NEW YORK -- The revolving door of suspensions will spin again Thursday in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference final. [url=http://ww

in Bewerbung 27.07.2018 05:21
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- The revolving door of suspensions will spin again Thursday in Game 6 of the Eastern Conference final. Joe Namath Jersey . Rangers defenceman John Moore will start a two-game suspension for an illegal check to the head of Montreal forward Dale Weise in Game 5 Tuesday. Canadiens agitator Brandon Prust returns from his two-game ban for breaking Derek Stepans jaw in Game 3. Daniel Carcillo, meanwhile, will meet commissioner Gary Bettman on Friday to appeal his 10-game suspension for jostling a linesman in the aftermath of the Prust hit. The Moore ban was the latest shoe to drop in a drama-filled Eastern final, which the Rangers lead three games to two despite losing 7-4 Tuesday. The New York defenceman was given a major penalty and ejected from the game at Montreals Bell Centre when, at 10:41 of the third period, he nailed Weise with a blindside open-ice hit that was almost identical to Prusts unpenalized hit on Stepan. Weises helmet was knocked off and he was wobbly when he got up, with teammate P.K. Subban grabbing him in a bear hug for support. He left for treatment but returned to the bench late in the period. There was no immediate word on Weises condition. Asked Wednesday how his player was, Montreal coach Michel Therrien told reporters after an optional practice: "I didnt see him this morning." But in its video explaining its ruling, the NHL department of player safety said Weise had "suffered an injury a result of the hit." It did not elaborate. The video notes that, unlike the Stepan check, the Moore hit was not late. But it also says Moore drove upwards when he hit Weise, making the forwards head the primary point of contact. The league said that Weise made no sudden movements prior to the hit, so the onus was on Moore to avoid contact with Weises head. Prior to the NHLs ruling, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault had argued that any extra discipline against Moore for the hit was unnecessary. "It doesnt meet the league standard as far as a late hit," Vigneault told reporters at a Wednesday morning availability in Montreal. "It was a hit that Johnny caught him a little high in the chest, (the) player didnt see it coming. "It probably warrants the penalty that was given on the ice. Other than that, I dont see what else it could warrant, but Ive been surprised before." Moore plays on New Yorks third defensive pairing with Kevin Klein while Stepan centres Rick Nash and Chris Kreider in one of the Rangers top lines. Prust plays on the Habs fourth line while Weise was elevated to the third line during the playoffs. Vigneault said the Moore and Prust cases were different. "Well, the player didnt see him coming, obviously, but the guy (Weise) was admiring his pass a little bit at the same time," he said. "Unfortunately, it was a hit and because of the force of the hit, the head seemed to snap back a little bit. But as far as what I know about league standards and from what I heard from the Prust hit where the dynamics of the hit changed because Stepan was hurt, I dont see that at this time right now." Stepan underwent surgery to repair his jaw but the Rangers centre returned to action Tuesday and scored two goals while wearing a chin guard. Montreal forward Daniel Briere, at a late-afternoon availability at the teams Manhattan hotel, did see the plays as similar. "I think its fair," he said of the Moore ban. "Brandon paid the price for it and obviously if you talk to us were probably thinking (it should be) more. You talk to the Rangers, they were thinking less, obviously. Thats just the way it is. I guess its kind of a middle ground. "I think the biggest thing is seeing that Dale is OK. Thats what matters the most for us." Added Canadiens captain Brian Gionta: "Its kind of what I would have thought would have happened. Theyre very similar plays and I guess the precedent was set on Prusts hit. So its the NHLs decision. It looks very similar." Trenton Cannon Jersey . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Chris Herndon Jersey .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday. http://www.authenticjetsfanatic.com/c-100-jets-terrelle-pryor-sr-jersey.aspx . 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U.CHICAGO - Henderson Alvarez did a little bit of everything Monday. Alvarez hit his first career home run, pitched six innings and hurt his right hamstring while running the bases in the Miami Marlins 4-3 win over the Chicago Cubs. Alvarez smacked a three-run shot off Travis Wood in the second inning and also had a single and a sacrifice bunt. Alvarez (3-3) allowed three runs and seven hits in six innings before he left with a tight right hamstring in his first career appearance against the Cubs. "He swings the bat well," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "I dont know that you could ever predict that with a pitcher, but he goes up there and hes very athletic. He gives us a good at-bat." Steve Cishek earned his 29th save in 31 chances for the Marlins, who have won two straight after losing six in a row. Alvarez also homered during a rehab assignment with Double-A Jacksonville earlier this season. "As soon as I hit it, I knew it was gone," he said through an interpreter. "I was up there looking for a good pitch to hit and got it and put it in play." Alvarez bounced back after allowing three runs after four consecutive singles and a sacrifice fly in the first inning. "I started the first inning leaving pitches up a little bit, but then I made an adjustment in the second inning," Alvarez said. Alvarez said his hamstring tightened up after he hit a single in the seventh inning, but he said he should be ready for his next start. "Its probably bad managing having him lay down a bunt. I should have let him swing," Redmond joked about Alvarezs bunt in the fourth inning. "I just wanted to get that guy to second. Maybe I should have let him swing. He might have hit a two-run homer." Wood (8-11) allowed four runs and nine hits in seven innings. The All-Star fell to 1-3 with a 9.00 ERA in four career starts against the Marlins. "It was kind of a funny outing," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "He coulddnt get the left-handed hitter in their lineup out and couldnt get the pitcher out. Teddy Bridgewater Jets Jersey. Other than that, he dominated the rest of the lineup." The Cubs were trying to win three straight at Wrigley Field for the first time since July 6-9. They fell to 27-43 at home. The teams scored all their runs in the first two innings. Alvarez homered to put the Marlins ahead 4-3 in the second after Ed Lucas doubled and Jeff Mathis singled. The three-run homer gave Alvarez six career RBIs and was the first homer by a Marlins pitcher this season. Christian Yelich hit his third home run for a 1-0 Marlins lead in the first inning. The Cubs went ahead 2-1 in the bottom half. Anthony Rizzo and Dioner Navarro had RBI singles, and the Cubs stretched the lead to 3-1 on a Nate Schierholtz sacrifice fly. The Marlins are 2-5 on their current road trip. NOTES: Manager Dale Sveum said the Cubs will likely call up four or five players — a catcher and pitchers — in the coming days with the expanded roster. ... The Marlins will add four players to their roster after the minor league season ends today, manager Mike Redmond said. ... Redmond reminisced about his time as a Marlins catcher winning Games 6 and 7 of the NL championship series against the Cubs 10 years ago at Wrigley. "Those are games well talk about for the rest of our lives," he said. ... RHP Scott Baker (Tommy John surgery) made his final rehab appearance Monday, allowing two runs in 5 2-3 innings at Class A Kane County. Sveum said if Baker is activated from the 60-day disabled list, he will be used as a long reliever. ... Cubs LHP James Russell, who has appeared in 70 or more games each of the last two seasons, will not be restricted during the final month, Sveum said. Russell, the Cubs lone left-handed reliever, will likely pitch only in games the Cubs are winning. ... Giancarlo Stanton was in the Marlins lineup on Monday after leaving Sundays game against the Braves with a tweaked ankle. Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Camo China NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.