BRADENTON, Fla. [url=https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/]Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic[/url] . -- Pitcher Wandy Rodriguez contribut

in Neues 20.11.2019 04:44
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

BRADENTON, Fla. Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic . -- Pitcher Wandy Rodriguez contributed a two-run homer and RBI single as the Pittsburgh Pirates got 29 hits Tuesday and routed the Toronto Blue Jays 22-5. Starling Marte and Jose Tabata each homered and drove in four runs. Marte got five hits and Tabata had four. The Pirates finished with nine extra-base hits. In his first at-bat of the spring, Rodriguez hit a full-count fastball from J.A. Happ into the Pirates bullpen in right field. "Its a 3-2 count and I knew the fastball was coming," Rodriguez said with a laugh. "I made good contract and the wind helped me, too. I dont have a lot of power." Rodriguez added his single in an eight-run fourth inning. Rodriguez made his final start of spring training, working 4 2-3 innings and allowing three runs on six hits and four walks. Matt Tuiasosopo hit a solo home run for Toronto. Happ did not help his bid to claim a job in Torontos rotation. He faced 20 batters in three-plus innings and allowed seven runs and 12 hits. "I was throwing a lot of strikes on a tough-conditions day," Happ said. "They were putting the ball in play. I feel good about throwing the ball in the zone, but this is one start that Ive just got to try to get over." Blue Jays: With a 20.57 ERA after five outings, Happ might not beat out Dustin McGowan for the final open spot in the starting rotation. Happ, however, said he came to camp believing the job was his and doesnt believe its in jeopardy. "I dont know whos all saying things have changed," he said. "I guess Im not part of those conversations. I havent had one with anybody whos telling me things are changing. Its you (media) guys saying that. I take positives and move forward, and I plan on getting better." Happ has been bothered by a sore back, but said he feels fine now. Would he be willing to pitch in relief if he doesnt crack the rotation? "Im not thinking about that," he said. "Ill answer that question if one of the bosses decides he needs to ask me that. Well deal with that then." McGowan pitched in a minor league game and allowed three hits in four innings. He likely will start another minor league game Sunday. Pirates: As the No. 3 starter in the rotation, Rodriguez is scheduled to make his season debut April 4 against the St. Louis Cardinals at PNC Park. Last year, he made only 12 starts due to chronic forearm pain and went 6-4 with a 3.59 ERA. He will be a free agent after this season. "I feel very happy because when I started spring training, I was thinking a lot about my arm," Rodriguez said. "Every time I throw, I feel good." Pirates: Left-hander Francisco Liriano (groin) will throw off a mound Wednesday in a simulated game. If the injury has not improved and he must start the season on the disabled list, right-hander Brandon Cumpton is a possible replacement. Cumpton replaced Edinson Volquez as the scheduled starter Wednesday against Minnesota. Volquez instead will throw two or three innings in a simulated game. Pirates: First baseman Andrew Lambo was optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis, which means non-roster invitee Travis Ishikawa likely will begin the season as the Pirates backup first baseman. "I looked at other situations last winter," Ishikawa said. "The thought of playing time, good chance of making the club, was definitely more positive here than other places." Lambo, who was converted this spring from an outfielder to first baseman, hit .095 with a .269 on-base plus slugging percentage in 17 games. Ishikawa, a natural first baseman, is batting .333. "Andrew exceeded expectations defensively," general manager Neal Huntington said. "Offensively, the results werent there. He faced a lot of fastball-count offspeed pitches. In our mind, the right thing to do to get him back on track was to have him start the season in Indianapolis." Blue Jays: Tuiasosopo continued his six-day audition for a backup outfielder job after being claimed off waivers from Arizona. He went 1 for 4 and is 2 for 7 in two games with Toronto. Pirates: Outfielder Jaff Decker and reliever Jared Hughes were optioned to Triple-A Indianapolis. Pitchers Adam Wilk, Jay Jackson, Zack Thornton and Daniel Schlereth; outfielder Chris Dickerson; catcher Omir Santos; and infielders Robert Andino and Michael Martinez were reassigned to minor league camp. The Pirates acquired right-hander Vance Worley from the Twins for cash considerations and assigned him to minor league camp. The 26-year-old Worley made his big league debut in 2010 with the Philadelphia Phillies. Last season, he went 1-5 with a 7.10 ERA in 10 starts with the Twins. Cheap NCAA Jerseys . Western and the second-ranked Laval Rouge et Or (7-0) once again received 20 and 10 first-place votes from the Football Reporters of Canada panel, respectively. Rounding out the Top 10 are the Calgary Dinos (7-0), Queens Gaels (7-1), Guelph Gryphons (7-1), Montreal Carabins (5-2), Bishops Gaiters (5-2), McMaster Marauders (5-3), Manitoba Bisons (4-3) and the Saskatchewan Huskies (4-3) Western crushed York 50-10 last Saturday in its league finale to secure first place in the OUA standings and a bye in the first round of the conference playoffs. Replica NCAA Jerseys . After missing 20 games as a rookie a year ago, Valanciunas - like the Raptors as a whole - has been fortunate to be in good health this season. As he spoke about it, the Raptors sophomore centre scanned the room for wood to knock on. "It is disappointing because we lost today so thats the worst part of the day," said Valanciunas, who left Tuesdays game with a lower-back sprain in the third quarter, missing the rest of Torontos 118-113 overtime defeat at the hands of the Hawks. