him to come back fast

in Neues 16.01.2020 09:58
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Padres manager Bud Black had talked to Tyson Ross once or twice that it was getting to be time that the lanky right-hander threw his first career shutout. Nike Shox Wholesale China . In his 55th career start, Ross got it, in dominating fashion. Ross threw a three-hitter for his first career shutout, struck out nine and walked none to help San Diego beat the Cincinnati Reds 3-0 Wednesday for its first series sweep since September. Ross got all the support he needed when Rene Rivera hit a three-run single off big league ERA leader Johnny Cueto in the first inning. "Its special," said the 27-year-old Ross, whos in his second season with San Diego. "Its the first time Ive been able to finish. A couple of games Ive gone eight innings and kind of ran out of gas but tonight I had enough in the tank and was able to finish." Ross (7-8) was dominating. He retired the first 11 batters before Todd Frazier singled to left. Frazier had two of the Reds three hits. Only Reds batter reached second, when Brayan Pena doubled with one out in the eighth. Ross then retired the side. "I think that he really smelled the finish line, which was good," Black said. "Hes been close a couple of times. He was there today. We talked just briefly after the eighth inning. There was no doubt in my mind he was going to go back out there and put up a zero. "Its a tremendous feather in his cap," said Black, a lefty who had 12 shutouts in 296 career big league starts. "You do it once, you can do it many more times. Good for him." Ross said getting the complete game was due to "being efficient early. I had a lot of ground balls, a lot of outs in the first three pitches to hitters. I kept the pitch count low early and that allowed me to finish it off later." Frazier said Ross "had a pretty good slider. I think thats his best pitch. He kept most of us off-balance. We hit the ball hard sometimes. A couple of guys squared some up. To me, he just made a couple of mistakes. A good pitcher, when he makes mistakes, you have to take care of the business." The Reds lost the last three games on 10-game trip after winning six of seven, including a four-game sweep of the NL West-leading San Francisco Giants before coming to San Diego. "A frustrating team in general in that we came in playing really well and come out of it losing three straight," manager Bryan Price said. "We had a chance to make up some ground on Milwaukee and St. Louis and we werent able to take advantage of it." The Padres beat the Reds 1-0 Monday despite getting one hit, and then had a season-high 16 hits in an 8-2 victory Tuesday night. The Padres, who tied their season high with their fourth straight win, hadnt swept a series since Sept. 6-8 against Colorado. With the bases loaded and two outs in the first, Rivera hit a blooper to the gap that hit off the heel of the glove of diving centre fielder Billy Hamilton and rolled away to give San Diego a 3-0 lead. San Diego appeared to take a 4-0 lead on Seth Smiths two-out double in the fourth, but the Reds appealed that Irving Falu missed third base. The umpires agreed, calling Falu out to end the inning. San Diego manager Bud Black argued, but the call was upheld on appeal. Ross had received only one run of support in his previous five starts, and he knocked in that run in his last start, a 2-1 loss to Arizona. Ross was 0-4 in his last five starts. Cueto (8-6) came in with the best ERA in the majors, 1.88. It rose to 1.99. He allowed three runs and seven hits in seven innings, struck out eight and walked three. NOTES: The Reds were swept for the first time since April 25-27. ... The Padres placed SS Everth Cabrera on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring, retroactive to Tuesday, and selected INF Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso. Conrad is from San Diego. ... To make room on the 40-man roster, LHP Troy Patton was transferred from the 15-day DL to the 60-day DL. ... Padres OF Seth Smith signed a $13 million, two-year contract extension that runs through 2016, with a team option for 2017. ... The Padres are off Thursday before opening a three-game series against San Francisco on Friday, when LHP Eric Stults (2-11, 5.36) is scheduled to oppose RHP Matt Cain (1-6, 4.38). ... The Reds are off Thursday before opening a three-game home series against Milwaukee on Friday, when RHP Alfredo Simon (10-3, 2.81) is scheduled to start against RHP Kyle Lohse (9-2, 3.08). Nike Air Zoom Outlet . "Theyve been good against everybody," he