policy allowing countries to replace injured or ill skaters at the Olympic

in Neues 21.10.2019 07:44
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

The rather important matter of three Championship points may be at stake in Saturday lunchtimes FL72 local derby between Derby and Nottingham Forest on Sky Sports, but whenever the fixture takes place it is forever associated with the memory and achievements of one man – Brian Clough. James Bourque Nationals Jersey . Both sets of fans have paid fitting tributes to their iconic title-winning former manager following his passing in 2004. So, ahead of the latest ‘Brian Clough derby’, here is a selection of classic quotes from one of the most charismatic and colourful football characters of them all…Classic Cloughie “The River Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years” – on being the best.Im sure the England selectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, Id want to run the show. They were shrewd because thats exactly what I would have done” – on never becoming England manager.Im loath to confess they could be as good as us. They are brilliant. It sticks in the craw a little bit because nobody likes Arsenal! Of course theres a Frenchman in charge, Wenger, and not many English people like Frenchmen. He is a top, top manager” – on Arsenal breaking Nottingham Forest’s record for 42 games unbeaten. Players lose you games, not tactics. Theres so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes” – on his football tactics.Resignations are for prime ministers and those caught with their trousers down, not for me – on staying the course.I wouldnt say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one – on his standing.Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius - on his ex-player Martin ONeill’s success.If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, hed have put grass up there - on long-ball football.“I’m a little bit of an idealist, I do believe in fairies, and that is my outlook” – on his playing style.“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right” – on listening to players opinions. I only ever hit Roy the once. He got up so I couldnt have hit him very hard – on looking after Roy Keane at Forest.That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You cant keep goal with hair like that” – on facial hair…and ponytales.“The players havent got enough heart to fill a thimble” – on his Brighton side’s 8-2 defeat to Bristol Rovers.“Good managers make good sides. There’s no such thing as a side making a manager” – on lucky players.“Don’s slightly different and his record proves over results that he perhaps is right. But having said that, I want to be like me” – on definitely not being ex-Leeds boss Don Revie. Don’t miss Derby v Nottingham Forest live on Saturday at midday on Sky Sports 1 HD Also See: Championship video Fixtures Table Live on Sky Get Sky Sports Juan Soto Nationals Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. Kyle McGowin Jersey . Since coming to the big leagues in late May, La Stella is 6 for 7 with the bases loaded, driving in 13 runs in those at-bats. https://www.cheapnationals.com/ . Eller scored the midway through the third period after Dallas scored twice to tie it, leading Canadiens to a 6-4 win over the Stars on Thursday night.BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Javier Fernandez of Spain successfully defended his European figure skating title ahead of two Russian rivals despite several small mistakes in the free skate on Saturday. Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Sergei Voronov was second with 252.55 points and Konstantin Menshov had 237.24 in third as neither could challenge the Spaniards lead from the short program. Coming two weeks before the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, the championships offered competitors a chance to assess their preparation. Fernandez, who had an awkward landing after a quad salchow and managed only a double lutz when a triple was planned, said it was essential to eliminate errors to be able to contend for a first Olympic medal. "There are mistakes where you lose points and points and points," said Fernandez, who skated to Henry Mancinis "Peter Gunn" and "Harlem Nocture," a jazz standard. "In a competition like the Olympics, every single point matters." At last years Europeans, Fernandez became the first Spaniard to win a major figure skating title. Plushenko, the Olympic champ in 2006 and a two-time silver medallist, skipped the Europeans but his absence nearly overshadowed the Russian mens trio. One of the biggest figure skating stars of the past 15 years, Plushenko is scheduled to perform a short and a free program behind closed doors for Russian skating officials on Tuesday for a chance to claim the countrys only mens slot at Sochi. Leading up to the Europeans, Voronov and Menshov were mentioned behind Russian champion Maxim Kovtun as contenders ffor the title and the position of Plushenkos main challenger. Austin Voth Jersey. But Kovtun finished fifth here and afterward seemed resigned to his fate. "After the third quad attempt, I understood this wasnt going to happen," Kovtun said. "I dont really know what happened because it was all fine in the warmup and I had a great practice on (Friday)." Voronovs silver was his best result in international competition. Though he won the Russian nationals twice, in 2008 and 2009, his career had stagnated. He refused to speculate about Plushenkos tryout, but made it clear that if he were to be selected by Russia, he was ready for the Olympic challenge. "Of course I want to go, who doesnt want to go to the Olympics?" Voronov said. "Plushenko is an authority in figure skating but we all want to go and there is only one spot. Its not us who decides." Adding to the intrigue, International Skating Union President Ottavio Cinquanta was showered with questions by reporters in Budapest and had to explain at length the ISUs policy allowing countries to replace injured or ill skaters at the Olympics between the team event and the individual events. The team event makes its Olympic debut on Feb. 6, a day before the opening ceremony. With a solid free skate which included two quad jumps, Menshov managed to climb to third overall after finishing 11th place in the short program. "It seems like I always have to overcome some difficulties," Menshov said. The risk of a second quadruple jump in the short program, which he failed to complete both here and at the Russian nationals, made him fall so far behind. "Im not confident on it yet," he said. The Europeans end on Sunday with the pairs free skate. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.