c says hes made sure

in Neues 13.11.2019 04:49
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Billy Hamilton had a keepsake ball from his best all-around game. Air Max 95 Destockage . Hamilton hit his first career homer and Chris Heisey singled home the tiebreaking run in the sixth inning, sending the Cincinnati Reds past the Chicago Cubs 3-2 Tuesday night in a game delayed three times because of rain. The game started 19 minutes late. There was a 15-minute delay in the top of the fifth and a 1-hour, 11-minute delay in the bottom of the sixth. Hamiltons solo homer off Jeff Samardzija (0-3) tied it in the fifth. He also reached base by a walk and two infield singles, stole a base and made a diving catch in centre field. Of all those things, the home run was the most unexpected. "Its a good feeling for me," Hamilton said. "Thats not what I want to do, but sometimes, it happens." Zack Cozart tripled to right-centre with two outs in the sixth, and Heiseys pinch-hit single put the Reds ahead as heavy rain started to fall and the third rain delay followed. "I havent had a lot of opportunities lately, but I make it a point to stay ready," said Heisey, who is 4 for 10 with six RBIs off the bench. Alfredo Simon (4-1) gave up five hits, including Starlin Castros two-run single, before Heisey pinch-hit for him. Simon has filled in while Mat Latos recovers from knee surgery and a sore pitching forearm. "Im not surprised that hes been competitive," manager Bryan Price said. "Whats been surprising at times is how much of a shut-down pitcher hes been. Were happy that hes been presented with the opportunity and run with it. Hes been a key cog." Jonathan Broxton retired all three batters in the ninth for his fifth save in five chances. The Cubs have lost five of their last six games, falling to 8-17. The series opener on Monday was postponed because of rain and hasnt been rescheduled. The Reds have had seven rain delays in 11 home playing dates this season, with one game postponed and another suspended overnight. It was another solid but winless performance for Samardzija, who has not gotten a victory in his last 12 starts since Aug. 30. The Cubs havent scored while he was on the mound -- only 32 runs in those 12 starts. Samardzija was in line for a win in his last start, but the bullpen blew a 5-2 lead last Wednesday in a 7-5 loss to Arizona. Hamilton had his most productive game as Cincinnatis leadoff hitter. He scored twice, giving him 12 runs this season. "Every day I come in here, Im trying to do something good for the team, whether its a sacrifice fly or a stolen base or scoring a big run," Hamilton said. "It was fun today." Hamilton opened the first inning with a walk, stole second and took third on a wild pitch. Brandon Phillips sacrifice fly made it 1-0. Hamilton had an infield single in the third and was thrown out by catcher Welington Castillo, the fifth time in 15 attempts that hes been caught stealing this season. The Cubs loaded the bases in the third on singles by Emilio Bonifacio and Ryan Kalish and a walk to Anthony Rizzo. Castro singled up the middle on the first pitch for a 2-1 lead. Hamilton shortened to bunt twice in the fifth inning before hitting his first career homer to right field, tying it 2-all. Cubs second baseman Darwin Barney made the best defensive play of the game. He went up the middle to reach Ryan Ludwicks grounder in the fourth, got to the ball on the third base side of the bag and threw Ludwick out from the outfield grass. NOTES: Cubs manager Rick Renteria was ejected for arguing ball-and-strike calls in the bottom of the sixth. ... Renteria expects RHP Jake Arrieta to be activated and start on Saturday. Hes been sidelined by stiffness in his pitching shoulder. ... Reds closer Aroldis Chapman threw 25 pitches during batting practice. Hes expected to make his first rehabilitation appearance with Class-A Dayton on Thursday. Chapman had a plate inserted above his left eye to heal fractures from a line drive on March 19. He could be activated next week. Vapormax Off White Pas Cher . -- The Denver Broncos are shuffling their offensive line this off-season and Orlando Franklin provided some insight into their plans Monday by tweeting that hes moving from right tackle to left guard. Air Max 720 Femme Pas Cher . So far, so good: Gonzalez has allowed one run through 12 innings this season. His second start came Tuesday night, when he gave up only three singles over six innings to lead the Nationals to a 5-0 victory over the Miami Marlins. http://www.maxnikepascher.fr/grossiste-air-max-90-chine/max-90-femme.html . -- Adrian Peterson remained in a walking boot to treat a high ankle sprain on his left leg on Wednesday, and coach Leslie Frazier said he will not play on Sunday against Atlanta if he cant hit the practice field in the next two days.With his Colorado Avalanche set to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night, it slipped coach Patrick Roys mind that his number hangs from the rafters at the Bell Centre. "I forgot," said Roy. "See how focused I am for the game?" Of course, the legendary Habs netminder was kidding. "I made sure it was there with no dust on it," Roy joked about his banner that was raised in 2008. Roy, with his Avalanche firmly in possession of a playoff spot, returns to Montreal as a coach for the first time with plenty of Jack Adams buzz surrounding him. The first-year coach has his Avalanche sitting in second place in the Central Division, six points behind the St. Louis Blues, with a shot at the Presidents Trophy. It was in Quebec with the QMJHLs Remparts that Roy got his coaching start and credits his time there with getting him ready for the rigours of an NHL job and how to relate to his players. "The days with the Remparts prepared me really well and helped me a lot," said Roy. "I think that this is a group that needs positivity and its easy for me to be positive because they work so hard." Known for never blowing up at his team during intermissions, Roy doesnt see the need for post-period tirades. "Theres nothing you can do about the first or second, its what you can do in the third," he said. The first year for a coach in the NHL is always a major learning experience and rookie bench bosses tend to fail a lot more than they succeed. Air Max 95 Femme Pas Cher. Roy credits an understanding with his players as to why he is thriving. "We based our relationships in trust and respect and a partnership," explained. The 48-year-old Sainte-Foy, Quebec says hes made sure that his return to Montreal will be focused on getting two points for his Avalanche and that Tuesdays game isnt about him. "I was trying to not think too much about it," said Roy. "I tried to have a simple approach to this game. I dont try to put myself ahead of the team. Its not about me, its about them. They deserve the credit for our success and theyre reason for why we are where we are." Any enmity that lingered after Roys acrimonious exit from the Canadiens in 1995 is long gone, says the four-time Stanley Cup-winner. "It didnt really last very long for me," said Roy. "Its been behind me for a long time, but it takes two to dance sometimes." With his number retired in 2008 and his participation in the teams centennial ceremony the following year, Roy credits Canadiens fans for welcoming him back with open arms, citing calls for him to coach the team in 2012 prior to the re-hiring of Michel Therrien. "It was nice to see that the past was behind us and we could move on," said Roy. "For the ego, it feels good." The Habs host the Avalanche on Tuesday at 7:30pm et. Catch all of the action live on TSN Canadiens or listen on TSN Radio 690. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.