INDIANAPOLIS -- The Kansas City Chiefs lost running back Jamaal Charles and wide receiver Donnie Avery during Saturdays wild-ca

in Neues 20.01.2020 09:27
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Kansas City Chiefs lost running back Jamaal Charles and wide receiver Donnie Avery during Saturdays wild-card game at Indianapolis. Cheapest Yeezy 350 Store . Charles and Avery were ruled out for the rest of the game, while cornerback Brandon Flowers was considered questionable as he underwent evaluation for a concussion. Charles was hurt on his third carry of the game and stayed down on the ground for several minutes before walking off the field under his own power. Team trainers tended to him on the sideline, doing what appeared to be concussion tests, before walking with Charles into the locker room. Team officials later ruled out a return by their top offensive player. The sixth-year running back led the AFC in rushing with 1,287 yards, and led the Chiefs (11-5) with 70 receptions for 693 yards and seven TDs. His 19 total touchdowns were tops in the NFL. Things got worse in the second half. Avery, who caught a 79-yard TD pass in the first half, was diagnosed with a concussion early in the second half and was ruled out of the game, too. He finished the day with three receptions against his former team. Then, as the Colts rallied in the third quarter, Flowers was injured on a 3-yard screen pass as he tried to prevent Donald Brown from scoring a touchdown. Flowers stayed down on the ground as teammates huddled around him and coach Andy Reid walked to the goal line. Wholesale Cheap Air Max . There are some early surprises in the race for the Hart Trophy, but two of the contenders are the leagues biggest stars over the past decade. There are many more players in contention for the awards than just the three that Ive named, and a good or bad week can easily alter the landscape, but through the first 20 or so games of the NHL season, this is how the awards races look to me. Cheapest Stan Smith . Four years after winning gold on home ice in Vancouver, the Canadians will get a chance to make it two in a row Sunday against Sweden after beating the United States 1-0 in the Olympic semifinals Friday at Bolshoy Ice Dome. http://www.cheapestairmaxstore.com/ . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period.TORONTO -- Paul Ranger felt the pain in his neck immediately. Down on the ice for several minutes, his mind raced and then found some peace. "Its scary," he said. "But I just remember feeling like, You know what, I am going to be OK. I dont know whats going on, but I can move my legs, I can feel my hands, I can feel my feet and Im going to be OK no matter what." The Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman was back with the team less than two days after suffering a neck injury when he was boarded by Tampa Bay Lightning forward Alex Killorn. Just being at the practice rink Friday for a team photo was another positive sign for Ranger, who was treated and released at a hospital Wednesday night. "Im thankful," Ranger said. "Im OK." Coach Randy Carlyle reported some good news as well: that the 29-year-old had a stiff neck but not a concussion as a result of his head slamming into the glass. "Thats not the world that (doctors) ever described to me," Carlyle said after practice. "They never said that. I know its a big word in todays sports, so I refrain from using it. Right now I was told there was no concussion issues." Ranger confirmed that it was a neck injury, not a head injury. He does not know when he might be able to return to game action, calling his situation a "day-to-day thing right now." When he went down late in the first period of the Leafs 5-3 loss to the Lightning, it looked like it could be much worse. After remaining on the ice for seven minutes, Ranger was taken off on a stretcher and then to the hospital. Ranger was anxious and in a bit of shock at first, but amid that doctors told him he was relaxed and co-operativee. Air Max Wholesale China. "I dont want to get into the details, I dont really want to re-live it," he said. "I know that my body and my mind just went into preservation mode. All I could think was just Dont move, stay straight and breathe, and I just kind of breathed three in, three out for the next three to four hours right from the get-go." Ranger praised Leafs doctor Noah Forman, athletic therapists Paul Ayotte and Marty Dudgeon and Lightning trainer Tom Mulligan for the care they administered. "They did a great job all-around," he said. "Even through that stressful time, I felt comforted and loved, really, and cared for." Ranger, who spent parts of five seasons with the Lightning, said Killorn reached out to him but declined to reveal the nature of that dialogue. He does not believe Killorn attempted to injure him. "From what I gather about him is that hes a good kid, and I knew that right from the start that it wasnt intentional," Ranger said. "My friends that I know close in Tampa say that he is a pretty good person, never really means to hurt anybody." Still, Ranger considered it a dangerous play. He avoided watching more than one replay because "that was enough," and didnt want to weigh in on any supplemental discipline for Killorn. "Its not up for me to decide if someone gets suspended or not," he said. "Thats not my call." But Ranger doesnt want to see similar situations happen moving forward. "I think it maybe needs some looking at," Ranger said. "I think theres some reviewing that should be done for the safety of myself and, to be honest, everyone else -- future players." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.