es for the excitement and the thrill of it, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Sure

in Neues 15.10.2019 07:21
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

FORT WORTH, Texas -- Keenan Reynolds amazes so many people with how he directs Navys triple-option offence and keeps scoring touchdowns. Rob Gronkowski Jersey . As for the quarterback, he is in awe of the company he now keeps after joining the 30-touchdown rushing club in the Midshipmens 24-6 victory over Middle Tennessee State in the Armed Forces Bowl on Monday. "Its huge. You just say the name Barry Sanders and you can stop right there," Reynolds said. "He probably was the greatest college player there was. Just to be even in that conversation with guys like that is a humbling experience. I never thought I would be in that category." Reynolds had a 3-yard score to cap the opening drive for Navy (9-4) and added a 1-yarder in the fourth quarter. Already with the NCAA record for touchdowns rushing by a quarterback, Reynolds upped his total to 31 to match Colorado State running back Kapri Bibbs, also a sophomore, for the national lead this season. The only players with more rushing TDs in a season were Sanders (37) with Oklahoma State, and Wisconsins Montee Ball (33). Reynolds, playing 50 years after Hall of Fame quarterback and two-time Super Bowl champion Roger Staubach won the Heisman Trophy at Navy, still has two seasons left in college. The Midshipmen ran 10 consecutive times on the games opening drive, with Reynolds going 3 yards to put them ahead to stay. "Its hard to simulate on a scout team what Navy does," Blue Raiders coach Rick Stockstill said. Navy, which won for only the second time in its last seven bowl games, piled up 366 yards rushing and finished this season with five straight victories. The Blue Raiders (8-5) were held to a season low in points. They had finished the regular season with a five-game winning streak, averaging nearly 43 points a game in that stretch -- since a 34-7 loss on Oct. 12 at North Texas, about 40 miles away from the TCU campus where the bowl was played. "This was the first time we kept a team completely out of the end zone. It was huge to finish like this," senior linebacker Cody Peterson said. "Last two games, our defence has played phenomenal," coach Ken Niumatalolo said. "Middle Tennessee has been moving the ball against a lot of people." In its previous game, just more than two weeks earlier, Navy beat Army 34-7 in the snow and freezing temperatures in Philadelphia. It was 32 degrees at kickoff on Monday, but with sunny and clear skies. Reynolds lost two fumbles, matching his total during the regular season, Middle Tennessee failed to convert into points either of the miscues. Both fumbles were recovered by linebacker T.T. Barber, the games defensive MVP, after Navy drove inside the 20. Down 10-6 at halftime, the Blue Raiders moved to the Navy 7 on the opening drive of the second half. They went for it on fourth down instead of trying a short field goal. But fullback Corey Carmichael managed only a yard before getting taken down by Travis Bridges and George Jamison, who also had an interception. Middle Tennessee played in a bowl one year after getting snubbed with the same 8-4 record in the regular season. That was in the Sun Belt Conference before moving to Conference USA this season. "Well, last season we didnt get a bowl game. We had something to prove," Barber said. "Having another eight-win season this year was a great accomplishment." Barber forced the first fumble late in the first half, jumping over the quarterback to pounce on the ball. The other came late in the third quarter when the Midshipmen drove from their own 6 to the MTSU 14 after stopping Middle Tennessee short on a fourth-and-2. There was a scary moment in the final minute before halftime when Middle Tennessee receiver Marcus Henry and Navy cornerback Lonnie Richardson each crumpled after a hard tackle. Players from both teams quickly motioned to the sideline, and trainers sprinted to the players. Henry and Richardson were side-by-side on the ground surrounded by their teammates and medical personnel. They eventually sat up, then got up and walked gingerly off the field with help. Richardson was a second-teamer pressed into extra duty after the ejection of senior safety Wave Ryder for a borderline targeting penalty midway through the second quarter. Ryder appeared to make shoulder-to-shoulder contact on the hit of receiver Tavarres Jefferson at the end of a 22-yard gain, but officials upheld Ryders ejection after the automatic review of the play. Drew Bledsoe Patriots Jersey .com) - Thursday marks the official debut of a new dirt racing surface at Meydan Racecourse. Drew Bledsoe Youth Jersey . Ramon, 30, played in a career-high 97 games with the Goldeyes in 2013. He also matched a career-high eight home runs and posted 52 RBI. https://www.patriotssportsgoods.com/Womens-Drew-Bledsoe-Inverted-Jersey/ . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign.San Franciscos Madison Bumgarner can further cement his status as the best postseason pitcher in the game on Sunday, as he tries to move the Giants to the brink of their third title in five years against Kansas City in a pivotal World Series Game 5 at AT&T Park. Its going to be a good battle, San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said. But well say the fact that hes had his normal rest, I feel a lot better, to be honest. Bumgarner gave up one run over seven innings to beat the Royals in Game 1. His only mistake was a two-out home run to Royals catcher Salvador Perez in the seventh inning, which ended his MLB-record scoreless innings streak on the road at 33 2/3 frames. It was also the first run he had surrendered in three World Series starts, spanning 21 innings, dating back to 2012. Bumgarners 3-1 with a 1.40 ERA in five starts this postseason and hes also won all three of his World Series starts with an 0.41 ERA. His six straight postseason starts of seven-plus innings with seven or fewer baserunners is also an MLB record. His only loss this postseason, though, came at AT&T Park. I feel as good as Ive felt all year right now, which is fortunate for me, said Bumgarner, who has thrown 256 innings this season. There had been a report that Bumgarner demanded to start Saturdays Game 4 on three days rest, which also could have made him available for a potential seventh game, albeit again on short rest. Everyone refuted that on Saturday, though. It sounds like Im trying to run the team, which Im certainly not, Bumgarner said. It doesnt make any sense to me why that would happen. I never said anything to anyone about anything. We knew that was an option, and I prepared where I would be ready for Game 4 or 5 or any of them. Thats just ridiculous. Regardless, Bochy stuck with Ryan Vogelsong, who lasted only 2 2/3 innings, but San Francisco bailed him out and evened this best-of-seven series at two games apiece, as Pablo Sandoval knocked in the go--ahead runs with a single in the sixth inning and the Giants scored seven unanswered runs in an 11-4 win. Sony Michel Womens Jersey. The Giants banged out 16 hits, including 13 singles in the win. Joe Panik hit two of their three doubles, driving in two runs. Hunter Pence also doubled and finished with three hits and three RBI and Gregor Blanco singled twice and scored three times. Even reliever Yusmeiro Petit (1-0), who threw three scoreless innings for the win, contributed to the total, becoming the first relief pitcher in 23 years with a hit in the World Series. Everybody did something to contribute, said Bochy. Omar Infante had a two-run single in a four-run third inning for the Royals, who won the previous two games, including a 3-2 victory in San Francisco on Friday. Oh, man, somewhere inside of me, secretly I had hoped that it would go seven games for the excitement and the thrill of it, Royals manager Ned Yost said. Sure looks that way. On Sunday, Kansas City will turn to its ace, James Shields, who has been anything but Big Game James this postseason, pitching to an 8.05 ERA in four starts.. Shields was able to record just nine outs against the Giants in Game 1, as he was banged around for five runs and seven hits in four-plus frames. He is now just 1-3 with an 8.26 ERA in six playoff outings since 2010. Youre always working, Shields said. I dont think Ill ever stop working until Im done playing baseball. ... We went into the bullpen, fixed a few things mechanically, and hopefully it translates into the game. And Im sure it will. I feel really good. This is the 44th time that the World Series has been tied 2-2. Of the previous 43, the winner of Game 5 has gone on to win the Series 28 times (65.1 percent), but interestingly, just four times in the last 11 occasions. These teams actually met in the regular season, as the Royals completed a three-game sweep at Kauffman Stadium. Game 6 will be played on Tuesday at Kauffman Stadium. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.