(Getty Images)Daniel Bruno: In 95-96 You played in 75 consecutive games. [url=https://www.cheapbrewers.com/599y-yasmani-grandal

in Neues 14.11.2019 02:18
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

(Getty Images)Daniel Bruno: In 95-96 You played in 75 consecutive games. Yasmani Grandal Brewers Jersey . Do you think this new theory in the NHL that goalies dont play in back to back games is ridiculous?Grant Fuhr: I wouldnt day ridiculous, but I dont see a reason why they couldnt play back-to-back. I mean, I dont think its hard to play back-to-back, you have to dress anyway.DB: 1984 Edmonton Oilers reunion a couple weeks ago? Were there any old teammates that you didnt recognize?GF: There wasnt anyone that I didnt recognize, but weve all gotten a little older obviously. There were definitely a few less heads of hair there, but the guys are all still the same guys.DB: Which one of those guys from the 84 team can give you the best run on the golf course?GF: Um, Gretzky is a pretty good player, I think Mess still plays pretty well, so there are a few guys that are decent players. Congratulations on the great 30 year reunion ???? they will always have the greatest bond brothers forever A photo posted by @janetgretzky on Oct 10, 2014 at 5:50pm PDT DB: Gretzky has referred to you in interviews as the finest goalie hes ever seen. Is that something he ever told you in person, or did you hear it through the media the first time?GF: Obviously, its a great honour to have him say that. But as teammates you just have fun playing against each other every day. I mean, I feel lucky that I got to play with him for so many years and I got to play against him for a couple years. So, we had a lot of fun that way.DB: So, Im sure youd refer to him as one of the best players you ever played with…GF: Oh, easily by far! Even growing up.DB: If you guys were to reverse roles, back in lets just say 86, you get 10 shots on Gretzky in net, how many times do you score on him?GF: Thats a good question (laughs), Im hoping maybe 6 or 7. (Steve Babineau/Getty Images)DB: Something I always notice when watching old games is the goalie equipment. I mean, it was so small youre almost concerned for the goalies safety…GF: Ya, we werent very big back then!DB: Which goalie today would you say would be the best goalie if they played back in the 80s with those small pads? Because it definitely takes a little bit of a different skill set.GF: Marty Brodeur would probably be the best suited, just because hes worn smaller equipment all through his career and hes more of a stand-up goalie.DB: Who would you say is the best "big game" goaltender in the game today?GF: Hmm, thats another tough one. Probably, (thinking) I like Henrik Lundqvist right now, I think hes probably one of the best in the game, but you gotta look at what Jonathan Quicks done the last couple of years. Each year someone seems to stand out, Carey Price I like a lot, so a lot of guys are stepping up now.DB: I just want to talk to you about this picture here. Were you here? What is going on?GF: (Laughs) Ya, I was around then. Im not sure what Mess is wearing there (laughs). All Im gonna say is, thats old time hockey. We were allowed to have a little fun back then.DB: So, goalie masks these days are a lot more intricate now then they ever were in the past….GF: Ya, the paint jobs are a little more high end now.DB: Im going to ask you to get a little creative here and lets try to build what your mask would look like nowadays. Here are some examples, first up is Rangers goalie Cedrick Desjardins with the Sinatra/Jeter mask. (ingoalmag.com)DB: Ducks goalie Frederik Andersen has a "Reservoir Ducks" mask. Watch out... With this mask on Frederik Andersen will be transformed into a certain Mr Blonde... Just check out his iconic shirt and tie on the chin of the mask... #andersen #anaheim #ducks #nhl #daveart @anaheimducks @freddieandersen @nhl A photo posted by David Gunnarsson (@davidofdaveart) on Oct 10, 2014 at 3:49pm PDT GF: Ouu I like that one.DB: And Oilers goalie Yann Danis had you on his mask. (ingoalmag.com)DB: So, what kind of pop culture reference would be featured on your mask, maybe something from a movie or a band?GF: I dont know if Id put a band on there, but Im a big horror movie fan. So, I think a collection of the different guys from different horror movies would be cool. Ya, Id like that.DB: Would you get an old goalie on there, someone you looked up to growing up?GF: Ya, Id probably have a little Glenn Hall, a little Tony Esposito.DB: Are guys going bardown on you the worst feeling as a goalie? Or is there a worse type of goal?GF: Well, all goals feel crappy. But its not something we worried about much when I played because we didnt go down as much. But now when you watch hockey you see the goalies go down a lot more, so you see a lot more goals going in over top their shoulders. (thebearrocks.com)DB: So, lets talk about this amazing mo-fro you got here.GF: Yes, that was a nice look.DB: Do you feel you had the most underrated mo-fro combo in professional sports at the time?GF: That is actually a short version of it, so around that that time I probably had at least the most hair out of anybody.DB: Can you BarDown?GF: I might be able