PINEHURST, N. [url=http://www.cheapnmdsneakersireland.com/adidas-nmd-mens-cheap-irelan d.html]Wholesale Adidas Nmd Mens[/url] .C

in Neues 28.10.2019 03:58
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

PINEHURST, N. Wholesale Adidas Nmd Mens .C. -- The U.S. Open trophy Martin Kaymer won Sunday was all he needed to prove he was anything but a one-hit wonder in the majors, and that the two years he spent trying to build a complete game were worth all the doubt that followed him. As he set it down on the table, Kaymer rubbed off a tiny smudge on the gleaming silver, which was only fitting. Over four days at Pinehurst No. 2, he dusted the field in a performance that ranks among the best. Kaymer set the 36-hole scoring record by opening with a pair of 65s. He never let anyone closer than four shots over the final 48 holes. Equipped with a five-shot lead, he was the only player from the last eight groups to break par. Welcome back, Martin. "You want to win majors in your career, but if you can win one more, it means so much more," Kaymer said after closing with a 1-under 69 for an eight-shot victory over Rickie Fowler and two-time heart transplant recipient Erik Compton. "Some people, especially when I went through that low, called me a one-hit wonder and those things. So its quite nice proof, even though I dont feel like I need to prove a lot to people. But somehow, its quite satisfying to have two under your belt." The 29-year-old German is a forgotten star no more. Kaymer returned to the elite in golf by turning the toughest test in golf into a runaway at Pinehurst No. 2, becoming only the seventh player to go wire-to-wire in the 114 years of the U.S. Open. Only three players finished the championship under par. One guy appeared to be playing a different tournament. "No one was catching Kaymer this week," Compton said. "I was playing for second. I think we all were playing for second." Only a late bogey kept Kaymer from joining Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy as the only players to finish a U.S. Open in double digits under par. He let his putter fall to the ground when his 15-foot par putt on the 18th hole dropped into the centre of the cup, like so many others had this week. Kaymer finished at 9-under 271. His last two wins are the U.S. Open and The Players Championship, with the strongest and deepest field in golf. He never trailed after any round in both of them. "Martin was playing his own tournament," Fowler said after recovering from a double bogey on the fourth hole to close with a 72. This U.S. Open really ended Friday. No one had ever opened 65-65 in the U.S. Open, which broke the 36-hole record that McIlroy set three years ago rain-softened Congressional. When it could have gotten away from Kaymer in the third round, he stayed strong for a stabilizing 72. "He kind of killed the event in the first two days," Henrik Stenson said. "He went out and shot two 65s and left everyone in the dust." He did it again in the final round. Knowing the gallery was against him -- the loud cheers for Fowler, clapping when Kaymers ball bounded over the back of the second green -- he holed a 10-foot par putt, and then drilled a driver on the 313-yard third hole onto the green to set up a two-putt birdie. Fowler, in the final group of a major for the first time, fell back quickly on the fourth hole. He sent his third shot from a sandy path over the green and into some pine trees and had to make a 25-foot putt just to escape with double bogey. "It was probably the toughest day that I played golf today, especially the first nine," Kaymer said. "Because if you have two or three Americans chasing you, playing in America, its never easy being a foreigner. But I said at the ceremony as well that the fans were very fair. But it was a tough one. If you lead by five shots, its not easy. "A lot of people think, Well, you have a little bit of a cushion. But if you approach that day in that way, with that attitude, it can be gone so quickly." No chance on this day. Compton was the only player who really put up a fight. His birdie on No. 8 got him within four shots. Three bogeys in a five-hole stretch on the back nine did him in. Even so, Compton received a standing ovation walking the 18th green. He somehow scratched out a par from 50 yards away against the lip of a bunker. It wasnt the Hollywood script he wanted, but it wasnt a bad consolation -- his first trip to the Masters next April. "Ive never gotten this far along in my story," Compton said. "Im thrilled." Kaymer joined Seve Ballesteros, Ernie Els, Woods and McIlroy as the only players to win two majors and be No. 1 in the world before turning 30 since the world ranking began in 1986. He is the fourth European in the last five years to win the U.S. Open, after Europeans had gone 40 years without this title. Its a rebirth for Kaymer, who reached No. 1 in the world in February 2011, only to believe that he needed a more rounded game. His preferred shot was a fade. Kaymer spent two hard years and a lot of lonely hours on the range in Germany and his American home in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was as low as No. 63 in the world six weeks ago. Now he goes to No. 11. Woods still holds the most dominant U.S. Open win -- 15 shots at Pebble Beach in 2000. McIlroy holds the scoring record at 16-under 268. "Im wondering how he did it," McIlroy said. "Obviously, if you limit the mistakes, you might end up a couple under for the week. But to do what hes doing ... I think its nearly more impressive than what I did at Congressional." Among those who congratulated Kaymer on the 18th green was Sandra Gal, a German player on the LPGA Tour. The U.S. Womens Open takes over Pinehurst No. 2 on Monday. Adidas Nmd Shoes Near Me . The Boston Celtics hadnt played since the All-Star break. So the Suns 100-94 victory over Boston Wednesday night was an uphill affair, with Phoenix relying on balance rather than its trademark high energy. Adidas Nmd Womens Ireland . Kalish got his first hit since Sept. 11, 2012, when he rapped an RBI triple in the first inning Sunday in the Chicago Cubs 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. http://www.cheapnmdsneakersireland.com/yeezy-powerphase-cheap-ireland.html . Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt.MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton stood on the Miami Marlins field Wednesday and scanned a sea of empty seats, mindful the stands look much the same at games.He had just signed a record $325 million, 13-year contract and conceded he wasnt certain he should have agreed to the deal.There was no 100 per cent sure answer, Stanton said. But the decision is made. Once you make your decision, you go all-in with it.The slugger hit the jackpot, landing the most lucrative contract for an American athlete and the longest in baseball history. Stanton accepted the deal after cost-conscious owner Jeffrey Loria pledged to put together a contending team that will finally transform Miami into a baseball town.Stanton and South Florida have heard such talk before.You cant keep saying, Were going to win this year. Were going to do it this year, Stanton said. Im sick of hearing that. Everyone is sick of hearing that. Its doing something about it.At a news conference, Loria said signing Stanton is part of a long-range plan that began with the Marlins most recent payroll purge two years ago.Our goal was to start fresh, Loria said. It wasnt popular, but we had to do it. We wanted to create a long-term system around young players who would build their entire career with us.General manager Dan Jennings said the team plans to pursue multiyear contracts this off-season with several other young players, including right hander Jose Fernandez, centre fielder Marcell Ozuna, left fielder Christian Yelich and shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria.Such deals will be possible for the historically low-payroll franchise only because of the way Stantons contract is structured. He readily agreed to a heavily backloaded agreement, and will make just $6.5 million in 2015, the same as this year. His salary doesnt peak until 2023, when hell make $32 million.The agreement wouldnt have happened without such structuring, team president David Samson said. He said the Marlins anticipate better attendance and a more lucrative TV package will make Stantons contract affordable.Loria wants to be around for the franchise turnaround. His popularity with fans has plummeted in recent years, but he has no plans to sell the team, Samson said.Hes in it with Miami for the long run, because he loves it, Samson said.While Kevin Brown was the first player to break the $100 million barrier in 1998 and Alex Rodriguez became the first to top $200 million just two years later, it took 14 more years to produce baseballs first $300 million man.Stanton did a double take when asked if the amount of deal was embarrasssing to him. Adidas Nmd Mens Clearance. .Embarrassing to me? Not exactly, he said. I know I have a lot of expectations to live up to, which I need to do and am willing to do. This isnt like a lottery ticket. This is the start of new work and a new job. Its a huge responsibility, and one Im willing to take.Stanton took the podium for his news conference wearing a tailored blue suit and a grin, showing no signs of the beaning that ended his season Sept. 11. He hasnt hit a ball since but said hell return to the batting cage beginning in mid-December in his native California.Ill probably take a moment before I get into that box, but itll be good, he said. Im excited for it.The Marlins said theyre not concerned the injuries will have lingering effects.Stanton, who turned 25 on Nov. 8, wasnt due to become eligible for free agency until after the 2016 season. When negotiations on his mega-deal began, Stanton said he was more concerned about the front offices plans for improving the roster than about his financial terms.Despite 154 home runs from Stanton, the Marlins have finished with a losing record in each of his five seasons, including three last-place finishes.They had the contract there, and I put it aside and said, Listen, what are we going to do to make this better? Im financially good for the rest of my life. Great. But Im not coming here to get my butt kicked for 10 hours every day and then going home to a lavish lifestyle. Thats not fun for me.He said he didnt seek advice from players on other teams about whether to accept the Marlins offer.Everyone sees the dollar sign and theyre like, What are you waiting for? No one could relate to how I felt over the years. So I had to do this on my own.Topics of the negotiations included the dimensions at Marlins Park, which Stanton considers too big. The walls are staying where they are in 2015, but the Marlins havent ruled out moving them in eventually.The final hurdle in the discussions was an opt-out clause, which the Marlins accepted and Stanton described as my fail-safe. He can part with the Marlins after making $107 million over the first six years of the deal. It also includes a no-trade clause.In the end, Stanton called the decision to say yes the toughest of his life.This is 13 years, he said. I didnt even go to school for 13 years.He signed the agreement at the start of the news conference, Loria at his side.Im glad to be here for my foreseeable future, Stanton said.The occasion attracted nearly 100 members of the media, a sign interest in the Marlins already is on the rise. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.