have left on the table that we have not accomplished."

in Neues 23.09.2019 05:27
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Colorado is in the mix for one of the top playoff seeds in the Western Conference, and first-year coach Patrick Roy thinks the Avalanche are one of the NHLs biggest surprises. Kyrie Irving Shoes For Sale . Tyson Barrie scored a tiebreaking power-play goal with 7:10 left in the third period, and the Avalanche beat the Chicago Blackhawks 4-2 on Tuesday night for their third straight win. Colorado reached the 40-victory mark faster than any team in franchise history. It also improved to 3-1 against the Blackhawks this season and moved within one point of the Stanley Cup champions for second in the Central Division. "Our objective at the start of the season was to surprise the world of hockey," Roy said. "Today, I guess were making it even more interesting. Were one point behind these guys with one game in hand." Barrie got open in the left circle and one-timed Erik Johnsons perfect cross-ice feed high past Corey Crawford on the glove side. It was Barries second game-winner against Chicago this season, following an overtime goal against the Blackhawks on Jan. 14. "He put it right in my wheelhouse and I was able to get everything on it," Barrie said. "You always want to put it upstairs. I was lucky to beat Crawford there." Paul Stastny completed the scoring with an empty-netter with 32.6 seconds left. Rookie Nathan MacKinnon got an assist on Stastnys 20th goal, extending his point streak to 12 games, tying Wayne Gretzkys record for an 18-year-old set in 1979-80. Barrie scored for the second straight game as Colorados defencemen continued to contribute offensively. The Avalanche got four goals from defencemen in a 6-3 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday. Ryan OReilly and Maxime Talbot also scored for the Avalanche, who are 17-6-1 since New Years Eve. OReilly has three goals and three assists in his last four games. "I think we know what weve got in here," Barrie said. "Weve got a great group of guys. Its a lot of fun to play." Ben Smith and Jonathan Toews scored for Chicago, which was without veteran forward Marian Hossa. Toews has three goals in his last two games. Hossa left Saturday nights 5-1 victory over Pittsburgh at Soldier Field with an upper-body injury and is expected to miss two to three weeks. Brandon Saad moved up again to take Hossas spot on the right side of Chicagos top line with Toews and Patrick Sharp. The Blackhawks outshot Colorado 38-21, and Chicago coach Joel Quenneville thought that statistic reflected the play on the ice for most of the game. "I think we outchanced and outplayed them," Quenneville said. "I didnt like any of the goals that went in tonight. It was one of those games." Chicago also lost ground to St. Louis, which beat Tampa Bay 4-2 and is all alone in the Central lead, three points behind Anaheim for the top spot in the conference. "We lost a lot of ground," Quenneville said. "A four-point swing." Chicago and the much-improved Avalanche could meet in the opening round of the playoffs under the NHLs new alignment. "I would say 80 per cent, if not 90 per cent, said at the beginning of the year the Avalanche will miss the playoffs," Roy said. "Its not done yet, but were certainly in good shape right now." Colorados Semyon Varlamov made 36 saves. Crawford had 17 stops in the Blackhawks first game at the United Center since a 3-1 loss to Winnipeg on Jan. 26. The Blackhawks outshot Colorado 11-3 in a scoreless first period, but didnt generate many prime chances. Talbot put the Avalanche in front 2:49 into the second when he got his stick on Johnsons low shot from the right point. Positioned in the right circle, Talbot barely ticked Johnsons wrister, but it was enough to direct the puck between Crawfords pads. The Blackhawks turned up the pressure after falling behind, outskating the Avalanche and forcing turnovers. Varlamov helped keep Chicago off the board with several sharp saves, including point-blank stops on Toews and Peter Regin. Smith and Chicagos solid fourth line tied it at 1 with 3:08 left in the second. Capping some work along the boards with Brandon Bollig, Smith cut into the left circle and fired a shot past Varlamov with Avalanche defenceman Jan Hejda screening. OReilly snapped off a low shot from the right circle that slipped between Crawfords pads at 1:23 of the third to put Colorado ahead 2-1. Toews replied with a power-play goal at 7:17. After slipping to the right side of the net, Toews took Sharps feed and fired it past Varlamov to complete a slick passing series. NOTES: The Blackhawks acquired D David Rundblad and D Mathieu Brisebois in a trade with Phoenix before the game. Rundblad will join the Blackhawks and give them eight defencemen on the