on a striking clinch en route to a fifth-round TKO victory. Though

in Neues 14.10.2019 07:25
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

NASHVILLE, Tenn. Stitched Reds Jerseys . - Tennessees Jake Locker practiced on Wednesday but his status for this weekends game against Houston remains unclear.Locker left practice without stopping for his weekly meeting with the media. Coach Ken Whisenhunt says the quarterback didnt take questions because the Titans will know more about his status Thursday.He did pretty much everything, Whisenhunt said of Locker. Hell be listed as limited just because I dont want it to flare up tomorrow and be an issue, but he did a lot today.Whisenhunt wouldnt compare how much Locker practiced Wednesday compared to a week ago. Locker threw Tuesday with the Titans wanting to see the quarterback throw in consecutive days. Locker has missed two straight games with an injured right thumb, and Whisenhunt says he doesnt want Lockers thumb to flare up Thursday and be an issue.Locker wasnt the only quarterback who didnt talk to reporters. Charlie Whitehurst, who has started three of the last four games, also wasnt available. Rookie Zach Mettenberger wasnt in the locker room while it was open to media.Houston reporters asked Whisenhunt on a conference call Wednesday if the Titans are making a quarterback change to Mettenberger, and the coach said he didnt know where such talk was coming from.Nothing has changed from our quarterback situation, Whisenhunt said.The Titans have been trying to be patient with Locker, who has nine games left on his contract. The eighth pick overall in 2011, Locker has missed 17 of a possible 39 starts since being named Tennessees starting quarterback because of various injuries.Texans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick started nine games with Tennessee last season before being cut in March, and now hes the starter in Houston. He remains friends with Locker and said its unfortunate that the Titans quarterback is dealing with more injuries this season.Everybody knows how hard he works and how tough he is, Fitzpatrick said. A couple of unfortunate things here and there that happened this year. Its just one of those things that happens in the game of football. You get dinged up. I just know that if he can be on the field, hell be out there.But Locker has finished only three games this season. With the Titans at 2-5 having lost five of their last six games, fans wanting a reason to show up for home games have been calling for Tennessee to start Mettenberger to see if the rookie could be this franchises quarterback to speed up rebuilding.Whisenhunt said Monday that Mettenberger had practiced some with starters the previous two weeks because of Lockers injured thumb.Ive worked with all three of them, Titans receiver Kendall Wright said. I like what I see with all of them, so whoever they go with I think well be good. At the end of the day throughout practice, we catch passes from all of them.Notes: RB Shonn Greene (hamstring) returned to practice after missing the last two games and was limited along with DE Ropati Pitoitua (left hand) and TE Taylor Thompson (right knee). CB Coty Sensabaugh (right knee) and LB Quentin Groves (ankle) did not practice.___Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Reds Jerseys 2020 .com) - Carmelo Anthony scored 31 points with eight rebounds to lead the New York Knicks to a 92-80 win over the Los Angeles Lakers. Cincinnati Reds Store . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. https://www.cheapredsjerseys.us/ . The 30-year-old Moore played in 13 games for the Saints last season, catching 37 balls for 457 yards and two touchdowns.Demetrious Johnson knows he only has so many years left to ply his trade in the fight game. Though hes merely 27 years old — and has already firmly etched his name in the record books as the inaugural UFC flyweight champion — Johnson is ready to entertain opportunities outside the octagon. In doing so, he hopes to take a page from womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey by filming movies between bouts. "Ronda Rousey was in The Expendables 3, then she fought Miesha Tate, then she did Entourage and now shes doing Fast & Furious 7," Johnson told UFC.ca during a phone interview. "So shes found the perfect balance in her career. "I mean, who knows, I might be a horrible actor. The only way to find out is if you try it." Johnson admitted his desire to explore the silver screen is at least partly due to his lengthy layoff between fights. The 125-pound kingpins most recent outing saw him deliver one of the most vicious knockouts of 2013, when he starched Joseph Benavidez with a