MINNEAPOLIS -- A few key made things a lot easier for Kevin Correia and the Minnesota Twins. [url=http://www.belgiumsoccerauthor

in Off-Topic 12.06.2018 10:26
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- A few key made things a lot easier for Kevin Correia and the Minnesota Twins. Jordan Lukaku Jersey . Joe Mauer and Brian Dozier both homered, Correia earned his first win of the season and the Twins ended their four-game losing streak by beating the Baltimore Orioles 6-1 Saturday. Mauer entered the game batting .136 with runners in scoring position, but had three hits and four RBIs. His three-run shot in the seventh off reliever Brad Brach to break open the game. Mauers RBI single with Dozier on second in the fifth inning broke a 1-for-30 team slump with men in scoring position. "You can go back and make us look as bad as you want to and then I can throw more numbers at you and make us look better," manager Ron Gardenhire said. "But yes, lately we have been struggling, but were facing pretty good pitching. We went through a little bit of a dry spell, but Ill take my chances." A day after failing to score a run in starter Ricky Nolascos nine-inning performance, Minnesotas batters took a more-aggressive approach against Orioles starter Wei-Yin Chen (3-2). Chen threw a season-high 108 pitches in five innings, watching Twins hitters foul off several pitches to keep him on the mound for some long at-bats. "Were still being aggressive, we lost that in the past couple of days," Dozier said. "We let a lot of fastballs go by, especially with men in scoring position and were not that type of team and thats not what were taught." Doziers eighth homer, a solo shot off Chen in the third, gave the Twins the lead for good. "I was able to get ahead in the count a lot of times," Chen said through a translator. "I tried to make a good pitch to get hitters out and I couldnt do it like in my previous outing. So I was kind of having trouble." Correia (1-3), meanwhile, worked efficiently through Baltimores lineup, allowing five hits in seven innings. He won for the first time since last Sept. 1, a span of nine starts. Correia walked none, struck out three and retired 13 of his final 14 batters. Casey Fien and Jared Burton combined for two innings of scoreless relief. "Like Ive always said, thats what Im here to do," Correia said. "I felt like Ive thrown some games where Ive had a good chance to win a game and to go a month without getting one is hard, it just puts more pressure on you every time you go out there so its nice to get that first one." Adam Jones scored Baltimores only run in the second after reaching base despite striking out. He fanned, but the wild pitch got past catcher Kurt Suzuki, allowing Jones to make it to first. J.J. Hardys single tied it at 1. But Minnesota regained the lead when Dozier led off the third by hitting a full-count pitch from Chen into the left-field seats. "Especially with the performance last night by Nolasco and Correia today, you want to get runs in for your guy and you know I was happy was able to do that today," Mauer said. "Yeah, its been a little frustrating trying to get runners in, but today we got enough for our guy, which was good." NOTES: Mauer has two homers and 11 RBIs this season -- all at home. ... Orioles manager Buck Showalter plans to get a look at LHP Johan Santana next week in extended spring training before the team begins a series with Tampa Bay. Santana was supposed to make his spring training debut in Sarasota, Florida, on Saturday, but the game was rained out. The two-time Cy Young winner recovering from shoulder surgery is expected to throw Monday instead. "Its still a little early, but hes had no setbacks and his velocitys inching up," Showalter said. ... Twins slugger Josh Willingham is still experiencing soreness in his recovery from a broken left wrist, and is backing off from taking infield swings, Gardenhire said. Gardenhire also said OF Aaron Hicks is still feeling the effects from a concussion suffered Thursday night. "I dont know how long its going to be," Gardenhire said. ... The two teams finish their three-game series Sunday when RHP Miguel Gonzalez (1-2) makes his sixth start of the season for Baltimore. Minnesotas Phil Hughes (2-1) will try for his third straight win. Dedryck Boyata Jersey . They signed their first kicker. Ottawa inked Nick Setta, a 32-year-old native of Lockport, Illinois, to a contract. Toby Alderweireld Jersey . He looked very comfortable Wednesday night. Konerko had a big three-run double and Gordon Beckham homered for the second straight game, leading the Chicago White Sox to an 8-3 victory over the sliding Chicago Cubs. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/Customized/ . The Grizzlies erased most of a 25-point deficit before Durant, the leagues scoring champion, got hot.When Chad (Ochocinco) Johnson was asked on Twitter earlier this month who his next team would be, he sparked speculation he could be coming to the CFL with his answer, the BC Lions. But if the exciting former NFL receiver does find himself north of the border, it will be with the Montreal Alouettes. The Alouettes added Johnson – who was for a time known as Ochocinco – to their negotiation list Thursday. Johnson did nothing to quell the speculation once the news was announced. Thomas Vermaelen Jersey. . Nothing to negotiate, Ill be fast as hell and in shape. RT @CFLonTSN: (@ochocinco) has been added to @MTLAlouettes negotiation list — Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) March 20, 2014 In 11 seasons in the NFL, 10 with the Cincinnati Bengals, Johnson finished with 766 receptions for 11,059 yards and 67 touchdowns. Cheap Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.