BRASILIA, Brazil - Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski knocked Antonio Silva out on Saturday in the first round of

in Neues 17.01.2020 10:14
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

BRASILIA, Brazil - Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski knocked Antonio Silva out on Saturday in the first round of the main event of UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. China Jerseys Wholesale . Arlovski 2. Arlovski (23-10) received heavy criticism for a lacklustre win over Brendan Schaub in June. On Saturday night, he silenced his doubters, at least for now. Silva (18-6) looked a little tentative to start, as he took the centre of the octagon but was reluctant to move forward, instead preferring to keep his hands high and seek a counter. Arlovski approached with caution to open, but once he realized Silva was holding back, he opened up with darting right hands to the head and body. It would be the punch that would ultimately prove the decider. Late in the first, Arlovski fired the big overhand, and it landed flush, sending the massive Silva to the floor. Arlovski immediately seized the opportunity, pouncing with big hammerfists that put Silva out at the 2:59 mark of the opening round. Silva — who goes by the nickname Bigfoot — defeated Arlovski in 2010 when both fought for the Strikeforce promotion. "I am very excited and happy now," Arlovski said after the win. "And I really want the extra $50,000 on my paycheck." Arlovski is now 2-0 in the UFC since rejoining the promotion after six years fighting outside of the octagon, and he did pick up a $50,000 bonus for one the cards two "Performance of the Night" awards, as well. In the nights co-main event, massive Brazilian lightweight Gleison Tibau earned a hard-fought split-decision win over Polish prospect Piotr Hallmann. Tibau looked destined to finish the fight in the early going, rocking Hallmann with a high kick and several powerful punches. But the gritty Hallmann refused to be put away, battling back throughout the 15-minute affair with punches and kicks of his own. Tibau seemed to control the action throughout all three rounds, taking the fight to the floor when he wanted and remaining upright when Hallmann tried to do the same. Tibaus blows always seemed to land with more consequence, as well, though a few Hallmann knees did draw blood late in the third. The bout was back-and-forth, but Tibau stayed just a step ahead, and while it looked like he had done enough to comfortable score a decision win, he had to sweat through a split result before picking up the win. "It wasnt the result I wanted," Tibau admitted after the fight. "I won the fight, but I wanted the knockout. But Im happy because I think Hallmann made my win better because he was really tough." Tibaus 23 UFC appearances are now tied for fourth-most all-time. In a lightweight matchup, "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2" winner Leonardo Santos (13-3) picked up a hard-fought decision win over "The Ultimate Fighter 8" winner Efrain Escudero (22-9). Santos, a jiu-jitsu world champion, controlled the opening round, taking Escudero to the floor and looking for submission opportunities. The tables turned in the second, with Santos seeming to fade as Escudero defending his takedown attempts and landing uppercuts and overhands on the feet. With the fight on the line in the third round, Escudero looked crisp to start, but it was Santos ultimately imposed his will. Santos scored a well-timed takedown and then dominated the positioning for most of the final frame. While Escudero defended his submission well, he was unable to get back to his feet, and Santos was granted the unanimous decision win. "He won the second round, and I know it, but I dominated the first and third rounds," Santos said after the win. "He is a very tough and experienced guy, so I had to look for flaws in his game. But I found it and won the fight." Dennis McKinnon Jersey Store .com) - Richard Shermans two interceptions highlighted a dominant defensive effort, as the Seattle Seahawks routed the San Francisco 49ers in a highly anticipated NFC West Thanksgiving clash. China Jerseys For Sale . Rasmussen didnt have a decision during his four appearances in May, when he gave up two hits and no runs in two innings. Toronto used five relievers while pulling off the second-biggest comeback in franchise history on Friday night, rallying from an 8-0 deficit to a 14-9 win. https://www.chinacheapjerseys.net/john-shonk-jersey-store/ .ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon: Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with .Mike McCoy did some pretty incredible things last year, squeezing water from a stone. The first time head coach with a reputation for working well with quarterbacks helped resurrect not only Philip Rivers fledging career but also Ryan Mathews. Heading into last season even the staunchest Rivers fan would have admitted his support for the now 11-year veteran was waning. But with McCoy as head coach, Rivers looked like his old self. The 32-year-old had perhaps the best statistical season of his career, throwing for 4,478 yards and 32 touchdowns to just 11 interceptions. McCoys work with Mathews, who had less of a career to resurrect than Rivers, was even more impressive. Youd be forgiven if you gave up on Mathews heading into last year, but the 26-year-old rewarded patient fantasy football players with 1,255 rushing yards and seven combined touchdowns. And this wasnt necessarily a surprise for everyone; McCoy said before last season he was confident Mathews would work out for him as workhorse back. When asked by NFL.com his expectations of Mathews, McCoy answered. "To have a great year and be thhe guy. Dave Pacella Jersey Store. " It took four years, but Mathews proved he can be a teams “the guy.” Rivers and Mathews were two pieces of an impressive offensive unit that featured solid offensive line play bolstered by rookie DJ Fluker and rookie of the year runner-up Keenan Allen. Allen was a huge value for the Chargers after falling to the third round; the 22-year-old finished with 71 catches for 1,046 yards and eight touchdowns. For all the magic McCoy worked in San Diego, the Chargers still just snuck into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. That wont cut it most years – especially playing in the tough AFC West – so McCoy is going to need a follow-act for this season. Hes up to the challenge. "Without a doubt, we actually expect him to play better,” McCoy told NFL.com of Rivers and the Chargers. “And I think hell tell you the same thing. Theres some things he can improve on." "We did a nice job last year moving the football," he continued. "But we stubbed our toes too many times in the red area. We gotta finish with touchdowns." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.