MONTREAL - Any hopes of keeping Marco Di Vaio on for another season are over for the Montreal Impact. [url=https://www.cheapgol

in Neues 28.12.2019 10:18
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MONTREAL - Any hopes of keeping Marco Di Vaio on for another season are over for the Montreal Impact. William Karlsson Jersey .The 38-year-old striker ended speculation on his soccer future Friday by announcing that he will retire at the end of the Major League Soccer season. Di Vaio said he did not want to continue being separated from his wife and children, who have remained in Italy while he played his final three seasons in Montreal.He met Thursday with team president Joey Saputo and decided to make it official.After I spoke with Joey and I came back to my house, I understood that it was the right moment to say I cant come back, said Di Vaio. It was a little bit of a sad day for me because I understood that its done.But I lived a lot of moments here that were really important for me, for the club, for history. We won the (Voyageurs) Cup two times. We got to the playoffs (last season). We got to the quarter-finals of the (CONCACAF) Champions League. So Im really happy with what weve done.The former Italian Serie-A star, who joined the Impact as their first designated player in May 2012, will play in the teams final two home games of the season Oct. 11 against New England and Oct. 25 against D.C. United.There was no word on whether he would be in the starting 11 for a game Sunday in Chicago. The 6-18-6 Impact are out of playoff contention with four regular-season matches to go. Di Vaio has been questioned repeatedly by fans and media over his future. Some wondered if he would stay on to play in the Champions League quarter-finals in February and March. There was hope he would play one more season because of the chemistry he has developed with new designated player Ignacio Piatti.But he said he will not spend another year away from his family.And he scotched the notion that he would return to Bologna to retire as a member of his former team, although he hopes to stay in the sport in some capacity. The 25th will be my last match, he said. When I go back to Italy, Ill start a new phase of my life.As for the future, I dont know. Id like to stay in soccer. I grew up with it and I want to stay involved. Well see what happens in Italy.The Rome native scored 142 goals in 342 Serie-A matches with Lazio, Bari, Salternitana, Parma, Juventus, Genoa and Bologna. He added another 31 in 72 MLS games.He will be difficult to replace in Montreal. The stocky forward brought a level of skill that is rare in MLS and he did not short-change his club on effort or intensity.Montreal has 21-year-old Jack McInerney on its roster, but will likely seek another striker for depth up front.Since Ive been here I dont think the guy has missed one day of training, coach Frank Klopas said. Hes got a winning mentality and I think were going to miss that a lot.The mentality and effort he brought every day is something we lack a bit. We need to bring in more guys like that.Di Vaio arrived amid a wave of Italian players who got fans excited for the clubs move to MLS in 2012, including defender Matteo Ferrari who is still with the team and legendary defender Alessandro Nesta, who retired at the end of the 2013 campaign.But Di Vaio was the one people noticed, both for his goal-scoring ability and the emotion he showed on the field.In many ways, he was the perfect DP for Montreal, said team captain Patrice Bernier. Not just for the club, but for the city, because of the style we like and the blend of soccer we want.Hes on another level. Ive told a lot of young kids that they have to pay attention to the way he plays and way he moves because he has the blueprint for how a striker should move.Added defender Hassoun Camara: Were very proud to share this moment with him because hes a very good player as everyone knows, but hes also a very good guy. I take him as a friend. Im happy to have played with him, for sure.Bernier felt Di Vaio helped put the Impact on the world soccer map and that it helped make the team better-known around Europe.Saputo said Di Vaio gives the team a link to Europe that may help in recruiting players.Details are still to be worked out on a tribute for his final game.Di Vaio, known as Il Bomber, will retire as the teams leader in MLS goals and shots. He scored 20 times in 2013, when he was named to the MLS Best XI and was a finalist for league most valuable player honours. He has made 62 starts and played a total of 