he most All-Star votes among the Western

in Neues 27.09.2019 05:23
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

WINNIPEG -- New Winnipeg Jets coach Paul Maurice had a message for the team after they swarmed the Phoenix Coyotes on Monday night. Fake Jerseys From China . "I went in and talked a little bit about what I saw, congratulated them on facing some tough adversity and winning, thanked them, and then proceeded to cancel the day off that they had tomorrow," he said after the Jets 5-1 victory that snapped a five-game losing streak. "It was good enough tonight but we cant rely on that being good enough in our next game. Weve just got to get better." It was his first night behind the bench after taking over from Claude Noel, who was fired as the Jets struggled lately to beat even teams below them in the standings. The Coyotes (21-15-9) dont fit into that category although they too have struggled recently after a strong start. They opened the season at 14-4-4, have gone 7-11-6 since and Monday was their third loss in a row. "It cant get much lower and we have to get better," said captain Shane Doan. "It seems that we find new ways (to lose) every time. We havent really had an issue with discipline so far this year with penalties and this time we did. You cant create much offence when youre shorthanded." Phoenix handed the Jets eight power plays, although with one of the worst records in the NHL with the man advantage Winnipeg only managed to capitalize on one of them. Fans who have been booing the lacklustre play of the home team lately were on their feet cheering and clapping for much of the game. They didnt even wait until the game started to show how they felt about the coaching change. Maurice got his first cheer during the national anthem when his face showed on the scoreboard. "Its a whole lot nicer being on the home bench when you win Im sure, but it was a very special moment for me in my career and Ill cherish it," said the coach. Olli Jokinen, Eric ODell, Blake Wheeler, Michael Frolik and Devin Setoguchi scored for the Jets (20-23-5), who outshot the Coyotes 38-19. Oliver Ekman-Larsson scored for Phoenix but it was the only shot Ondrej Pavelec would let in and he won praise for his play from his new coach. "I felt safe with him," said Maurice. Ekman-Larsson scored on the power play at 12:16 but the Coyotes didnt have much time to celebrate. "They did the one thing that we had talked about," said Maurice. "That when adversity came to the door, that next goal was huge." Jokinen batted a behind-the-net pass from Dustin Byfuglien past Mike Smith at 12:52 to tie it up and then ODell scored his second of the season as he dashed in to snap in another at 18:00. Thanks to four power-play opportunities the Jets outshot Phoenix 12-7 in the first period but both their goals were even strength. Winnipegs power play is ranked 25th in the NHL. The Jets kept up the pressure in the second until Wheeler backhanded Mark Scheifeles rebound past Smith to make it 3-1. At the halfway mark of the period the Jets had outshot Phoenix 9-1. They finished the game ahead 38-19. Frolik made it 4-1 at 4:18 of the third when his angled shot beat Smiths glove. Winnipegs power play continued to be toothless until midway through the third when Setoguchi dropped to one knee as he slammed one past Smith and Byfuglien picked up his second assist of the night. "To a man we did a good job of being ready tonight and playing the right way," said captain Andrew Ladd. "I thought we did a good job of getting a lot of pucks to the net and keeping it simple." Setoguchi, who broke a goal-scoring drought that stretched back to Dec. 2, couldnt say whether the coaching change made the difference. "I think everyones work ethic was there and thats what gave us a chance to win the game," he said. Notes: This was only the third time the new Jets have played the old Jets since the Atlanta Thrashers moved to Winnipeg, but with realignment they face each other twice more this season as part of the Western Conference. Stitched Jerseys . The veteran fighter will be squaring off with Henderson in a five-round lightweight bout as part of another network televised card at the United Center on Saturday night. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/ . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout.CHICAGO -- Kobe Bryant is riding a bike. Thats about all he can do right now, so hes trying not to think about when he might be able to play again for the Los Angeles Lakers. Bryant broke a bone in his left knee Dec. 17 at Memphis while playing his fourth game in five nights, likely sidelining the superstar guard for six weeks. The injury against the Grizzlies occurred in his sixth game back after he missed the start of the season while recovering from a torn left Achilles tendon. The pair of injuries for the 35-year-old Bryant raised questions about whether he would ever return to his previous form. But he said Monday night he had no doubt he would play at a similarly high level again. "There was before I came back the first time because I didnt know how my Achilles was going to respond to playing and changing directions," Bryant said before the Lakers played the Bulls in Chicago. "The game in Memphis I had a pretty good feel for it, getting back to being able to do what I normally could do. I feel confident about it. I did play that second half on a fractured leg and played pretty well. I feel pretty good about my chances." But the rehab from the knee injury has been slow going so far. The 15-time All-Star said he is limited to mostly bike work right now and any talk of a return is up in the air until he returns to the court. "Try not to think about it too much," he said. "Just go day to day." Playing without Bryant and Steve Nash, the Lakers had lost 12 of 15 heading into the game at Chicago. But Los Angeles had won two in a row since a six-game losing streak, with Nick Young and Kendall Marshall helping fuel the mini-recovery. The Lakers still face a long road back to contention in the loaded Western Conference, especially with their injury issues. Nash is out with a back problem, and the team also is missing guards Jordan Farmar (torn left hamstring), Steve Blake (torn elbow ligament) and Xavier Henry (right knee bone bruise). Fake Jerseys. "It just makes it harder," coach Mike DAntoni said of playing without two of the teams biggest stars. "Youre not quite as good as you were when you had the guy. The biggest thing is how to finish games off because you know where youre going if theyre on the floor. Youve got to figure that out." Henry could return soon. He is expected to step up his rehab work when the Lakers practice Wednesday in Miami. Even with his limited action, Bryant remains one of the most popular players in the league. He had the most All-Star votes among the Western Conference guards when balloting was announced Jan. 9. The fan voting was set to close Monday night, and the starters for the Feb. 16 game in New Orleans will be announced on Thursday. "Ive always looked forward to playing in All-Star games. Its always something thats been a huge honour," Bryant said. "With that being said, I havent played. I think some of the other guys who have been out there performing and playing well and are All-Star worthy should be the ones out there playing." Bryant isnt taking anything for granted in his 18th NBA season, especially with his injury problems over the last two years. All the time on the sideline also has provided more perspective on how the game has changed since he was a rookie in the 1996-97 season. "Its much, much less physical," he said. "Some of the flagrant fouls I see called nowadays makes me nauseous. You cant touch a guy without it being a flagrant foul. I think some of that are some of the negatives Ive seen change. But theres positives, too." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.