said. Carlos Gomez launched a three-run homer and Matt Garza battled into the seventh inning for his first win in four starts to help the Brewers continue their mastery of the Rockies with a 7-4 victory Saturday. Yeezy Boost 700 Cheap . Although Olivetti, a qualifier, had 13 aces, he failed to force a single break-point chance on Gasquets serve and lost his own three times. Gasquet next plays third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland, who won had 18 aces in a 6-2, 6-4 win against seventh-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France. http://www.nikeshoesoutletwholesale.com/adidas-NMD-sale.html . The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996.CHARLOTTE, N.C. - David Blatt was more than a little concerned when he saw Kevin Love holding his left knee on the floor under the basket.Hard to blame the Cavaliers first-year coach given the run of injuries for his team.Every time I see somebody fall down or bend over to fix their shoelaces Im a little worried right now — I really am, Blatt said. Were a little bit on eggshells as far as that stuff is concerned.Loves injury turned out to be nothing serious, and the veteran forward scored 27 points to help the Cavaliers snap a three-game losing streak with a 91-87 win over the Charlotte Hornets on Friday night.Kyrie Irving added 23 points as the Cavaliers won their first game since the team announced Thursday that LeBron James would miss two weeks with knee and back strains. Tristan Thompson had 14 points and 14 rebounds, and reserve Dion Waiters finished with 17 points.Its an opportunity with LeBron out to show what I can do and try to help this team, Love said. I think there are a going to be a number of different guys who are going to have to step up with his absence because he brings so much to the table.Love returned to the lineup after missing one start with back spasms and played 38 minutes. He was 9 of 15 from the field and helped the Cavaliers (19-14) take control of the game with three straight 3-pointers in the third quarter after an injury scare.Blatt leaned heavily on his starters, using a seven-man rotation. Thompson played 43 minutes and Irving played 42.Gerald Henderson led Charlotte (10-24) with 14 points. The Hornets have lost five in a row.Love came up with a big basket with 22 seconds left after Charlotte had cut the lead to 86-83, knocking down a 17-foot turnaround jumper over Marvin Williams from the left baseline.Kemba Walker missed a driving layup, but Charlotte corralled the loose ball and Henderson rolled down the lane for a two-handed dunk to cut the lead back to three.. Wholesale Nike Shoes China. Irving knocked down three free throws in the final 10.3 seconds to seal the win.The game turned with 10:37 left in the third quarter when Love drove the baseline after recovering a loose ball and appeared to bang knees with Charlottes Bismack Biyombo. Love remained the floor under the basket as the Hornets raced the ball up the floor.I got dead-legged, Love said.Love remained on the floor for about two minutes as teammates gathered around him before getting up and walking off. He remained in the game and proceeded to knock down 3-pointers on three consecutive possessions to give the Cavaliers a 51-50 lead.Irving then started driving to the basket and within a matter of minutes Cleveland had turned a six-point deficit into a 62-55 lead.Blatt was pleased with his teams pace and patience on offence.Were missing the best player in the world right now and we want him to come back fast, Blatt said. But only when hes healthy. We will continue to play properly so that when he comes back, hes coming into a more functional situation.The Hornets turned the ball over 15 times, leading to 23 points.We cannot turn the ball over, coach Steve Clifford said. Its not possible for us to win — unless our defence is just ridiculous — with 15 turnovers. And that pretty much was the game.___TIP-INSCavaliers: The Cavaliers entered the game allowing just 97.7 points per game over the previous 20 games, third-best in the league during that span.Hornets: Clifford said Lance Stephenson is still not close to getting back on the floor while battling a groin injury.MISSING BIG ALThe Hornets remained handicapped offensively without their best player in centre Al Jefferson, who is out with a groin injury. Biyombo, his replacement, had two points and eight rebounds in 27 minutes but did not attempt a shot from the field.UP NEXTCavaliers: Host Dallas on Sunday.Hornets: Visit Orlando on Saturday night. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.