roster. Brisebois will report to Rockford of the AHL. Chicago parted with a second-round selection in this years draft to complete the trade. ... Crawford wore his black leg pads against Colorado. His favourite set, custom white models, disappeared from Soldier Field after Saturdays game. Cheap Kyrie Irving Shoes .J. Mayo made seven three-pointers and scored 25 points, Ersan Ilyasova added 20, and the Milwaukee Bucks placed seven players in double figures in a 130-110 rout of the Philadelphia 76ers, who lost their 11th straight game on Monday night. Kyrie Irving Shoes Free Shipping . He was 26. Edwards, the Supercup Championship leader, was in the passenger seat as an instructor for a private training session at Queensland Raceway at Willowbank, outside Brisbane, Porsche Motorsport said. https://www.cheapshoeskyrieirving.com/ .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August. REGINA -- Two years ago, GM Brendan Taman went outside the box to find a new head coach for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. On Thursday, he rewarded Corey Chamblin with a contract extension through the 2017 season after leading the Riders to just the fourth Grey Cup title in franchise history. "I went with my heart and some people may viewed it outside the box but I knew we had the right guy," Taman told reporters at a news conference. "Corey brings is a lot of things to the table I was looking for when we were hiring a head coach for this organization. "Hes knowledgeable, hes very confident, he can deal with people which is very important as a head coach, hes got a very very good ability to put a very good coaching staff together. The last two years weve been able to do that and were going to have another one this year and I think thats a huge credit to Corey." Taman hired Chamblin, then Hamiltons defensive co-ordinator, following the 2012 season after Saskatchewan posted a league-worst 5-13 record. The Riders finished third in the West Division with an 8-10 record in Chamblins first season, losing 36-30 to Calgary in the conference semifinal. Last year, Saskatchewan won eight of its first nine games before suffering four straight losses. The Riders finished the regular season with an 11-7 record -- second only to Calgary (league-best 14-4 mark). After dispatching B.C. 29-25 in the West semifinal, the Riders upset Calgary 35-13 to advance to the Grey Cup game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Before a rabid Mosaic Stadium gathering of 44,710, the Riders capped their season by downing Hamilton 45-23 for their first CFL title ever on home soil. "It was great for Brendan to think outside the box," Chamblin said of Taman. "He talks about making that decision from the heart, well, I coach from the heart and I thought that was a good match for us." The countrys sports editors and broadcasters rewarrded the Riders for their accomplishment by voting them The Canadian Press Team of the Year for 2013. Kyrie Irving Shoes Outlet. And in February, Chamblin was also named the CFLs coach of the year. And now, Chamblin has a deal that gives him the long-term security often sought by a pro football head coach. But Chamblin isnt about to rest on his laurels. "Its not something for us to sit back and say, Yeah, hey, this is what weve done," he said. "I think the biggest thing it does is it gives us a chance to work together to continue something. "We dont want to be one and done. Theres a lot of things that I think we still have left on the table that we have not accomplished." Chamblin heads into his third season having amassed a 19-17 regular-season record. Hes also 3-1 in the playoffs, including the Grey Cup victory. But hell have a much different team to coach in 14. Running back Kory Sheets -- the Grey Cup MVP -- and veteran slotback Weston Dressler both signed NFL deals with Oakland and Kansas City, respectively. Among the other players no longer with the Riders are defensive tackle Keith Shologan (Ottawa, CFL expansion draft), defensive back Craig Butler (Hamilton, free agent), running back Jock Sanders (Calgary, free agent), receiver Kierrie Johnson (Ottawa, free agent), linebacker Abraham Kromah (Hamilton, free agent) and punter Ricky Schmitt (B.C., free agent). However, Taman said one of Chamblins biggest strengths is his ability to communicate with players. "One of the main things we wanted was to have a head coach who was able to walk into this lockerroom and get the message across to the players," he said. "Corey does a very good job of that, obviously. "Whether the message is good or bad or indifferent, he gets it across. He also brings a definite passion to win, hes driven to win on a daily basis. He wakes up every day with ideas and knowledge to try and improve this team." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.