iranda made it a hard-fought physical bout. It confused the ringside judges, producing scores of 99-90, 97-92 and 95-94. Another

in Bewerbung 06.08.2018 08:00
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

HOUSTON - After his performance on Sunday, the Philadelphia Eagles are confident theyll be fine with Mark Sanchez at quarterback if Nick Foles misses more time with an injury. Joe Mullen Jersey .Sanchez replaced Foles, overcame turnovers and did enough to keep the Eagles in first place with a 31-21 win over the Houston Texans. Foles hurt his left shoulder late in the first quarter, and Sanchez came on to threw for 202 yards and two touchdowns.Hes good, running back LeSean McCoy said. Even when he came here its hard to look at him as a backup because of (the) success hes had and experience. I think today wasnt really something surprising to the team.I think well do some damage if Nick cant go, McCoy continued. Hell step in there and do a great job.Sanchez, who also threw two interceptions, missed all of last season after tearing the labrum in his right shoulder in the preseason. He last played on Dec. 30, 2012, with the New York Jets.The Eagles (6-2) led by 3 when Jeremy Maclin grabbed a low throw from Sanchez for an 8-yard touchdown to make it 31-21, sealing the win with about four minutes remaining.Sanchez didnt waste any time in his Philadelphia debut, finding Maclin deep on his first play for a 52-yard gain. Five plays later, he threw a perfect pass to Jordan Matthews for an 11-yard touchdown to make it 14-7 in the second quarter.He admitted to being a bit nervous before the throw to Maclin. Those butterflies dissolved after that strike.You want to get the first throw out of the way. And thanks to Chip we throw it right down the field, Sanchez said. So that will get your nerves gone.Coach Chip Kelly didnt provide many details of the injury to Foles, saying only: Hes in a sling right now, and thats all I got.Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 203 yards with two touchdowns and an interception for Houston (4-5). The Texans had trouble getting their offence going.It was a tough day, and obviously that falls on the quarterback in terms of not being able to get things started and accomplished, Fitzpatrick said.Maclin finished with two touchdowns and 158 yards receiving and McCoy had 117 yards rushing.The Eagles were up by 10 and driving late in the third quarter when Jumal Rolle grabbed his second interception of the game.DeMeco Ryans intercepted Fitzpatrick at the Philadelphia 10, but was injured on the play and fumbled the ball as he fell to the ground. DeAndre Hopkins recovered for Houston and scored on a 7-yard reception two plays later to cut the lead to 24-21.Ryans tore his right Achilles tendon, a person familiar with the injury said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Eagles didnt release details of the injury.Top overall pick Jadeveon Clowney (illness) and linebacker Brian Cushing (knee) were inactive for the Texans and they lost starting cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph (concussion) and Kareem Jackson (knee) to injuries in the first quarter.Houstons defence got to the quarterback early, with four sacks in the first half. The Eagles had allowed just two in the previous six games.Whitney Mercilus sacked Foles twice in three plays, driving him hard into the turf on the second one to send the quarterback to the locker room.Houston tied it at 14-14 when Arian Foster grabbed a 56-yard TD pass about four minutes before halftime. That score was set up when receiver Josh Huff tipped a pass by Sanchez that was intercepted by Rolle.Foster left late in the game and coach Bill OBrien said he injured his groin and that he hoped hed be OK after an extra week of rest with the bye next week.A 45-yard field goal by Cody Parkey gave the Eagles a 17-14 lead at halftime.Houston missed a 39-yard field goal in the third quarter. The Eagles used four straight running plays capped by an 8-yard run by Chris Polk after that to extend their lead to 24-14 with about three minutes left in the third.NOTES: Eagles S Safety Nate Allen had started 23 straight games before sitting out with a hamstring injury. ... J.J. Watt finished with 1 1/2 sacks and has 6 1/2 in his last four games. ... Maclin has three touchdowns for 50 yards or longer this season.___AP Pro Football Writer Rob Maaddi in Philadelphia contributed to this report.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Beau Bennett Jersey . Josh Mazzola drove in five runs to lead the Goldeyes (20-12) past the Capitales 11-5 Friday night at Le Stade Municipal in Quebec City. Wayne Gretzky Jersey .Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 13:47 of the third period and Nashville beat the slumping Dallas Stars 3-2 on Thursday in a game that wasnt decided until the last shot of the night. http://www.nhlbluesauthority.com/authentic-carl-gunnarsson-blues-jersey/ . An unconventional night for Texas-El Paso nearly led to the Miners getting a huge upset. Down by 14 with 2:21 left, the Miners went on a frantic closing spurt that fell just short, and UTEP was beaten by No.MONTREAL -- Adonis Stevenson hopes hes shown his detractors that he is more than just a big puncher. The Blainville, Que., fighter certainly displayed some of the boxing skills he has picked up in two years of training at Detroits famous Kronk Gym as he stopped Tavoris Cloud in seven rounds to retain his WBC light heavyweight title on Saturday night at the Bell Centre. But the power punches the left-hander landed on the former IBF champion also played