PHILADELPHIA -- Rajon Rondo is starting to feel like his old self -- and the Boston Celtics are starting to win again. [url=http

in Neues 29.09.2019 03:00
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

PHILADELPHIA -- Rajon Rondo is starting to feel like his old self -- and the Boston Celtics are starting to win again. Stitched Nike MLB Jerseys . Rondo had eight points, 11 assists and nine rebounds in his eighth game back from a serious knee injury, and Jeff Green scored 17 of his 36 points in the third quarter in the Celtics 114-108 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night. "Its only a matter of time before we got on the same page," Green said about Rondo. "He puts me in my spots, gets it to me in the open floor. He sees the floor very well. Hes helping me get into a good rhythm. I have to continue to make sure I get open for him." Jared Sullinger had 19 points and 10 rebounds for Boston. The Celtics improved to 17-33, winning their second straight game after losing 19 of 22. Rondo had 19 points and 10 assists in Bostons win over Orlando on Sunday. "Im getting back to my old self," Rondo said. "Im not there yet but Ill take the progress." Brandon Bass had 18 points for the Celtics, 2-6 since Rondos return. Thaddeus Young had 20 points, and Tony Wroten added 18 for Philadelphia. The 76ers (15-35) have lost four straight and 14 of their last 17 games. They also have lost six in a row at home for the first time since the 1996-97 season. Spencer Hawes added 13 points and 13 rebounds for Philadelphia and Lavoy Allen had 10 points and 10 rebounds. Sixers coach Brett Brown noticed the difference in the Celtics with an effective Rondo. "Hes their compass," Brown said. "Hes a great point guard and a leader." Green scored 13 straight points during a 2-minute stretch in the third quarter, capped by a 3-pointer that gave the Celtics their biggest lead to that point, 83-71 with 3:44 left. Boston coach Brad Stevens credited Rondo for helping Green succeed. "He made a lot of shots and Rondo found him a couple of times early," Stevens said. "His job is simplified with Rajon out there. He pushed the tempo better than Ive seen him in the first eight games. He got us a lot of good looks. His greatest strength is he makes everyone else better and thats really shown true the last two games." Said Rondo: "Everybody needs easy buckets, especially a guy (Green) whos that talented and athletic. All he needs to do is see it go through a couple of times, get to the free-throw line. He gets hot quick." Wroten made a 58-footer at the buzzer to cut it to 88-82 entering the fourth. Philadelphia got as close as three points in the final quarter on Wrotens two free throws with 8:35 left but never got closer. The Sixers had a chance to get it to two points, but Evan Turner missed a baseline jumper with 1:13 left, and Sullinger converted a three-point play on the ensuing possession off an assist from Rondo with 59.4 seconds left to give Boston a 112-105 advantage. "He made a ton of good decisions and some huge plays late," Stevens said about Rondo. The Boston point guard, who is still getting into game shape, also got some help from his teammates. After going down at one point, Bass resuscitated a winded Rondo. "Nothing was wrong," Rondo said. "I was winded. He brought me back to life a little bit. Those guys pick me up. Whoever hits the floor helps each other up. Were a team and thats what they did on that particular play." The Sixers havent won since last Wednesdays buzzer-beating 95-94 win at Boston. Notes: Philadelphia guard Michael Carter-Williams was selected the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for January. It was the second honour for Carter-Williams, who also was recognized in November to join Allen Iverson as the only Sixers to earn the award multiple times. Carter-Williams averaged 16.5 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists last month. ... Sixers guard James Anderson (back contusion) left in the first half but returned after halftime. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . When the next inning rolled around Wednesday, though, Nationals manager Matt Williams sent Strasburg to the mound to face the top of the Dodgers order in what would become a 3-2 victory for Washington, the first time this season the No. MLB Jerseys From China .Y. -- That hangover from the Big East tournament is gone for Villanova. https://www.mlbjerseys2020.com/ . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season.PHILADELPHIA - Canadian teenage forward Cyle Larin tops an intriguing crop of soccer talent available in an MLS SuperDraft that should see Canadian teams, with five of the first 13 picks, figure prominently.Orlando City SC picks first Thursday at the Philadelphia Convention Center, followed by fellow expansion team New York City FC, Montreal, San Jose and Portland.With three picks apiece in the first round, Toronto FC (six, nine and 11) and Sporting Kansas City (10, 12 and 20) will be busy whether they decide to trade selections or not.The Vancouver Whitecaps go 13th.The ball is now in Orlandos court. They have done their homework on Larin and seem more than comfortable with the young forward. Its a question of can anyone persuade them to part with the pick.Its a big day. We have the No. 1 spot, said Orlando assistant coach Mark Watson, who left more than a few marks as a hard-nosed Canadian international defender in his day. You hope to get a player of real quality.Having said that, he acknowledged its harder these days for any young player to make an immediate impact in the league.Midfielder Kyle Bekker is the highest Canadian pick in the MLS draft to date, going third overall in 2013 to Toronto. Like Larin, Bekker played for the Sigma FC academy in suburban Mississauga growing up.The draft atmosphere ramped up considerably Wednesday as coaches and GMs arrived from the MLS Combine in Florida. Coaches like Seattles Sigi Schmid and Chicagos