ind has been limited to 9

in Neues 26.11.2019 06:13
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

CROMWELL, Conn. Custom USA Soccer Jerseys . -- Brendan Steele shot an 8-under 62 in the morning session to take a one-stroke lead after the first round of the Travelers Championship. The 31-year-old Californian opened with an eagle, holing a 129-yard wedge shot in the rain. He birdied six of the next 12 holes at TPC River Highlands, and closed the bogey-free round with five straight pars. Steele finished two shots off the course record set by Patrick Cantlay in 2011 as an amateur. "On 14, I started to think 59, which is probably why I slowed down a little bit," Steele said. Bud Cauley and Ryan Moore shot 63, and Chad Campbell, Joe Durant, Scott Langley, Eric Axley and Jeff Maggert followed at 64. Former Stanford stars Patrick Rodgers and Cameron Wilson made their pro debuts, with Rodgers shooting a 66, and Wilson a 73. Rodgers won 11 college tournaments and this years Ben Hogan and Jack Nicklaus awards as the nations top college player. Wilson won the NCAA individual title. Two-time heart transplant recipient Erik Compton, coming off a second-place tie in the U.S. Open, shot a 74. Steele and Cauley went out in a steady rain Thursday morning, but by noon the sun had broken through. "It took the rain pretty well," said Masters champion Bubba Watson, who shot a 67 and was among 75 players to break par. "Its kind of soft, but not too windy, so you can score around it." But nobody could catch Steele, who is shooting for his third top-10 finish this season after failing to qualify for the U.S. Open. He instead watched from the stands as his favourite hockey team, the Los Angeles Kings, won the Stanley Cup. Steele changed putters during the second round of U.S. Open qualifying and said that decision to go from long to short has been paying off. He needed just 26 putts Thursday. "Speed control is a lot better," he said. Cauley started on the back nine and got his round going on the signature 15th hole. He avoided the woods on the right and put his tee shot within 20 feet, then made the eagle putt. "With that pin back right, if you hit it right, thats obviously not where you want to be, and obviously theres water left," he said. "So I hit that right where I was trying to and rolled it up there and capitalized with the putt." Campbell was at 7 under until he hit it into the water on the same hole. Moore, who has four top-10 finishes in eight starts at this tournament, credited his 63 to a decision not to practice after a poor round in the pro-am Wednesday. "I was relaxed and comfortable and just went out and played golf today instead of overdoing it and over-thinking it, which I feel like Ive maybe done a little lately," Moore said. "Ive been practicing too much." Trevor Immelman had the shot of the day, making a double eagle from 246 yards on the par-5 13th hole. He used a 3-wood and cleared a green-side water hazard. "The main thing is to keep it dry," he said. "You got to get it over there, and it came out pretty good and started rolling." Immelman also had three bogeys in his round of 68. Defending champion Ken Duke opened with a 65. Louis Oosthuizen withdrew after seven holes because of back issues. Custom Brazil Soccer Jerseys . Roma has a game in hand but now second place is even at risk for the capital side as Napoli moved to within three points with the win. "The result is not always fair," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "If we play like this until the end we will win many matches. Wholesale Custom Jerseys . The Sochi organizing committee said in Fridays statement that the torch relay reached the North Pole on Oct. 19. Russian Polar explorer Artur Chilingarov, who led the mission, lit a special bowl at the North Pole sign. https://www.cheapcustomjerseysonline.com/custom-texas-rangers-jerseys/ . Players suspended during the season for a performance-enhancing drug violation will not be eligible for that years post-season. In addition, discipline will increase from 50 games to 80 for a first testing violation and from 100 games to a season-long 162 for a second. A third violation remains a lifetime ban.NEW YORK – As the Blue Jays struggle toward the seasons finish, its becoming increasingly difficult to find something positive to discuss. Heres one: Dioner Navarros play. The 30-year-old catcher told TSN.ca hes proven something to himself during his first year in Toronto. “That I can play