to?Again, if youre interested in purchasing Fuhrs book, Grant Fuhr: The Story Of A Hockey Legend, you can do so HERE. Taylor Williams Brewers Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. Chase Anderson Brewers Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/1099y-corey-knebel-jersey-brewers.html . Chris Johnson singled with two outs off left-hander Jerry Blevins (1-1), and Schafer pinch ran. With a 2-2 count, Schafer ran on the pitch and Upton dropped a single in front of Bryce Harper. Schafer already was rounding third when Schafer bobbled the ball.AUGUSTA, Ga. -- One after another, some of the worlds best players and favourites to win the Masters trudged up the hill on the opening hole to start their practice rounds. Phil Mickelson. Rory McIlroy. Adam Scott. It was typical of any Tuesday at Augusta National, except for the scoreboard to the right of where they were walking. The board has the names of all 97 players in the field, with blank boxes to put their scores when the tournament begins. On the far right side of the board is a list of this years noncompeting invitees. Tommy Aaron. Doug Ford. Tiger Woods. "Its a weird feeling not having him here, isnt it?" said Phil Mickelson, a three-time Masters champion and the chief foil for Woods over the years. "Hes been such a mainstay in professional golf and in the majors. Its awkward to not have him here. I hope he gets back soon. I hope hes back for the other majors. As much as I want to win -- and I know how great he is and tough to beat -- it makes it special when hes in the field and youre able to win." Woods hasnt been the same all year, even before back surgery last week. He is missing the Masters for the first time. His presence looms as large as some of the Georgia pines lining the fairways, though it will be forgotten when the opening shot is in the air Thursday, and a green jacket is awarded Sunday. Even so, Woods brings a buzz to any tournament, even at Augusta National. And this year, his absence has brought talk of the most wide-open Masters in nearly 20 years. Las Vegas has installed Scott and McIlroy as the betting favourites at 10-1, followed by Mickelson, Jason Day and Matt Kuchar at 12-1. McIlroy had his own version of a betting sheet on the table where he sat during his interview -- the tee times for the opening two rounds. Told that 97 players were in the field, the 24-year-old from Northern Ireland figured 70 had a chance to win. "Theres a few past champions that play that might not be able to compete. There might be a few first-timers or a few amateurs that wont compete," McIlroy said. "But then youve got the rest. Im just looking down the list here. Stewart Cink. Tim Clark. Ian Woosnam -- no." The room filled with laughter as McIlroy smiled and said, "Sorry, Woosie," referring to the 56-year-old former champion. "Youve got a lot of guys tthat can win, a lot of guys that have won PGA Tour events," McIlroy said. Milwaukee Brewers Pro Shop. "OK, were playing at Augusta. Because its the Masters and because its so big and so hyped up or whatever you want to say, you ought to remember that youre still playing against the same guys you play with week in and week out. "Ive beaten them before," he said. "Theyve beaten me before." The PGA Tour is 21 tournaments into the season, and only one player (Zach Johnson) won while he was in the top 10 in the world. McIlroy and Scott each had comfortable leads going into the final round and lost to players outside the top 100. "I think in the past, certainly thats been easy to go to events and look at a guy who is the guy to beat," Scott said, not naming Woods because he didnt need to. "I think that scope has kind of broadened now. Theres a lot of guys with the talent and the form that arent necessarily standing out above the others. But on their week, theyre going to be tough to beat. "Id like to think my name is one of those guys," Scott said. "And I feel like Im going to be one of the guys who has got a chance if I play well this week." Scott had one more occasion to wear his green jacket Tuesday night as host of the Champions Dinner. Then, he sets out in a bid to join Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo and Woods as the only players to win back-to-back Masters. For years, the Masters was seen as having the smallest group of contenders, and not just because it had the smallest field of the four majors. Augusta National is a puzzle that can take years to figure out. The roars that reverberate through the trees and from deep in Amen Corner on Sunday can be unsettling. Scott won two years after he was a runner-up. Jason Day has completed two Masters and has yet to finish worse than third. As for Mickelson? Theres no telling what he might accomplish next. Even though he has withdrawn from two tournaments with different injuries this year, Augusta invigorates the 43-year-old Mickelson. All of them would love to be near the top of the leaderboard Sunday afternoon. By then, no one will be thinking about anything except a green jacket. "No matter who is in contention or who is going to win this week, the Masters always provides a great finish," McIlroy said. "Regardless of who is there." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.