od year. Hes hit for more average than he has in the past and had really goo

in Neues 22.10.2019 07:45
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

The situation in the East is simply fantastic for fans of the CFL. Fake MLB Jerseys . All Week 20 games in the East matter as to who is in the playoffs and that’s how you want it to play out. I will be on site at the marque game of the week, Montreal at Hamilton. I am looking forward to seeing Hamilton’s new stadium and the facilities they have for the players and coaches. I can remember when I worked for the Ticats, Jamie Barresi and I shared an office which was fine except for when we had to meet with the players there. The players sat on the floor and watched practice and game film on two TVs we jerry-rigged to play the same video. We had to do this because the room had a weird shape and the guys closest to the exit could not see the big TV. The big TV was actually one I had at my house and had brought in to be able have a bigger screen! I have heard nothing but great things about this new facility that will provide the players with a professional work environment they deserve, looking forward to seeing that. Speaking of Coach Barresi, he is now the head coach of the University of Ottawa, and led them to a 5-3 finish and a first round playoff win over Windsor. He will now come home to Hamilton to take on McMaster this weekend in the second round of the playoffs. I am not sure that this situation has ever happened in the CFL. The Hamilton Tiger-Cats can finish first place, second place, or be eliminated from the playoffs! You don’t often have to prepare your team for all those possibilities within a week. But I think there is a very interesting coaching situation for the Cats, let’s talk about it. Hamilton’s playoff scenario is this: if they beat Montreal by eight points or more they clinch first place; if they win by less than eight points or Toronto loses they earn second place; and if they lose and Toronto wins, they are eliminated from the playoffs. Teams that finish in first place statistically have a greater chance of going to the Grey Cup, so does Hamilton change the game plan to put themselves in first place? I think I would. Let’s say Toronto wins the game Friday and Hamilton is eliminated with a loss, this is the harder scenario. Hamilton starts the game basically down 7-0 to the Als for first place. Do they become more aggressive to make up the point differential and go for first place? Aggressive might be a fake punt or special play on Teams to be able get a few extra offensive scoring possessions. Could it be a more aggressive defensive scheme or pressure package trying to limit Montreal scoring? Third and goal from the two-yard line early in the game, usually you kick the field goal but do you go for it to make up the points to try to get first place? All these things mentioned have a risk that when not executed can hurt your chances of winning the game, which is the ultimate goal for Hamilton because they would be eliminated if Toronto wins. Late in the game this will be employed but early in the game is when it could easily affect the outcome. Certainly late in the game, if Hamilton is up by three, you will see the best of both teams, because Hamilton will actually be trying to drive the length of the field and score a touchdown with the lead. That situation does not happen often. These are the decisions that a head coach must have a good understanding of not only at the end of the year, but at the beginning of the year. In 2009, when I was the offensive coordinator of the Saskatchewan Roughriders we were in the first of a four-game series with an opponent. It was late in the game and we were winning but I called a few more passes and scored a late touchdown. A coach from the other team after the game sought me out on the field and took offence to my offence (funny?) of scoring a touchdown when we could have taken a knee at the end of the game. I looked at him somewhat surprised and said we are playing you four times and there is the very real possibility that we will end up tied at the end of the year and the next playoff tie breaker is points scored. That is why we were scoring points late in the last drive, we don’t know how we will end up, so you assume you will be tied. Points-scored has to be thought of when you play an opponent twice or four times because you could be tied at the end. Playing someone three times, points is not an issue (unless there was a tie) because someone usually finishes 2-1. Back to Hamilton, let’s assume Toronto loses and a loss by Hamilton will not affect their playoff chances, they would have second place locked up no matter what happens in their game. Now you can see the Ticats being aggressive and be ready for anything that can help them score points. No huddle to get more plays, going for it on third down, onside kicks. Mistakes or poor execution of those plays can also hurt your field position which can help Montreal’s opportunity to score, so executing these calls is key. If you have a chance, look up Head Coach Kevin Kelley and the Pulaski Academy in Little Rock, Arkansas, a coach who calls for onside kicks every kickoff and will not punt throughout the season. The guy must be crazy and must lose every game right? A state Championship, a loss in the finals, and a semi-final appearance in three years tells another story. Although some of his data may not correlate with the CFL, he believes on kickoffs the difference in the field position is only about 15 yards if an onside kick is recovered by the receiving team and coach Kelley’s teams recover one out of every three onside kicks which is a turnover, and we know turnovers are one of the most telling stats in winning football games. In the CFL, a failed onside kick would probably be a 30-yard difference in field position which is certainly a reason not to do it every time. Kelley never punts because his philosophy is you have to score more points to win the football game and you cannot score without retaining possession of the football. That is why he will always go for it on fourth down, to keep possession of the ball. So if your team is in a fourth and 3 situation four times in a game and they average 5.5 yards per rush, why not go for it? Kelley believes he will make three out of four conversions and will keep the football. Interesting thoughts and I thought of this philosophy this week to see if the Ticats would employ some of these tactics to get to first place. Either way it will be a great weekend for football, punt or no punt. Fake NHL Jerseys .com) - The Toronto Raptors are paying Rudy Gay a visit on Wednesday night when they head into the Sleep Train Arena to take on the Sacramento Kings. Fake Jerseys For Sale .