5,636 minutes for Montreal.Asked to comment on his time in MLS, Di Vaio said: This is the future. MLS will be the future for soccer. Im sure that in the next few years theres going to be a lot of players coming to play in MLS. They are ready to be one of the best leagues in the world.Di Vaio began his career with Lazio in 1995.After bumping around with a few teams, he was sold for 14 million euros in 2003 to Juventus and he helped the club win a league championship. He also helped Juventus reach the Champions League final in 2003, scoring four goals in 11 matches.He then moved for 10.5 million euros to Spanish club Valencia, where he played from 2004 to 2006, scoring 11 goals in 35 La Liga matches.Di Vaio joined Bologna in 2008. He served as captain for two seasons and scored 65 goals in 143 games.He had two goals in 14 international matches for Italy. He played in the 2004 European championship with Ferrari and former Impact forward Bernardo Corradi. Reilly Smith Jersey . - Justin Turner is at his best with runners in scoring position, and he delivered again in a big spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Nick Holden Jersey . -- Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will be sidelined for at least two weeks because of a strained calf muscle, and pitcher C. https://www.cheapgoldenknights.com/156n-david-perron-jersey-golden-knights.html .C. -- The Edmonton Oilers used a late-power-play goal to get a hard-fought road victory.Sacramento, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. Harden scored a season-high 44 points to lead the Rockets in a 113-109 decision over the Sacramento Kings. Harden, who scored 34 points in a loss to Golden State on Wednesday, sent the game to overtime with a deep 3-pointer, then scored the first 10 Houston points in the extra session. Trevor Ariza and Patrick Beverley each netted 15 points and Donatas Motiejunas added 14 points for Houston, which has won five of its last six. Darren Collison had 24 points with seven assists and Ben McLemore tallied 21 points for the Kings. Harden fueled the Rockets comeback in regulation and continued in the extra session as he opened with seven straight points to give the Rockets a 102-95 lead with 3 1/2 minutes to play. The Houston offense ran through Harden in the overtime period. He slashed through the lane for a layup following a free throw from Jason Thompson, then split a pair of free throws to extend the lead to nine. Rudy Gay trimmed the deficit to six with a 3-pointer, but Harden drove on two defenders and skipped a pass over to Beverley, who nailed a corner 3 with 45.3 seconds left. Beverley missed 3-of-4 free throws down the stretch that allowed the Kings to hang around as Nik Stauskas trey made it a three-point game. Collison buried a 3 following a pair of free throws from Jason Terry, but Harden closed his evening with two free throws to account for the final margin. Harden tied the game at 88-88 with a tough dunk througgh traffic with 2 1/2 minutes left. Erik Haula Jersey. Each team traded a basket before Gay drove and kicked out to an open Derrick Williams, who hit a 3-pointer to make it a 93-90 game. Motiejunas was whistled for his sixth foul at the other end, which allowed Thompson to make a pair of free throws and stretch it to a two-possession game. Houston trailed by three when Harden tossed up a high-arching trey that hit nothing but cotton to tie the game at 95-95 with 20.5 seconds on the clock. Gays jumper from just inside the arc rattled out on Sacramentos final chance in regulation. The Rockets grabbed the rebound and called a timeout with under a second left, but Hardens final effort was long. Sacramento led 46-36 at the half. Houston opened the third quarter on a 10-3 run to close the gap to 49-46 just 2 1/2 minutes in. Later in the quarter, Beverley nailed a 3-pointer to cut the deficit to two, 55-53, then the Kings ripped off 10 straight as a McLemore dunk off a feed from Collison highlighted the surge. Harden scored the final four points of the third to cut it to 69-61 entering the fourth. Game Notes Houston has won four straight over the Kings ... Sacramento has lost two straight overall ... Williams scored 17 points off the bench in the setback ... Joey Dorsey had a career-high five steals in the win ... Houston went 15- of-44 from beyond the arc ... The Rockets scored 27 points off turnovers, while the Kings netted 20 off turnovers ... Thompson finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds for Sacramento. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.