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/ . 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U.MANCHESTER, England -- Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal was hired as Manchester United manager on Monday, tasked with repairing the damage from David Moyes disappointing 10 months in charge and reviving the fortunes of one of the worlds biggest clubs. The 62-year-old Dutchman has signed a three-year contract and will take over at Old Trafford after the World Cup in Brazil, becoming the first United manager from outside Britain and Ireland. United great Ryan Giggs, who announced the end of his 23-year playing career, will be Van Gaals assistant. "To work as a manager for Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, makes me very proud," Van Gaal said in a United statement. "This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together Im sure we will make history." Van Gaal has experience of coaching -- and winning league titles -- at some of the worlds top teams, but even spells at Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich may not prepare him for the rebuilding job required at United. The club has been in a state of flux since the retirement of Alex Ferguson last May after nearly 27 years in charge. Moyes, Fergusons successor, was dismissed last month before the team went on to finish seventh -- its lowest placing since the Premier Leagues inception in 1992. United also failed to qualify for European football for the first time in 24 years. Van Gaal is likely to be handed considerable funds to strengthen the squad to get United back in the Champions League, something the clubs American owners -- the Glazer family -- werent prepared to give Moyes. A return to Europes top competition will likely be the priority, followed by a desire to play the kind of attacking, dynamic brand of football expected at United but unable to be delivered by Moyes. United has broken the mould by appointing Van Gaal. In the clubs 136-year history, no previous manager has come from outside Britain or Ireland, a common occurrence at Englands other big clubs in recent years. The notion of United hiring coaches in a bid to create a dynasty -- something Ferguson uniquely achieved -- also appears to have ended. After spending six years at Ajax, where Van Gaal guided a talented young team to the pinnacle of European football by winning the Champions League in 1995, he joined Barcelona in 1997 for the first of two spells -- the first lasting three seasonns and the second barely half a year. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys. He has since coached AZ Alkmaar in the Dutch league and Bayern between 2009-11. So he may not be the long-term manager many at United crave -- Giggs, Uniteds interim manager for last seasons final four games and one of the clubs greatest players, is thought to be being groomed for the seat in the future -- but the fact that Van Gaal has won league titles with every team he has worked makes him one of Europes most-respected coaches. He has been coach of the Netherlands since 2012, his second spell with the national team following a stint from 2000-02. "Everyone is very excited about this new phase in the clubs history," United vice-chairman Ed Woodward said. "His track record of success in winning leagues and cups across Europe throughout his career makes him the perfect choice for us. "People know him as a larger-than-life character but I have also been extremely impressed by his intelligence, thoughtful approach to the role and his diligence." He can be spiky and provocative with journalists and hardly lacks in self-belief, a trait which can often spill over to make him appear arrogant. But after the failed tenure of Moyes, United needed a manager who commanded respect and had a strong track record. His job wont be easy. While United has regressed since landing its record-extending 20th English championship last year, rival Liverpool has improved greatly under Brendan Rodgers and finished second in the Premier League this season. Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal are established members of the top group and showing no signs of being on the slide. The appointment of Giggs as Van Gaals No. 2 will satisfy those eager for some continuity at the club following the trophy-filled era of Ferguson. The 40-year-old Giggs published an open letter on Uniteds website an hour after Van Gaals appointment, praising the Dutchmans qualities and revealing his decision to end his playing days. "For me, today is new chapter filled with many emotions -- immense pride, sadness, but most of all, excitement towards the future," Giggs said. "United fans I hope will share and echo my belief that the club, the management and owners, are doing everything they can to return this great club to where it belongs, and I hope to be there every step of the way." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.