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. https://www.fakejerseys.us.com/ . That was OK with him. He was just happy his team came away with two points. Letestu redirected Jack Johnsons shot from the point with 2:38 left, lifting the Blue Jackets past the Tampa Bay Lightning 3-2 on Monday night.BALTIMORE - As the Blue Jays wind down what has been, arguably, the most disappointing season in the franchises 37-year history, general manager Alex Anthopoulos addressed the performance, and the future, of the player who has come to epitomize fans disappointment. That player is the catcher J.P. Arencibia. "Offensively has probably been the one area that Im surprised by," said Anthopoulos. "One thing you felt confident was J.P. would be a .700 to .720 OPS guy with some upside to do better than that. Hes always had the ability, hes got power to the opposite field. Hes shown the ability to use all fields and you felt that was probably going to be what the floor was for him. Didnt expect it to go the other way." Its gone the other way, considerably. Arencibia is on pace for the worst-ever offensive season by a Blue Jay with more than 450 plate appearances. His slash line of .194/.229/.365 entering Wednesdays play represents an OPS of .594, a frighteningly low statistic for a player who prides himself on being a run producer and whose 21 home runs are the most hit by any catcher in baseball this season. After hitting eight home runs and driving in 16 runs in April, Arencibia has just 13 homers and 38 RBI since. Since the All-Star break, the catcher has just 23 hits, nine for extra bases. In his last 20 games, Arencibia is just 4-61. Piling on? Thats in the eye of the beholder. The numbers dont lie. "I think hes gotten in a funk," said Anthopoulos. "If you look at the numbers, hes been better than this, obviously, his first two years in the league. There are certain things that you would expect, regardless. The average has always been in the mid to low .200s, definitely not below .200. The power has always been there and hes not a guy thats going to walk much. The OPS, Im expecting it to be .700 to .720, .730 and now being below .600 or, I havent looked in a last little bit. Its just out of character." Arencibia has played through pain in his left knee – attributed to bursitis. Hes lauded for his willingness to log considerable playing time at the games most demanding position. "There was a time when he almost went on the DL but he didnt," said Anthopoulos. "We all know the one thing about him is hes tough. A very durable guy, I know he had the injury last year but hes durable, he plays through a lot of injuries, a lot of pain. Hes never come to us and said that he doesnt … He wants to be in that lineup everyday." Still, the organization knows it must get more production from the catchers spot and defensively, while Arencibia has worked hard to get on the same page with Mark Buerhle, it took both men almost two months to become comfortable with each other. Anthopoulos says its difficult to assess a catchers game calling, due to the number of times a pitcher will shake off signs. He says hes generally pleased with Arencibias pitch framing. "I think it all comes with the territory," said Anthopoulos of the criticism of Arencibias defence. "One, when the team isnt playing well and then, offensively, I think the more you struggle offensively, the more peopple will look at the other parts of your game. China Jerseys. " It appears, at the moment, the club will be all in – or all out – with Arencibia. If Arencibia is back with the Blue Jays in 2014, hell be the starter. Dont expect Anthopoulos to take the platoon route by delving into the market for a veteran catcher who can split the duties. If he signs someone – or trades for someone – Arencibias days in Toronto are likely done. Meantime, A.J. Jimenez, the Jays top catching prospect whos considered a strong defensive player, likely wont begin next season in the big leagues. Hes had only 30 Triple-A at bats and missed most of 2012 and the start of 2013 after undergoing Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. Jimenez finished this season with more arm trouble. "I think I can say this for the entire team: Were going to look to improve anywhere we can," said Anthopoulos. "Thats not to single anybody out. Its all about alternatives." Johnson not healthy Josh Johnson, on the disabled list since August 7 with whats officially listed as a forearm injury, continues to have good days and bad days. He continues to experience pain in his forearm and elbow area while playing catch. Johnson has yet to throw off a mound since going on the disabled list. "Were going to give it as much time as we can and just gather all the information," said Anthopoulos. "I would figure some point in October, well obviously have more information at that time and whatever we do decide or whatever information we have once we have all the information and so on, then well divulge that." Johnson underwent Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery in 2007. Club options Casey Janssen ($4 million;) Adam Lind ($7 million, $2 million buyout;) and Mark DeRosa ($750,000, $250,000 buyout) each have options for the 2014 season. "Anyone that has an option that has had a good year is a very strong likelihood of that option being exercised," said Anthopoulos. So, did Adam Lind have a good season? "Yes," said Anthopoulos. "Obviously, hes given us 22 home runs or whatever its been. I think the numbers overall, I think hes had a good year. Hes hit for more average than he has in the past and had really good at-bats." How about DeRosa? "Yes, I think so, too," said Anthopoulos. "I think, Mark, for what we brought him in for, what the role was going to be, I think hes played well. Offensively, hes had a better year than he did last year and hes been everything and more we expected from a clubhouse standpoint." Bullpen trade chips The Blue Jays have plenty of power arms in the bullpen and maybe enough that one, or more, could be used as a trade chip in the off-season. "Thatll be part of the dialogue we have with clubs that we do feel like we have some depth in the bullpen," said Anthopoulos. "You always want to be careful that you dont make what we perceive to be a strength, a weakness. Because of that depth, we would be open-minded if a deal presented itself to strengthen another part of the club to move a reliever or two." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.