d list Sunday with a cut on his right index finger. "I thought we were de

in Neues 10.10.2019 08:05
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Nationals are grateful to be done with A. Air Max 200 Australia .J. Burnett for the season, and by the end of this weekend, they will be through with the pesky Philadelphia Phillies. At that point, Washington will have cleared two significant roadblocks in its pursuit of the NL East title. Burnett scattered six singles over seven innings, Ryan Howard had two RBIs and the last-place Phillies beat Washington 3-1 Saturday to secure their first winning season against the Nationals since 2010. Dominic Brown homered for the Phillies, who have won five straight against the division leaders and hold a 10-8 advantage in the series that ends Sunday. So what is it about the Phillies that proves so troublesome to Washington? "Over the last five it hasnt been good for us," Nationals manager Matt Williams conceded. "Its been a case of them pitching really well against us, Burnett especially." The 37-year-old Burnett (8-15) allowed one run, struck out four and walked two. He improved to 4-2 with a 3.57 ERA in six outings against Washington this year. "Hes a good matchup against our guys," Williams said. "He seems to throw strikes against us. His walk total against us is certainly lower than the other teams he faces. Its one of those things in baseball." Burnetts 80 walks are most in the majors, but against Washington this season hes got 33 strikeouts and just 15 walks. "He just goes out there and pitches well," Nationals left fielder Bryce Harper said. "He locates. He mixes it up a lot. I got some pitches today I thought I could hit and missed. Thats something you just got to tip your cap to. So be it." It was Burnetts 400th career start. The right-hander lost his previous six road starts, and his only three wins since June 20 are all against Washington. "I was able to make pitches at the right time," Burnett said. "Threw a lot of balls in there for strikes. Important that I stayed ahead in the count, especially against that lineup." Ken Giles worked a perfect eighth and Jonathan Papelbon got three outs for his 35th save. Tanner Roark (12-10) allowed three runs and six hits in six innings for Washington, striking out eight and walking one. He has lost his last three starts. "Felt good, felt like I was commanding both sides of the plate," Roark said. "Everything was sharp." On most nights, his numbers would translate to a victory. Not this time. Not against the Phillies. "Just one of those things," Roark said. "Were still in first. We cant really think about that at all." The Nationals finished with seven hits, all of them singles, ending their streak of 13 straight games with a home run. Before the game, Williams said he would take a closer-by-committee approach while struggling Rafael Soriano attempts to correct some mechanical flaws that have attributed to his 6.98 ERA since the All-Star break. Williams offered no guarantee that Soriano would return to the closers role. Burnett hit the first of four Philadelphia singles in the third inning. The last, by Howard, provided the Phillies with a 2-0 lead and increased the sluggers team-leading RBI total to 91. A sacrifice fly by Anthony Rendon made it 2-1 in the fifth, but Philadelphia got the run back in the sixth when Brown drove a 3-0 pitch into the Nationals bullpen beyond the right-field wall. Roark faced one more batter before being pulled. "It all started with a base hit by the pitcher," Williams said. "He threw Howard a curveball he hit into right field. And the 3-0 homer. Other than that he was pretty good." UP NEXT Their current records dont show it, but the starting pitchers in Sundays series finale -- Washingtons Gio Gonzalez (7-9) and Philadelphias Cole Hamel (8-6) -- rank third and fourth among NL lefties in wins over the last three seasons. Gonzalez has 39 and Hamels has 33. TOTAL RECALL After going deep into the bench during Fridays 11-inning defeat, the Nationals recalled OF Michael Taylor and RHP Ryan Mattheus from Triple-A Syracuse. Both played for Washington earlier this year. Nike Air Max Plus Australia . While Chelsea stayed two points behind leader Arsenal courtesy of Etoos hat trick, seventh-place United slipped 14 points from the summit this weekend. And the gap from the Champions League places is growing as well, with Liverpool six points ahead in fourth. Air Max 97 Australia Cheap . -- The Vancouver Whitecaps remained unbeaten with a scoreless draw at the New England Revolution on Saturday. http://www.outletairmaxaustralia.com/air-max-95-buy-australia.html . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. PITTSBURGH -- Jean Machi has been playing professional baseball in the United States since 2002 when he pitched for the Philadelphia Phillies team in the rookie-level Gulf Coast League. Yet the beefy right-handed reliever, now with the San Francisco Giants, had never been asked to bunt until the 13th inning Monday night. Not only did he successfully execute get the bunt for a sacrifice, but caused Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Jared Hughes to rush a wide throw to first base. The error enabled Hunter Pence to score from second base and give the Giants an 11-10 victory. "I saw (Hughes) got a late break off the mound and slipped and I knew I had to run hard," Machi said through a translator. "I was excited because I did my job. They wanted me to move the runners up and I did that." San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said he was confident the 6-foot, 255-pound Machi could bunt despite the lack of experience. "Looks are deceiving in his case," Bochy said. "Hes a lot more athletic than he looks." San Francisco overcame a six-run deficit to run its winning streak to a season-best six games and also win for the 10th time in 11 games while sending the Pirates to their 18th loss in 23 games. Hughes (1-1) came on to start the 13th with the score tied at 10. With one out, he walked Pence and hit Juan Perez with a pitch to put runners on first and second base. Machi (5-0) then dropped down his bunt and wound up tied for the major league lead in victories with three starting pitchers: the Los Angeles Dodgers Zack Greinke, St. Louis Adam Wainwright and Torontos Mark Buehrle. Giants backup catcher Hector Sanchez had four hits and three RBIs, while Buster Posey, who got a day off from catching and played first base, had three hits, three runs scored and two RBIs. Pence finished with three hits and scored four times and Angel Pagan also had three of San Franciscos 20 hits. Michael Morse drove in two runs with a pair of doubless. Cheap Nike Air Max Australia. Posey forced extra innings when his RBI single in the ninth off Mark Melancon tied it at 10. Machi pitched two scoreless innings and Sergio Romo worked the 13th for his 10th save. "Its just one of 162 games and at the end of the day its about playing hard, playing to the end and never giving up," Pence said. The Pirates Andrew McCutchen had four hits and Pedro Alvarez homered and drove in four runs. Pittsburgh went ahead by six runs, 8-2, after scoring four times in the fifth inning but couldnt hold on. Pittsburgh starter Jeff Locke, recalled from Triple-A Indianapolis earlier in the day, allowed six runs in 5 1/3 innings. The Pirates needed a spot starter after their rotation was scrambled last week by back-to-back rainouts in Baltimore. Six Pirates relievers gave up four runs in 7 2/3 innings and Bryan Morris let all three inherited runners scored when he relieved Locke. "Well, it basically got to our location not being good," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said of his bullpens struggles. "We were up in the zone more than we normally are." San Franciscos Yusmeiro Petit allowed eight runs in 4 1-3 innings. He started in place of Matt Cain, who was placed on the disabled list Sunday with a cut on his right index finger. "I thought we were dead in the water," Bochy said. "It was one of the grittiest games Ive been a part of in this group." NOTES: Bochy is confident Cain will make his next scheduled start Saturday against the Dodgers at Los Angeles. ... San Francisco 1B Brandon Belt, who entered in a 2-for-29 slump, did not start but went 1-for-2 with a walk off the bench. ... Pittsburgh RHP Jason Grilli played catch for the second time in three days but there is no timetable for when the closer, who is on the DL with a strained left oblique, will be able to throw off a mound. ... The Pirates optioned RHP Casey Sadler to Indianapolis to open a roster spot for Locke. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.