Frank Yallop wandered through a downtown hotel lobby filled with delegates to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America convention.While UConns Larin and University of Washington midfielder Cristian Roldan have been singled out by many as the cream of the 2015 draft class, there are plenty of interesting prospects with players moving up and down as a result of the Combine. UCLA midfielder Leo Stolz, winner of the Missouri Athletic Clubs Hermann Award as the top NCAA mens player, will be an interesting risk-reward pick given the German-born Stolz is reportedly looking to start his career in Europe.There are a lot of players out there who can play in this league if you give them a chance, said Toronto GM Tim Bezbatchenko.I think theres a lot of talented players, added Toronto coach Greg Vanney. Im not sure if in this draft you have the one that really jumps out and says, Im going to change a team in a year or in this current season.With all three Canadian teams looking to field USL Pro teams this season, there are more minutes to go around for drafted players.Underclassmen Larin, Roldan, University of Central Florida forward Romario Williams, Syracuse University goalkeeper Alex Bono and North Carolina State defender Conor Donovan are especially attractive because their Generation Adidas contracts do not count against the salary cap.Notre Dame midfielder Nick Besler, younger brother to Sporting Kansas City defender Matt Besler, is one of 12 college seniors to have signed MLS contracts ahead of the draft. Those deals offer one year of salary cap relief.Coaches and GMs can be circumspect ahead of the draft, not wanting to tip their hand.But count Canadian national team coach Benito Floro as a believer in Larin, having already given the teenage striker three caps.The 19-year-old from Brampton, Ont., is fast, versatile, good on the ball and has a good head on his shoulders. He has some interesting qualities and a lot of desire to continue to grow as a player and serve the Canadian mens national team, Floro said in Florida at the Canadian team camp. He could be a good forward and striker.Larin will be busy on draft day. Hes in Jamaica with the Canadian under-20 team, which is slated to play El Salvador on Thursday at the CONCACAF U-20 Championship. Wholesale MLB Jerseys. feel excited, he said in Jamaica. Im just ready to start my career in Major League Soccer and hopefully one of the teams will pick me and I can start my career in a good environment and I cant wait to just start playing.There is plenty of defensive help available with Bezbatchenko, for one, a believer that history has shown young defenders can make their mark quickly in the league.Canadian Skylar Thomas (Syracuse) joins Donovan, U.S. under-23 international Ramon Martin Del Campo, Tim Parker (St. Johns), Boyd Okwuonu (North Carolina), Oumar Ballo (UMBC), Aaron Simmons (California) and six-foot-seven Swede Axel Sjoberg (Marquette) as worthwhile options at centre back.And there is some fullback talent available too with Canadian Jordan Murrell (Syracuse), Otis Earle (UC-Riverside) and Andy Thoma (Washington) among others.Montreal has moved to bolster its defence with the additions of Bakary Soumare and Victor Cabrera after the departure of Matteo Ferrari and Heath Pearce. But Frank Klopas, head coach and director of player personnel, has shown a penchant in the past for drafting defenders and could do so again. A forward is also an Impact option.With just veteran Steven Caldwell and sophomore Nick Hagglund left at centre back, Toronto needs depth on the backline. Help at right back is needed, although coach Greg Vanney seems content with Ashtone Morgans ability behind Justin Morrow at left back.And while TFC has options in midfield, it has yet to sort out its best alignment.Bono, with his Generation Adidas deal, is also an attractive option in goal for a Toronto team looking to increase competition at every position.Vancouver, with a well-balanced squad, is looking for depth. Whitecaps president Bob Lenarduzzi believes the 13th pick can net a player who can help right away, maybe not as a starter but certainly in the roster of 18. Other midfielders to watch include Fatai Alashe (Michigan State) and Dan Metzger (Maryland) with Jaineil Hoilett, younger brother of QPR attacking midfielder Junior Hoilett, a Canadian option.Forward talent includes Larin, Williams, Khiry Shelton (Oregon State), Andy Craven (North Carolina), Miguel Aguilar (San Francisco), Dzenan Catic (Davenport) and exciting Jamaican Akeil Barrett (Tulsa). Theres also Sagi Lev-Ari (Cal State Northridge) who has served time in the Israeli military. With Gilberto, Luke Moore, Robbie Findley, Jordan Hamilton, Bright Dike and possibly Jozy Altidore, Toronto already has an array of forwards.Weve got a good forward crew, Vanney said. So I think we need guys who can set them up and get them into good position to score goals.That search continues outside the draft with Juventus attacking midfield/forward Sebastian Giovinco and Real Betis defender Damien Perquis identified as targets.Toronto believes it is getting the equivalent of a top-five pick in Michigan State midfielder Jay Chapman, who is expected to get homegrown player status soon for TFC.Toronto has eight picks in the four-round draft which will see Rounds 3 and 4 take place Jan. 20 by phone. Vancouver has seven selections and will be looking for some diamonds in the rough with five picks in the lower two rounds.Other than its first-round pick, Montreal has a third- and fourth-round selection.Notes: Orlando City has traded forward Jairo Arrieta to D.C. United for an international roster spot. That gives Orlando 11 such international spots. Arrieta came to Orlando from the Columbus Crew via the expansion draft. ... U.S international midfielder Maurice Edu, who started his MLS career in Toronto, has signed a new deal with the Philadelphia Union.———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.