ent Indian Wells tournament he played one doubles match, but then withd

in Neues 17.10.2019 07:26
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- Two-time major champion Li Na pulled out of the Rogers Cup and the U. Mitch Richmond Jersey .S. Open on Thursday because of a knee injury she said has bothered her for several months. The only tennis player from China to win a Grand Slam singles title also withdrew from next months hard-court tournament in Cincinnati. "I wanted to let all of my great fans know that unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from the upcoming WTA events in Montreal and Cincinnati, as well as the US Open," she said in a statement released by Tennis Canada. "Since March, I have been struggling with my knee and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level. My medical team has advised me that I need to take some time off to rest my knee so it heals. "I look forward to getting back on the court this fall in Wuhan and Beijing." Li played in the last four editions of the Rogers Cup. In 2012, she reached the final in Montreal before falling to Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic. As a result of the withdrawal, Eugenie Bouchard of Westmount, Que., becomes the fifth seed at the Aug. 1-10 tournament at Uniprix Stadium. Shell get a first-round bye along with the other top eight seeds. Also Thursday, tournament organizers announced that Yvonne Meusburger of Austria will miss the event and American players Barbora Zahlavova Strycova and Alison Riske will enter the main draw. The official draw will be held Friday and the qualification rounds begin Saturday. Li did not specify which knee was injured, but she played with her right knee taped up at Wimbledon, her most recent tournament. The U.S. Open begins Aug. 25. Li won the Australian Open in January for her second major title. She also won the 2011 French Open. In May, Li lost in the first round of the French Open, beaten by a player ranked 103rd. At Wimbledon in June, Li bowed out in the third round. On Wednesday, 14-time major champion Rafael Nadal announced he hurt his right wrist in practice and would miss the Rogers Cup in Toronto and the Cincinnati event, although he holds out hope of defending his title at the U.S. Open. Bruno Caboclo Kings Jersey . "I honestly dont know," he said. Try this: 20 points, nine assists and seven rebounds by Rajon Rondo, a 62-37 rebounding advantage by the Celtics and a horrible 4-for-30 shooting performance on 3-pointers by the Nets. Tyler Lydon Jersey . Grimes signed a $32 million, four-year contract to remain with Miami. The deal, which includes $16 million guaranteed, rewards Grimes for his recovery from an Achilles tendon injury that forced him to miss almost all of the 2012 season. https://www.kingslockerroom.com/Harrison-Barnes-City-Edition-Jersey/ . - Ryan Spooner scored twice to lead the Boston Bruins to a 6-1 victory over the New York Islanders in a preseason game Friday night.KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Lauren Davis defeated Zhang Shuai of China 6-2, 6-3 at the Sony Open on Wednesday as former U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro withdrew with a left wrist injury. The 20-year-old Davis started 2014 ranked No. 72 and moved up to No. 55. From 1-1 in the first set, Davis jumped ahead to a 4-1 lead. In the second set, Zhang started with a 3-1 lead, but Davis won the next five games to take the match. "Im playing really well and I have a lot of confidence," Davis said. "I think theres a time for everything and I feel like this is my time." Fellow American Christina McHale defeated Zheng Jie of China 6-4, 6-2. Wildcard recipient Victoria Duval didnt fare as well as her fellow Ammericans, losing to Dutch qualifier Kiki Bertens 7-6 (5), 6-1. Buddy Hield Jersey. Del Potro has been troubled by his left wrist since winning the Sydney title at the beginning of the year. At the recent Indian Wells tournament he played one doubles match, but then withdrew from the singles. The 37th-ranked Andrea Petkovic of Germany, a top 10 player in 2011, posted a 6-3, 6-4 win over Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor of Spain. In first round mens action, 80th-ranked Adrian Mannarino of France ousted 71st-ranked Nikolay Davydenko of Russia 6-4, 7-5. Czech Radek Stepanek defeated Daniel Brands of Germany 6-3, 6-0. Ivo Karlovic of Croatia claimed up a tough 7-6 (3), 7-6 (5) win over French qualifier Paul-Henri Matthieu. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.