le has also been separating east coast from west coast. While

in Neues 28.09.2019 05:41
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Memphis Grizzlies might have all summer to think their dismal effort Thursday night. Cheap Jerseys From China . The Grizzlies could have closed out the Thunder at home, but Oklahoma City jumped on them from the start and rolled to a 20-point victory. Now, Memphis must play Game 7 on the road Saturday without scoring leader Zach Randolph and possibly point guard Mike Conley. Randolph was suspended for punching Steven Adams in the jaw late in Game 6. The Grizzlies had no comment on the NBAs decision after landing in Oklahoma City, according to team spokesman Jason Wallace. Conley strained his right hamstring in the loss and is struggling to recover. Memphis backup point guard, Nick Calathes, is out for the series because of a drug suspension, meaning No. 3 point guard Beno Udrih will likely carry more responsibility against Russell Westbrook and Reggie Jackson, two of the quickest point guards in the NBA. Conley said Friday that he plans to play, but he expects to be sore. "Me being banged up, youre going to have to ask more out of different guys, see a lot of guys step up," he said. "Were still excited and confident going into tomorrows game, regardless of injuries and how last nights game went." Memphis coach Dave Joergers team has dealt with injuries and lineup changes all season. Tony Allen missed 27 games this season, Marc Gasol 23 and Conley nine. Kosta Koufos and Ed Davis will likely fill Randolphs minutes. "This is it," Joerger said. "Whatever you want to say about the season, its all come down to one game. Certainly, for us to have the best chance to win, we have to play better than we did last night." Even with the issues the Grizzlies face, nothing has been certain in this matchup. The home team has won just twice in a series that has featured four overtime games. Thunder star Kevin Durant said Game 7 is like playing in the NCAA tournament. "You dont have no other option but to win," he said. "You cant get the game back. Its Game 7. You have to be ready to go." The teams have met in the playoffs three of the past four years. Oklahoma City beat Memphis in seven games in the 2011 Western Conference semifinals. "I remember the feeling afterward, and I dont want to repeat that," Gasol said. If the Grizzlies cant control Westbrook, a repeat is possible. Westbrook, who at times has played recklessly in the series, scored an efficient 25 points on Thursday and engineered an offence that shot 49 per cent. His willingness to set up his teammates helped Durant score 14 points in the first quarter. "He was really mindful of looking for guys and finding guys early, picking and choosing his spots well," Durant said. Durant bounced back from his recent struggles with 36 points and 10 rebounds in Game 6. He made 6 of 10 shots in the first quarter Thursday night to set the tone and went 11 for 23 from the field. "Kevin just came out with a different kind of assertiveness last game," Oklahoma City guard Caron Butler said. "He was just real precise and he was vocal." The Grizzlies said they cant allow Durant to get going like that again or their season might be over. "We have to be better at finding him," Allen said. "We understand what he wants to do. Weve just got to be the aggressors on the defensive end. We understand coming into this series, hes going to be an MVP-type player, and we just have to be ready." Thunder coach Scott Brooks, who rarely makes lineup changes, started Butler at shooting guard over Thabo Sefolosha in Game 6. Butler, a better offensive threat than Sefolosha, helped space the floor and opened lanes for Durant and Westbrook. Brooks said Butler will remain in the starting lineup for Saturdays game. Brooks also played Adams more than usual in Game 6, and he responded with five blocks in 21 minutes on Thursday. Brooks said Adams earned the increase in playing time with his hard work in practice and his improvement throughout the season. The game could come down to tempo. In Games 1 and 6, the two matchups with a quicker pace, the Thunder won by double digits. Memphis turned the other four games into slower-paced, grind-it-out overtime battles and won three of them. "It makes for great storylines, but it comes down to playing good basketball," Brooks said. "Executing on both ends, making shots along the way, just continuing to play together and understanding that theres going to be some runs by either team that you have to stay focused and stay together through, and just being committed to what we want to do each possession." Fake China Jerseys . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. Wholesale Authentic Jerseys . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http://www.jerseyscheapcustom.com/ .com) - Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri is expected to miss the next two weeks because of a thigh injury.The last time Rory MacDonald fought in Vancouver, things didnt exactly go as planned. The B.C. native immediately turned heads in a thrilling bout with future interim welterweight champ Carlos Condit at UFC 115 in 2010. Though MacDonald was ahead on the judges scorecards going into the final round, he succumbed to Condits relentless ground-and-pound with only seven seconds left on the clock. While he may have come out on the losing end that night, MacDonalds performance established him as a young fighter to watch. Over the past four years hes largely lived up to the hype, making the leap from prospect to contender. Now that hes poised to make his Vancouver return against Tyron Woodley in the co-main event of UFC 174 Saturday, MacDonald said he has grown both as a fighter and a person. "I was an inexperienced fighter at that point, it was a very big fight and I got a lot of response (from fans)," said MacDonald of his bout with Condit. "So it was a tough, but good learning experience for me as a martial artist and a UFC fighter to deal with that pressure and perform under it. "Since then Ive had a lot of big fights. Ive been able to deal with it great since then. So I see no difference going back there and fighting there again." Though MacDonald has since etched his spot in the welterweight title picture, consistency has been a problem. If he has struggled in one area, its been the frequency within which hes competed. Since joining the UFC roster in early 2010, hes managed only two fights per year due to a variety of injuries. MacDonald has attributed many of these to over-training and not knowing when to dial back his efforts. However, MacDonald appears to have found his groove as of late. His scrap with Woodley not only marks his second of 2014, but also his fourth in the past 12 months. MacDonald said hes finally hit thhe right balance. Fake Jerseys 2020. "In a years time Ive been very busy and Ive been focused," MacDonald said. "My trainings been good. Ive been training very smart and been able to stay healthy. Obviously there are some injuries that are out of your control, but others are in your control and I think its just up to your experience as a martial artist. You know, growing up in your training and seeing what works for you. Im starting to figure out a rhythm that works for me. "I understand how to warm my body up, how to spar more technically and put less stress on my system. Its been a combination of a lot of things." MacDonald said a big piece of the puzzle has also been separating east coast from west coast. While in Montreal and New York, hes 100 - percent focused on training. However, after each fight, he spends time with family and friends back in B.C. The Tristar fighter said this allows him to recharge his batteries. "I take a month back home after my fights," MacDonald stated. "After all the hard training, I relax, but I also stay busy and stay active. I go into the gyms where I used to train with all the people that I know. I work with them — nothing crazy; just once a day. I spend my time there and enjoy it with family. It makes me happy. When I come out to Montreal and New York, I focus on my training and I feel energized." With his training formula firmly in place, MacDonald said he cant wait to put on a show in his home province. "It feels great," MacDonald began. "I love fighting in Canada and being in Vancouver is even better because after the fight Im right at home. I get to see my family and I dont have to fly anywhere. I also get a lot of recognition there from the fans. "Its going to be a very exciting night. Im very much looking forward to it." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.