For awhile it looked like video-game baseball: The Winnipeg Goldeyes just kept hitting and running and scoring and it didnt matt

in Neues 26.09.2019 02:58
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

For awhile it looked like video-game baseball: The Winnipeg Goldeyes just kept hitting and running and scoring and it didnt matter who was pitching, the Kansas City T-Bones couldnt stop them. Shoes Black Friday Deals 2020 . When the dust (pixels?) cleared at Shaw Park on Thursday night, the Goldeyes had set a team home record with 25 hits – 20 of which were singles – and blasted the T-Bones 18-10. Ray Sadler belted a homer and had three hits, while Reggie Abercrombie, Casey Haerther and Donnie Webb each had had four hits and Brock Bond, Luis Alen and Ryan Pineda all had three-hit nights. Pineda and Bond each had three RBI, while Sadler, Haerther and Alen had two each and Webb and Kuhn had one each. The Goldeyes scored two runs as a result of wild pitches and another on a passed ball. Sadler, Abercrombie and Bond each scored three runs while Kuhn, Haerther, Webb and Alen all scored twice. With the victory, the Goldeyes swept back-to-back series at home from the Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks and Kansas City. The Goldeyes have now won eight straight games (seven straight at home), 11 of their last 12, are 31-14 on the season and remain at least 6 1/2 games ahead of Fargo and the St. Paul Saints in the race for first in the American Associations North Division. "Ive been struggling, so Im just trying to put a good swing on the ball," said Sadler. "I havent been getting many of my pitches to hit. During this series, it seems theyve been busting me inside all the time so on the home run, I just looked for something inside then tried to get my hands in and put a good swing on it. I didnt know it was out when I hit, but when I heard the crowd, thats when I knew." After going down one-two-three in the first, the Goldeyes opened it up in the second. Sadler led off with a solo homer and then Donnie Webb singled, Abercrombie singled, Brock Bond singled and Luis Alen singled to drive in Webb. Then Pineda singled to drive in Abercrombie and Bond. Tyler Kuhn was safe on a fielders choice and then Haerther singled to drive in Alen. A passed ball then scored Kuhn and the Goldeyes had put up a six spot in the second. The Fish scored one in the third as Pineda drove home Bond and then, in the fourth, Winnipeg added three more as Haerther singled, Sadler singled, Abercrombie singled and Bond singled to drive home Haerther and Sadler. Alen then singled to drive home Abercrombie. The Goldeyes scored two more in the fifth with three straight doubles: With one out, Haerther doubled, Sadler doubled to score Haerther and Webb doubled to score Sadler. In the eighth, the Goldeyes added six more runs. The T-Bones scored five in the sixth off Winnipeg starter Nick Hernandez and five in the ninth off reliever Kyle Bellamy. Hernandez (5-0, 3.88 ERA) picked up the win for Winnipeg, while K.C. starter Kyle Devore (2-2, 4.37 ERA) suffered the loss. There was no save, but Taylor Sewitt threw 2.2 innings of outstanding scoreless relief for the Fish. The Goldeyes will now head out onto the road for a three-game series in Fargo. Matt Jackson (6-2, 2.98 ERA) will get the start on Friday night for Winnipeg. Fargo manager Doug Simunic has yet to name his starter. Fridays game can be heard live with Steve Schuster at the microphone beginning with the pre-game show at 6:30 p.m. on The Jewel 101 (100.7 on your dial). The Goldeyes will return home to open three-game series with the Sioux City Explorers next Tuesday night. It will be the first game of a homestand in which the Goldeyes will play 11 games in nine days. China Shoes Black Friday . -- D.A. Points was disqualified Friday from the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am for using a training device while waiting to play the 18th hole at Pebble Beach. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/ . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget.HALIFAX - Rory (Ares) MacDonald has shown his championship credentials. Now he stands in the UFC wings, waiting for his title shot.The 25-year-old welterweight took full advantage of his first UFC main event Saturday night, stopping former Strikeforce champion Tarec (Sponge) Saffiedine at 1:28 of the third round of a televised Fight Night card.It was a clinical finish after two strategic rounds that saw bursts of activity from the two fighters.MacDonald, ranked No. 2 among welterweight contenders, clipped Saffiedine with a right to the back of the head and then felled him with a powerful left uppercut. A turtled Saffiedine was finished on the ground by seven piston-like punches, with referee Herb Dean stepping in to save the American-based Belgian.Saffiedine, ranked ninth, was left dazed and bloody on the canvas.MacDonald (18-2) used his size and reach — and ability to control distance — to blunt Saffiedines considerable kickboxing skills.Tonight I felt at my best, he said after the fight, clad in a stylish suit and his face largely unmarked. I was really flowing out there.As he did in previous 2014 wins over Tyron (The Chosen One) Woodley and Demian Maia, MacDonald negated his opponents skills. Saffiedine, a dangerous fighter, did not look threatening.Man, I dont really have an excuse, said Saffiedine (15-4). I came prepared, I had a good camp. I was mentally ready, physically ready.Now MacDonald awaits UFC 181 on Dec. 6, when champion Johny Hendricks defends his title against No. 1 contender (Ruthless) Robbie Lawler.Despite losing via split decision to Lawler at UFC 167, MacDonald says he doesnt care who wins in December.I just want to fight the best man. Whoever, he said.Whoever it is, MacDonald — a native of Kelowna, B.C., who fights out of Montreal — seems the logical choice to face the winner.I really dont see anyone else, he said. Ive beat some really good guys this year. ... Hopefully the UFC takes notice and puts me in that title fight so I can bring it back here to Canada.I feel like the natural step is the title shot, he added. The 170-pound title used to belong to Georgges St-Pierre, who trains with MacDonald in Montreal. Wholesale Shoes Black Friday Free Shipping. St-Pierre vacated the title last December, saying he needed time away from the sport. He has yet to decide whether he will return.While only 25, MacDonald has been fighting in the UFC since January 2010. Now 9-2 in the UFC, he has had to wait his turn.Overshadowed by the iconic GSP, it took him 11 fights to get a main event. A fighter who rarely betrays his emotions, he has taken a zen approach to MMA.I wait and see how everything turns out, he said. Ill reap the benefits later, win or lose.While not one to wear his heart on his sleeve, MacDonald banged his chest when the fight ended Saturday and finally flashed a smile when his hand was raised.Should MacDonald continue his winning ways, one wonders what might happen if St-Pierre decides to come back. UFC boss Dana White has already said GSP could return to a title bout.The two teammates said in the past they wouldnt fight.But while GSP returns from knee surgery sustained training during his hiatus, MacDonald keeps getting better. Against Saffiedine, MacDonald landed 47 of 111 attempted significant strikes for a success rate of 42 per cent (he averages 43 per cent), according to FightMetric. Saffiedine was good on 42 of 136, (30 per cent, well below his average of 50.7 in Strikeforce, fourth-highest in the organizations history).The six-foot MacDonald is a big, well-rounded welterweight. He is both hard to take down and good at taking his opponents down.MacDonald comes across as somewhat cold because of his single-minded focus when it comes to fighting. But Saturday night he paid tribute to his fan support both in Canada and beyond the borders.Its a huge thing for me and all fighters to be recognized for our hard work and what we put on the line when we step in there, he said. It takes some sort of bravery.Its nice when people acknowledge that and are appreciative of what we do.The soldout crowd of 10,782 at the Scotiabank Centre deserved kudos for their enthusiasm and stamina. The main event ended at 2 a.m. local time.Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.