everyday,” said Navarro. “I know I can hit. I know I can call a game. I know I can throw but Ive still got it on me that I cant play everyday. Obviously Im throwing the last bullets out there.” Navarro got the start behind the plate on Saturday afternoon, marking the 107th time this season hed caught at least part of a game. The last time Navarro squatted in more than 100 games was back in 2009 when he played for the Tampa Bay Rays. His season has been welcome in Toronto following J.P. Arencibias disastrous 2013. In that regard, it could have been Navarro or anybody else putting on the tools of ignorance for the Blue Jays this season: the replacement was, by default, going to be an improvement over the predecessor. But Navarro is third on the club with 68 runs batted-in, far exceeding his previous career high of 54 set in 2008, the year of his only All-Star selection and the season in which his Rays lost in the World Series to Philadelphia. His 101 weighted runs created plus (wRC+) isnt spectacular but is the second highest of his career. Navarros 12 home runs are one off his career high set last season with the Chicago Cubs. Hes developed a strong rapport with veteran pitchers (Mark Buehrle) and youngsters (Marcus Stroman) alike. While there are rumblings about his defence, specifically getting down on balls in the dirt to prevent wild pitches, Navarro is middle-of-the-pack (21 per cent) when it comes to throwing out base stealers. Navarros enjoyed his return to the American League East, “Where I grew up,” he said. Hes enjoyed proving his doubters wrong. The funny thing is he was among them. “You can talk all you want and obviously my mindset is I can do this, but there was still a little doubt, especially being a backup for four years straight and not having to catch more than 50 games a year and you kind of doubt yourself, like can you still do this?” said Navarro. “When I got the opportunity obviously I jumped in and its just been so satisfying.” Nobody mistook Navarro for Arnold Schwarzenegger when he arrived in Dunedin in February and while itts doubtful hell be chiseled when players report next spring, Navarro will consult with his personal trainer at the end of the season to develop a more comprehensive plan for 2015. Custom Kansas City Royals Jerseys. He stayed off the disabled list but Navarro did have a minor issue with his quadriceps earlier in the year. “Im going to try a different program this offseason,” said Navarro. “I felt great throughout the whole season but there were days that [it] wasnt as great but weve still got to grind it out so Im going to prepare myself this offseason for those days and hopefully Ill be better next year.” Theres reason for Navarro to be motivated. Next season will be a contract year. Hell also be working with a young pitching staff that has the potential to be elite. “Our future is bright. Our future is really bright,” said Navarro. “Weve got Stroman. Weve got Sanchez, Norris, Pompeys looking really good. Goins is showing some improvement. Everybody, man, everybody. Encarnacion, Bautista, myself, so Im really excited.” LIND NURSING BACK PAIN He wouldnt have started anyway with the Yankees throwing left-hander Chris Capuano on Saturday, but Adam Linds recurring back issues have returned. “Lindys back locked up on him a little bit (Friday) night,” said manager John Gibbons. “Hopefully its not a long-term thing with Lindy but you probably wont see him (Saturday).” Lind has been limited to 91 games this season, largely because of a fractured foot that cost him 28 games in July and August. He did miss 17 games in April and May with a back strain. Used almost exclusively in a platoon scenario this season, Lind has posted a .357/.415/.548 slash line against right-handed pitchers. Thats elite level hitting despite a dip in power (six home runs compared to 23 last season). Linds .398 batting average on balls in play (BABIP) against right-handers this year is higher than his career .315. ENCARNACIONS MRI Edwin Encarnacion is dealing with back pain but it isnt significant enough to keep him out of the lineup. Encarnacion underwent a MRI on Friday afternoon. Manager John Gibbons said the imaging revealed mild inflammation. The 31-year-old homered has shown no ill effects. Playing as the designated hitter, Encarnacion hit a two-run home run in the first inning of Friday nights game and doubled home Jose Bautista in the first inning on Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.