MALAGA, Spain -- Malaga eased to a dominant 2-0 win at home over Villarreal on Monday to take a big step toward ensuring both i

in Neues 08.10.2019 07:39
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MALAGA, Spain -- Malaga eased to a dominant 2-0 win at home over Villarreal on Monday to take a big step toward ensuring both its place in Spains topflight next season and coach Bernd Schusters job. Cheap China Jerseys . Malagas stout defence limited Villarreal to just one shot on goal, even after the host went down to 10 men for the final 15 minutes when Nordin Amrabat was shown a direct red for vehemently protesting to the referee. Roque Santa Cruz chipped the ball over goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo from a tight angle to open the scoring in the sixth at La Rosaleda Stadium after the striker was played through by Samuel Sanchez. Amrabat then used his pace to race down the left side and waited for Sergi Darder to arrive unmarked in a second wave before he crossed for the midfielder to fire in their second goal in the 53rd. "Perhaps this was our most well-rounded game of the season," Schuster said. "We played well from the first to the last minute. We werent much better than Villarreal, but we controlled them throughout." After struggling early in Schusters first season in charge, Malaga has come on late and has won five of its last eight games to escape the fight at the bottom and climb into 10th place with four rounds to go. The team is not only playing to avoid a last-minute relegation battle. Schusters job at the Costa del Sol side may depend on the side holding onto a top-10 finish. The German managers contract includes a clause that he can be fired if they finish in 11th place or lower. "It has been a difficult year for everyone, and with these three points we can breathe easier," Schuster said. "This was a key day. We have lifted a weight off us. Now, with less pressure, we can improve." Villarreal forward Giovani Dos Santos returned from a four-week injury layoff when he went on as a second-half substitute. Villarreals loss left it in seventh place and holding onto the last Europa League berth, seven points ahead of Valencia. Atletico Madrid leads the league by four points over Barcelona. Real Madrid is another two points behind but with an extra game to play. Wholesale China Jerseys . - Their offence is underperforming. Stitched China Jerseys . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night. https://www.chinajerseysreview.com/ . The Brad Jacobs team from Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., advanced to Fridays championship game with a 10-6 win over Chinas Rui Liu in the semifinal. ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Matt Dominguez took no offence when the Angels intentionally walked a .247-hitting catcher so they could pitch to him in the seventh inning of a tie game. After all, playing for the Houston Astros these days is filled with all types of indignities. On the very next pitch, Dominguez took a swing that thrilled his family and capped the Astros best week in a long while. Dominguez hit a tiebreaking three-run homer in the seventh inning, and Houston won back-to-back series for the first time in nearly two months with a 7-5 victory over Los Angeles on Sunday. Dominguez tied his career high with four hits in his native Southern California, while L.J. Hoes had his first career homer among his three hits in the major league-worst Astros fourth win in six games. Dominguez homered after Angels reliever Juan Gutierrez (0-4) walked Carlos Corporan, and the Astros hung on to their seventh win over Los Angeles this season. "They just wanted a matchup, I think," said Dominguez, a San Fernando Valley native who left 15 tickets for family. "He hung the slider, and I got it good. Feels good. I guess they had confidence they could get me out more than they did Carlos. Thats how baseball is. No hard feelings or anything. Ill just go up and try to do what I can." Slowly, the young Astros are getting things done. They scored 20 runs while taking two of three games at the Big A, winning with offence after a pitching-dominated series earlier in the week in Oakland, where they also took two of three from the Athletics. "At some point, were going to start to get our breaks," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "Were swinging the bats real well, and were getting good starting pitching." Brett Oberholtzer (3-1) blew an early three-run lead, but pitched six effective innings during Houstons sixth win in seven games at Angel Stadium. He gave up seven hits and struck out four in his fourth major league start, even retiring nine of his final 10 batters after Hamiltons tying homer. Oberholtzer attributes the Astros recent success to "staying loose. I think were playing with a little swagger, a little confidence about ourselves." Thats in short supply for the Angels (55-68), who have lost 11 of 16 and 23 of 34 -- yet Houston (41-82) is still 14 games behind Los Angeles for fourth place in the AL West. Mike Trout had two hits for the Angels before leaving in the sixth inning with rightt hamstring tightness. China Jerseys Review. Josh Hamilton homered and tripled for Los Angeles to follow up his extra-inning homer Saturday night, while Mark Trumbo drove in three runs and hit his 28th homer late in the Angels sixth loss in eight games. "Its frustrating losing to anybody," said Hamilton, who delivered his 19th homer. "It doesnt matter who it is. If it was the Yankees in here today, or the Rangers, it would be just as frustrating. Its one of those things where youre playing a team with that kind of a record, but you dont want to relax or take anything for granted. Im not saying that were doing that, but some years, some teams have your number. Thats how it goes." Trout went 2 for 3 with a third-inning double, but left the game after flying out in the fifth. The Angels All-Star outfielder reached base for the 40th straight game, extending the majors longest current streak. "Its all right. Im just sore," said Trout, second in the AL at with a .333 average. "Its not like it popped or anything. It was just a little grabbing, so it shouldnt be too serious. ... Ill see how it is tomorrow. I came out just because I didnt want it to get worse. Its definitely frustrating when you cant be out there. For me as a speed guy, Ive got to take care of my legs." Houston boosted its lead to 7-3 in the eighth on Jose Altuves sacrifice fly. Trumbo trimmed the deficit with his two-run shot to left off Jordan Lyles, the Astros scheduled Monday starter, who pitched 2 1-3 innings of relief before leaving with two runners on in the ninth. Rookie Kevin Chapman got pinch-hitter Peter Bourjos to ground into a game-ending double play, earning his first career save. Jason Vargas recovered from an awful beginning to his first home start in two months to pitch into the sixth for the Angels, allowing seven hits -- all in the first three innings. The left-hander walked three and struck out three in his second start since returning from injury. Hoes homered in his 19th major league game, drilling a one-out shot in the first inning. NOTES: Lyles unexpectedly made his first relief appearance of the season. Porter said RHP Lucas Harrell will start the series opener at Texas on Monday night. ... Dominguez also had four hits July 31. ... Hamiltons triple was his first since May 21. ... Gutierrez, who made his major league debut with Houston in 2007, struck out four during his 1 2-3 innings. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.