In his latest T20 Blast column for Sky Sports, Birmingham Bears batsman Laurie Evans prepares for a quarter-final push, talks a

in Neues 04.12.2019 06:12
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

In his latest T20 Blast column for Sky Sports, Birmingham Bears batsman Laurie Evans prepares for a quarter-final push, talks about his brothers link with Wimbledon star Marcus Willis, and reveals how he lost out in his Euro 2016 sweepstake. Joejuan Williams Jersey ... We are just a few of wins away from securing a quarter-final spot in the NatWest T20 Blast, and have four big games coming up in the next seven days where we hopefully make sure of it.The team is in good shape despite losing out in the last two games. We know when we get it right, we play an excellent brand of cricket for this format. First up on Friday night is a re-match with local rivals Worcestershire. They beat us convincingly at Edgbaston earlier in the year, so you could say we owe them. The derby is something that the supporters love and so its always a special occasion for the players. Brett DOliveira smacked 62 off 38 balls as Worcestershire beat Birmingham at Edgbaston Then on Tuesday were live in front of the Sky cameras playing Northamptonshire, who are joint top of the North Group with Nottinghamshire. It should be a great game.Matthew Wade has come in as our overseas player, in place of Luke Ronchi. Although Im gutted I didnt manage to get Luke back for drenching me with a water balloon earlier in the summer, Wadey has been an excellent replacement.He was my travel partner up to our game at Yorkshire. We had a good chat and got to know each other well, talking all things cricket, from the Ashes to the IPL and Australian domestic cricket. Australias Matthew Wade has fight right into the Birmingham team since his arrival He cant believe how much cricket we play in our own domestic league compared to Australia, but I wont open that can of worms any further!I got a few runs in the game at Headingley, and felt like I was striking the ball well, but sadly we couldnt quite get over the line, losing by just two runs!I also hit fifty a couple games back against Leicestershire, this time on the winning end of a result, sealing it with a six.My brother Oliver came to watch that game, so it was nice to be able to score a few runs and put on a bit of a show for him. Marcus Willis (L) used to play tennis with Lauries brother before going on to face Roger Federer at Wimbledon Oli is a budding sportsman too - he was a professional tennis player until he was 19, and used to play against Marcus Willis, who played Roger Federer on Centre Court at Wimbledon.Marcus getting to the second round really gripped the nation, and it was awesome to see Andy Murray manage to win in the final there for the second time.My brother sadly had one too many injuries to make it in tennis, but after taking up rugby at Bath University, he has now joined Nottingham Rugby. I cant wait to make a quick trip up the motorway to watch him. Portugals win at Euro 2016 was good news for Birmingham fast bowler, Boyd Rankin Euro 2016 has come to an end, and I must admit, I am missing it already. More important than Portugal winning it was that Boyd Ranking won the Warwickshire team sweepstakes. I had Germany and so was feeling pretty confident until it all went wrong against France in the semi-final!Anyway, back to the cricket, its a big couple of weeks ahead for the club. I am really looking forward to it and eager to help get us to the knockout rounds of the Blast.Watch Sussex face Hampshire in the NatWest T20 Blast on Friday from 6.45pm on Sky Sports 2. Then see Laurie Evans in action for the Birmingham Bears against Northamptonshire on Tuesday, live on Sky Sports 2 from 6pm. Also See: North Group Table South Group Table Live cricket on Sky Get Sky Sports Rob Gronkowski Jersey . Blatter also told reporters Saturday after meeting with Qatars emir that the decision to award the tournament to the desert nation is "not reversible." There have been calls to move the tournament because of Qatars intense heat. Devin McCourty Jersey . It took five games, but the Celtics finally helped Stevens earn his first NBA victory. "Im going to celebrate for a whole 12 minutes, and then Im going to start watching Orlando and trying to figure them out," the first-year Celtics coach said after Boston beat the Utah Jazz, one of the leagues other winless teams, 97-87 on Wednesday night. https://www.patriotsjerseysale.com/ . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation.Durham, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Jahlil Okafor scored 24 points to lead the fourth-ranked Duke Blue Devils to a 93-54 win over Furman at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Amile Jefferson posted 16 points and 12 rebounds and Matt Jones finished with 13 points on 4-of-5 shooting from beyond the arc for Duke (6-0). Kendrec Ferrara paced the Paladins (1-3) with 13 points and Stephen Croone added 12. Final Score: Butler 74, (5) North Carolina 66 Nassau, Bahamas (SportsNetwork.com) - Alex Barlow scored 17 points to lead the Butler Bulldogs over the fifth-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels, 74-66, in quarterfinal round action of the Battle 4 Atlantis at Imperial Arena. Kelan Martin also scored 17 points and added six rebounds for Butler (4-0), which outrebounded Carolina 57-40, grabbing 29 offensive boards, on the way to the upset win. Roosevelt Jones hit four straight free thhrows down the stretch, ending with 12 points, eight rebounds and six assists for the Bulldogs, who will face Oklahoma in the semifinal round on Thursday. Antowain Smith Jersey. Marcus Paige scored 18 points to lead North Carolina (3-1), which rallied in the final minutes but never had possession of the ball with a chance to take the lead. Final Score: Oklahoma 75, (22) UCLA 65 Nassau, Bahamas (SportsNetwork.com) - Buddy Hield collected a game-high 24 points as Oklahoma knocked off No. 22 UCLA by a 75-65 count in a quarterfinal meeting in the Battle 4 Atlantis. Frank Booker had 11 points and Jordan Woodard 10 for the Sooners (3-1), who advance to face Butler -- which toppled No. 5 North Carolina earlier Wednesday. Bryce Alford finished with 19 points while Kevon Looney added 16 points and a game-best 15 rebounds for the Bruins (4-1). ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.