beautifully-timed right hook in December. He now looks to net his fourth consecutive title defence when he meets heavy-handed striker Ali Bagautinov in the main event of UFC 174 in Vancouver, B.C. June 14. Johnson said he could easily jump from a film set back into full-time training without missing a beat. "I think Im ready for it," said Johnson. "I could go act for maybe two months and then Ive got another four months to get ready for a fight, which is way more time than I need. So theres a lot of downtime between my fights and it doesnt hurt to look into doing different things. "Obviously there werent a lot of No. 1 contenders in the division with me beating Joseph, John Dodson, John Moraga and Ian McCall. So there wasnt a No. 1 contender. I think the UFC wanted to put me on ice a little bit. I fought three times last year — thats more than any other champion recently." Though growing his name value is a big motivator, Johnsons key focus remains providing for his family. This past July, he and his wife, Destiny, welcomed their first-born son, Tyren. Of course, should Mighty Mouses star continue to rise, further stability for his loved ones will surely follow. Johnson said he hasnt let the pressures of fatherhood encroach upon his duties as champion. "My wife is a stay-at-home mother and she does a fantastic job watching my son while Im training," Johnson said. "She knows how important my training is when Im getting ready for my fights. So it hasnt really changed a lot. Obviously when Im out of the gym and at home Im hands-on with my son and spending time with family. Other than that, it really hasnt changed. "Obviously you want to train your butt off. That way you can make good money and provide for them. Other than that, its my career and Ive been doing it for a long time now. So now having anotherr mouth to feed makes it a little more serious, but I try not to let the emotion of that get to me. Cincinnati Reds Pro Shop. I try to go out there and do my best." When it comes to establishing himself as a draw in mixed martial arts, UFC 174 could represent a watershed moment for Johnson. The card marks his first time headlining a pay-per-view event. Thankfully for Johnson his name has been bolstered by three stunning performances on FOX cards in 2013. On top of knocking out Benavidez, he topped Dodson in a thrilling war and dispatched Moraga with a slick fifth-round armbar. Johnson feels his showings on FOX will translate to pay-per-view buys, but said his biggest concern is simply getting the job done against Bagautinov. "I just try not to think about it and let it happen naturally," said Johnson. "Obviously this is my first pay-per-view and I hope it sells very well, but at the end of the day Im just going to go out there, fight and compete. Hopefully people want to tune in and watch me fight. Its going to be a great fight. Ali Bagautinov is a great fighter and is coming off a three-fight win streak in the UFC." A talented Combat Sambo fighter, Bagautinov has been on a tear since debuting with the UFC in September. Following an impressive TKO victory against Marcos Vinicius, he secured consecutive decision wins over Tim Elliott and John Lineker to earn a flyweight title shot. Johnson said he and Bagautinov will give fans their moneys worth. "Hes a great fighter and always comes ready to fight," Johnson stated. "He has great wrestling and hits hard. Hes ready to try and take my title. Its going to make for a good fight because I dont go down easy. I dont go down without a fight and I think that right there is good enough for people to tune in." ----- The mixed martial arts world is still buzzing following newly-crowned UFC bantamweight champion T.J. Dillashaws spectacular upset over Renan Barao. Despite being a heavy underdog going into UFC 173 this past Saturday, Dillashaw put on a striking clinch en route to a fifth-round TKO victory. Though many were shocked by Dillashaws dismantling of Barao, UFC flyweight titleholder Demetrious Johnson was hardly surprised by the outcome. "I knew Dillashaw was going to bring a fight like that," Johnson told UFC.ca. "Thats how Dillashaw fights all the time. Dillashaw, out of the Team Alpha Male guys, hes one of the best fighters. He puts it together very well with the wrestling, feints, movement, angles — he does that all very well. So I kind of knew when he was going in to fight Renan Barao that it was going to be a great fight. I knew T.J. was going to bring the fight to him. "Youve seen with Renan Baraos last opponents they kind of wait back and respect him, but I knew T.J. was going to go fight him. Youve seen it in all his previous fights." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.