INDIANAPOLIS -- Kurt Busch just made his attempt at completing The Double a lot tougher after crashing during Mondays practice

in Neues 30.10.2019 02:17
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Kurt Busch just made his attempt at completing The Double a lot tougher after crashing during Mondays practice at Indianapolis. Pittsburgh Pirates Store . Busch spun coming out of the second turn on the 2.5-mile oval and slammed hard into the outside wall. It was the biggest crash of the month. Andretti Autosport said Monday night the car would not be repaired by the Indy 500 and Busch will drive teammate Marco Andrettis backup car. Busch will still start 12th. Debris flew into the air, there was a small fire and one of the tires rolled dangerously down the track as the car rolled to a stop on the infield grass. But the hardest part for Busch was contemplating all the work that must be done now as he becomes the fourth driver to attempt completing both the Indianapolis Indy 500 and NASCARs Coca-Cola 600, 1,100 total miles, on the same day. Both races will be held Sunday. "This created a lot of work for the Andretti guys. I feel bad for that," he said. "As a rookie, theres things you learn and put it up on the edge and get away with and then theres times when it will bite you. Its just tough." Fortunately, Busch was not seriously hurt. IndyCar medical director Dr. Michael Olinger checked him at the infield medical centre and immediately cleared him to drive. Busch said he was fine and ready to return to racing Friday when the final 1-hour practice sessions will be held. Busch said it wasnt a big deal he had to switch cars because he completed his Indy rookie orientation program earlier this month in a different Andretti Autosport car. "The ability of the Andretti Autosport team to field the car, it doesnt matter how it starts, or where it comes from, theyve been very accurate with everything," Busch said by phone. "Ill get over it quick. Ive wrecked cars before." In the garage area, crew members covered the damaged right side of the car with blankets before moving in into the garage and closing the door. When some fans attempted to take parts from the car, Andretti Autosport team members chased them down and retrieved the parts. The team then took the car back to its Indy shop to determine whether the car could be repaired. "Weve already worked our crews to death, trying to work with this schedule," said Kyle Moyer, Andrettis director of racing operations. "But well get it done." Initially, officials said Busch would start from the back of the field if he used another car in the race. Series officials later clarified that would not be the case, something that should help Busch. He qualified 12th, the outside of Row 4 on the 33-car starting grid. No driver has won Indy after starting 33rd. What happened? "I was starting to feel comfortable," Busch said. "Thats when I made the mistake of just letting my guard down or settling into that long run-type mentality whereas with an Indy car you have to be on edge. You have to keep track of where you are at all times and the adjustments in the car." Other IndyCar drivers thought Busch may have been done in by his NASCAR roots. "It looked like he just got loose in two and it looked to me like he overcorrected, like you would in NASCAR," Josef Newgarden said. "The thing looked like it almost snapped straight, but then it went in on its side." Here are five other things from practice. NEW LEADER: Though the speed chart from Mondays practice means little because teams were working on race setup in traffic, Newgarden, who drives for Sarah Fishers team was the fastest of the day. His best lap was 227.105 mph. Juan Pablo Montoya, the 2000 Indy winner who drives for Roger Penske, was second at 226.532. Scott Dixon, also a previous Indy winner, was third at 226.433, for Target Chip Ganassi and Russias Mikhail Aleshin was the fastest rookie at 226.371. Aleshin was fourth. ACTING PRESIDENTIAL: NCAA President Mark Emmert got a chance to show a different side at Indianapolis. He opened practice waving the green flag and also got a chance to ride around the track with three-time Indy winner Dario Franchitti, who retired last fall. "That was the best ever," Emmert said. "He (Dario) was always my favourite driver. It was a complete surprise that he was driving it. It was wonderful to chat with him, and of course, ride around the track with him." MARRIAGE VOWS: Long-time Indianapolis 500 fans Cory and Linlee Patterson of Lafayette, Indiana, were married Sunday in one of the Tower Terrace suites. They met speedway president Doug Boles, pole-winner Ed Carpenter. They have attended the past five 500s together. OLYMPIC QUEST: Dallas Robinson and Abe Morlu, who worked with the U.S. bobsled and luge team at the Sochi Olympics, were at the track working with Buddy Laziers team Monday. They met Laziers engineer, David Cripps, at the Olympics and were reunited at the track. Robinson and Morlu worked with the team and took a ride in the 2-seater driven by Mario Andretti. THE SWITCHBACK?: NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman started his career in open-wheel cars. Now the 23-year-old is considering a move back. He would replace Busch in the Coca-Cola 600 if Busch doesnt make it back in time. "I have a love for open-wheel cars and its something that me and my manager Bob Perona have talked about," Kligerman said. "Ive been given a bit of a vacation right now, so Im taking the opportunity as a race fan and a racer to see whats out there and what the possibilities are." Pittsburgh Pirates Gear . 1 overall pick in the draft by the Houston Texans, is recovering from sports hernia surgery. Wholesale Pirates Jerseys .S.-Portugal game on June 22 in the Amazonian jungle city of Manaus. FIFPro, the international soccer players union, had pressed FIFA to avoid the earliest kickoffs in the hottest and most humid weather. https://www.cheappiratesjerseys.us/ . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season.Chris Martin insists Scotland should not fear England as the two sides prepare to meet at Wembley on Friday night. Martin made his first start for Scotland against England in a 3-1 defeat at Celtic Park two years ago and, despite Gordon Strachans side coming into the World Cup Qualifier off the back of a 3-0 defeat to Slovakia, the 28-year-old is in positive mood. International Football: FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifiers November 11, 2016, 10:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass We have got to look at every team as beatable, we cant fear too many, Martin - currently on loan at Fulham from Derby - told Sky Sports News HQ. Everybody has got their strengths and weaknesses and we know its going to be a really tough game.We know the quality they possess week in, week out in the Premier League and their qualifying campaigns over the last few years. Chris Martin made his first start for Scotland against England in 2014. We know its going to be a tough game but there is no reason why we cant go into it and give it a good go and see where it takes us.Martin lasted just 45 minutes of the defeat to England in 2014 and he has warned his international team-mates to be wary of the class Gareth Southgates side possess. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for only £6. Cheap Pirates Jerseys. 99. No contract. They were extremely good on the night. We had just come off an excellent result against Republic of Ireland a few days before and I think it [the England game] was my first start for Scotland and it didnt go too well, he added. Paul Lambert insists Scotland have received a big boost by having Scott Brown available, after he came out of international retirement I was sitting on the bench again by half-time, I didnt get out for the second half, but I remember England being extremely good, they used the ball well and were a threat.We know they have got some top quality players and we are going to have to be on our guard and it will be the same this time around. Also See: Wembley game ideal for Bannan England and Scotland XIs rated Snodgrass: England fans will turn Football LIve on Sky ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.