after a crushing semifinal loss at the world under-18 hockey championship. Womens Eagles Jerseys . His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said. "We accepted it and moved on. I think we take satisfaction that we worked hard and that things worked out today." A day earlier, Canada erased a three-goal deficit before dropping a 4-3 overtime decision to the Czech Republic. The loss prevented the 2013 champions from returning to the gold-medal game. Determined to come home with a medal, the Canadians started off slowly Sunday before finding their form in the third-place game. Brendan Perlini, Lawson Crouse and Travis Konecny scored and goalie Mason McDonald made 38 saves. "We were not going to miss an opportunity to represent our country well," Dineen said. "The unity that this group has shown to come together in this short little timeframe, I think there was a lot of encouragement within our group and a lot of very quick chemistry that made yesterday very disappointing. "But even so, I think we got great satisfaction from todays win." Swedens Henrik Tornqvist opened the scoring with a short-handed goal midway through the first period. Perlini answered with a power-play goal at the 17:02 mark. Crouse put Canada ahead at 11:57 of the second period and Konecny provided an insurance goal with less than five minutes to play in the third. "Weve spent five weeks together and weve done a lot of work," Dineen said. "Things didnt end the way we wanted to but on the flip side of that, that time could come down to the game today. They played extremely hard. "Theres one thing that we certainly wont fault them (for) — we had great effort throughout this whole tournament." Linus Soderstrom made 23 saves as Sweden settled for a fourth-place finish. "There was no guarantee how it was going to end," Dineen said. "But in saying that, I think we all walk out of here — and I hope the boys do as well — (feeling) that theyre a little wiser about the game and a little better for the experience." The United States won gold later in the day with a 5-2 victory over the Czechs. Cheap Eagles Jerseys Authentic . "I just think what it does for everybody in life is real simple," said Babcock early on Friday afternoon. "You dont give in. You just keep on keeping on. Is it going to go your way every time? No. But you choose your attitude and how you perform and how hard you dig in." Nearly four years to the day of the 2010 gold medal match in Vancouver, his team dug in with its best effort of these Olympics, snuffing out the high-powered Americans for another opportunity at gold. Cheap Eagles Jerseys Online . -- The Denver Broncos retired John Elways No. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyselite.com/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon: Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with .Detroit, MI (SportsNetwork.com) - Mike Santorelli scored in the final round of the shootout to lead the Toronto Maple Leafs in a 2-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday. With the final attempt, Santorelli skated in on net and buried a wrister between the pads of Jimmy Howard for the victory. Phil Kessel had the goal in regulation for the Maple Leafs, who have won three straight. James Reimer stopped 41 shots in the win. We werent at our best tonight, but we stood up to the challenge, said Santorelli. Gustav Nyquist had the only goal of the game for the Red Wings, who had a three-game winning streak stopped. Howard finished the game with 18 stops. I thought we played good, said Detroit head coach Mike Babcock said. We got a poiint. Cheap Matt Pryor Jersey. They stole two points but Ill take it every night. If you play like that youre going to win. Nyquist scored with 2:08 to play in the second period, as Tomas Jurco got the puck out front and Nyquist was able to spin around and put in a backhand for his 13th of the season. It was Kessel, though, tying the game at 5:09 of the third as James van Riemsdyk held off a checker along the left wing on a rush and sent the puck to the right of the net where Kessel tapped it in for his 15th of the season. Game Notes Toronto hosts Detroit on Saturday ... Detroit hosts Florida on Friday ... The last time these two met was on Nov. 22, with the Leafs picking up a 4-1 victory at home. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.