a part in stopping Cloud before the limit for the first time in his career. Cloud (24-2), the former IBF champion, had been cut on the left eye in the opening round and did not answer the bell for the eighth after sustaining a cut over his right eye. "Im proud, because I worked hard and I showed I can box," said Stevenson (22-1), Canadas only boxer with a world title. "I did everything according to my game plan. "My corner said to go to the body. I knew the longer it went on it would be in my favour because I was wearing him down." Stevensons career was at an impasse two years ago when he decided to ask legendary trainer Emanuel Steward to take him in. Steward died last year of an intestinal ailment, but his nephew Jovan (Sugar) Hill has kept Stevenson on the same program. "We worked a lot on footwork, watching Ray Robinson who had beautiful footwork," said Hill. "Thats something Adonis showed tonight." Cloud was detained in dope testing after the match and opted not to speak to the media. His promoter Don King tipped his hat to Stevenson., "Superman was here and we didnt have any Kryptonite," said King referring to Stevensons ring nickname. "Tavoris did a great job of being able to take it, but not of being able to give it. "(Stevenson) used a bit of Ali and a bit of Tyson. I was truly entertained." The three ringside judges all had Stevenson winning all seven rounds before the stoppage. Cloud, a righty, hardly threw his right hand at all, which may have come from being cautious about leaving himself open against a power-punching lefty. That drew taunting from Stevenson, who twice stood before his opponent with his arms stretched out, daring him to throw a punch. Stevenson won the title with a spectacular first-round knockout of Chad Dawson in June. The HBO specialty channel arranged the bout with Cloud, hoping to see how he would do against a skilled opponent known for being able to take a punch. But Stevenson landed a stiff left in the first round, opening a cut on Clouds eyelid. He turned up the pressure starting into the fourth round and it appeared to be only a matter of time before the Tallahassee, Fla. native went down. His corner signalled to referee Michael Griffin that the bout was over after the seventh. Watching from ringside was Tony Bellew, the mandatory challenger for the WBC belt. The Englishman said he has a signed deal to fight Stevenson Nov. 30 in Quebec City, although promoter Yvon Michel said this week no firm date has been set. Bellew feels he can succeed where Clouud failed. Kyle Brodziak Jersey. "Im not five-foot-10 like Cloud and Im not scared or intimidated by Adonis Stevenson," said six-foot-three Bellew. "Ill come with a game plan and execute it. "Ill come as an underdog and leave with his belt. Ill fight on my strengths, not his. My 31st birthday is Nov. 30 and I plan to become world champion on that date too." It was Clouds second loss in a row after ceding his title to veteran Bernard Hopkins in March. In the co-feature, former light heavyweight champion Jean Pascal stopped George (Honey Boy) Blades with three knockdowns in the fifth round. Pascal (28-2-1), who had not fought since December, was in a tune-up bout for his scheduled showdown in January with fellow Montreal fighter Lucian Bute, who also watched from ringside. Blades (23-5-2) never threatened Pascal. The 38-year-old has a bizarre record built up against C-level opponents. He has faced fighters with winning records only six times, and is 1-5 against them. Pascal was going for the knockout from the opening bell. He finally caught Blades with an upper cut and dropped him with a combination in the fifth. Twice Blades got up, only to be pummelled to the canvas again before referee Marlon B. Wright stopped the bout. "I was a little tight at the beginning," said Pascal. "I tried to beat him with power and it wasnt working. "We said use speed instead of power and it was speed and put him down." The Bell Centre crowd of 9,122 was evenly split in chanting the names of Pascal and Bute as the fighters entered the ring. Bute stood and applauded Pascal in a show of sportsmanship. He saw Pascal score his first KO since 2009. "This does me an enormous amount of good," said Pascal. "Im a guy with power but it had been a long time since I knocked anyone out. "Now Ill go into camp with more confidence." A matchup of Colombian light heavyweights saw Eleider Alvarez (13-0) of Montreal dominate veteran Edison Miranda for a 10-round unanimous decision in probably his toughest pro fight to date. Alvarez landed consistently with the right from the fourth round on, and scored a knockdown in the eighth with a right hook, but Miranda made it a hard-fought physical bout. It confused the ringside judges, producing scores of 99-90, 97-92 and 95-94. Another light heavyweight bout saw Artur Beterbiev, a Russian fighting out of Montreal, improve to 2-0 with a second round stoppage of veteran Rayco Saunders (23-23-2). Montreal welterweight Antonin Decarie (28-2) was back in the ring for the first time since his loss in Argentina in April to Luis Carlos Abregu and found himself in tough against Frenchman Salim Larbi (17-4-2). Decarie was cut over the left eye in the fourth round but did enough to earn a six-round unanimous decision. Welterweight Kevin Bizier (21-0) of St. Emile, Que., had little trouble scoring a six-round unanimous decision over 37-year-old former European champion Giuseppe Lauri of Italy, who went down to a sixth straight defeat. Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Authentic Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.