The Minnesota Wild hope to push the Western Conference series to the limit on tonight when they host the Chicago Blackhawks in G

in Neues 23.09.2019 03:25
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

The Minnesota Wild hope to push the Western Conference series to the limit on tonight when they host the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 6 from Xcel Energy Center. Yeezy Schuhe Größentabelle . The Wild entered this best-of-seven series as heavy underdogs against the defending Stanley Cup champions and fell behind 2-0 in Games 1 and 2 in Chicago before evening the set at 2-2 on home ice. The Blackhawks, however, regained the upper hand in the series with a victory in Sundays Game 5 and will try to punch another ticket to the Western Conference finals tonight. You can catch all the action live on TSN and TSN GO at 9pm et/6pm pt. A victory tonight would give the Blackhawks, who also won the Cup in 2010, their fourth trip to the third round in six seasons. Chicago, of course, is trying to become the first team to win consecutive Stanley Cup titles since Detroit pulled off the repeat in 1997 and 98. Chicago posted a 2-1 decision in the Windy City to grab a 3-2 lead. Jonathan Toews registered the winning goal early in the third period and Corey Crawford stopped 27 shots to put the Blackhawks one win away from the West finals. Bryan Bickell also scored and Patrick Sharp contributed a pair of assists for the Blackhawks. "The whole game, the whole series has been very tight," Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville said. "I thought we showed more determination in the puck area tonight." In order to end the series in six games, the Blackhawks will have to become the first road team in this postseason to win at Xcel Energy Center. Minnesota is 5-0 in St. Paul in the 2014 playoffs and last lost a postseason game on home ice when Chicago won Game 4 of last springs opening-round series. The Blackhawks went on to win that set with a Game 5 victory on home ice. "We definitely would like to finish it there," Chicago forward Marian Hossa said of Game 6. "We know how hard it is to play in their building and we know we have to be better than we were in the last three games." If Minnesota is able to stay perfect at home on Tuesday, the clubs will meet Thursday at the United Center for a decisive Game 7. Erik Haula picked up the lone tally for the Wild on Sunday, while Ilya Bryzgalov made 26 saves in defeat. "We had a pretty good start, first period, but then I thought we got soft in our game," Wild head coach Mike Yeo said. Minnesota grabbed a 1-0 lead on Haulas goal with 3:27 left in the first, but Bickell tied it with a power-play goal around the midway point of the second period. The score stayed 1-1 until Chicagos captain delivered the eventual game-winner early in the third period. Chicago took a 2-1 lead with 4:33 played in the third. Hossa kept control of the puck behind the Minnesota cage and drifted from the right side back to the left before dishing into the circle for Sharp. His try to the net was furthered by Hossa, then Toews fended off a Wild checker at the right post and backhanded the rebound home. Crawford backed up the tally by stopping all 14 Minnesota shots in the final 20 minutes. Bryzgalov was called to the bench with 1:47 on the clock, and Crawford endured some close calls on crease rushes by the visitors before the buzzer. "It (stinks) to lose a game like this, and obviously when you lose, youre frustrated, youre mad," Yeo said. "But I think theres been enough in this series where we should feel confident still. That said, we also recognize that wed better be ready." Minnesota dressed defenseman Skip Prosser in place of Keith Ballard, who departed Game 4 with an upper-body injury after being checked from behind by Blackhawks forward Brandon Bollig. Ballard is questionable for Game 6, as is forward Matt Moulson, who sat out the last two games due to an unspecified lower-body injury. Bollig sat out the first of his two-game suspension levied on Saturday and will complete the ban tonight. Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw missed a fourth straight game Sunday with a lower-body injury he suffered in the series opener. He expects to sit out again on Tuesday. Ultra Boost Billig Kaufen . - The Raiders have released guard Mike Brisiel after two disappointing seasons in Oakland. Nmd Schuhe Großhandel . Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor. http://www.yeezyschuhe.de/nmd-schuhe-deutschland/nmd-r1-kaufen.html . -- The Grand Rapids Griffins scored three goals in 33 seconds of the second period en route to defeating the Hamilton Bulldogs 6-1 in American Hockey League action on Friday. MONTREAL -- Milos Raonic came out on top of the all-Canadian semifinal at the mens Rogers Cup, but now comes the real test -- Rafael Nadal. The power-hitting right-handers cliffhanger 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (4) victory over Vasek Pospisil on Saturday made him the first Canadian to reach the final of his countrys biggest tournament since Robert Bedard won it for the third time in 1958. It will be Raonics first final in the Master series, a level of ATP tournament just below the grand slams. The other semifinal was a gem of speed and skill, as Nadal ended Novak Djokovics two-year reign as Rogers Cup champion with 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (2) victory. Nadal will be seeking a third title after winning in 2005 and 2008. It had drama, as Djokovic wasnt pleased at all to be accidentally hit in the face by a Nadal cross-court shot in the third set, but there was no harm done. The two traded shots evenly until the third-set tiebreaker, when the crowd favourite Nadal took a 6-0 lead and later saw it end when Djokovic hit a groundstroke a tad long. "Milos is a fantastic player," Nadal said in a courtside interview. "I know him well. He has played a fantastic tournament here. "Im very happy for Canada to have two players in the semifinals." Raonic is 0-3 against Nadal in his career and has never won a set from the Spaniard. "Last time he gave me a whoopin in Barcelona," said Raonic. "It was a very different surface on clay. And at home for him, it was tough. "When I played him in 2010, I was like 200th in the world. I held my own to a certain extent, but he was a much, much better player than I was. In 2011, it was my first tournament back from hip surgery. I think its a different situation this time around. "I have to try to play as much as I can on my terms. Im going to have to serve well. Thats always of highest importance. And Ive got to try of create opportunities for myself through aggressive tennis, rather than waiting for him to make errors." Raonics win will put him into the top-10 in world rankings -- a prestigious spot that only the very good ones ever achieve. "Theyre all very special, but I think the top-10 one stands out more just because its a goal that I set this year," the 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., said. "It looked a little bit difficult after how I played recently, but to do it here in Montreal is a relief and its a happy feeling." Meanwhile, it was a tough night for veteran Daniel Nestor of Toronto. He and Swedish partner Robert Lindstedt were thumped 6-3, 6-0 in a semifinal against Wimbledon champion Andy Murray and Colin Fleming. Djokovic and Nadal met for the 36th time, tying the record for the Open Era set by John McEnroe and Ivan Lendl. Nadal leads the head-to-head series (21-15), and cut Djokovics lead on hardcourts at to 11-6. Nadal has won seven tournaments this year, but only one so far on a hardcourt. Still, the king of clay courts is 8-0 on the hard surface. Pospisil, in his best ATP Tour showing, earned $128,960 and 360 rankings points for reaching the semis, which will push his ranking from its current 71st to about No. 40. That completes the Vernon, B.C., natives goal for this year of reaching the top-50. On the court, both played nervously at first and it turned into a serving battle, with few interesting rallies until the final point of the third-set tiebreaker to decide the match. Raonnic stretched to get to a Pospisil shot at the net, forcing his opponent to make a lunging volley that went into the net. Yeezy Schuhe Deutschland. "I was winning most of the points from the baseline once the rallies were started," said Pospisil. "The tiebreak got away from me a little bit there at the end, a couple of loose points. "But I went for it. No regrets. I didnt want to lose the match playing defensively. I tried to go for it even with the nerves that there were. This time it didnt work out, but thats the right way for me to go." The two Canadians have been playing each other since they were in under-14 tournaments, but while Raonic has used his big serve to shoot up the rankings in recent years, Pospisil has taken a slower route. He has caught fire of late, however, winning a Challenger series tournament last week in Vancouver, then posting three wins at the Rogers Cup, including his first win over a top-20 player (John Isner) and his first over a top-10 (Tomas Berdych). It ended against Raonic, who has been struggling since he won in San Jose in the spring and is now working with a new coach. Now the Davis Cup teammates may become rivals on the ATP Tour. "For my sake, I hope well see each other a lot more," said Pospisil. "That will mean Ill keep up the good form. "I dont see why not because Ive been doing really well the last couple months." The centre court crowd had been on its feet for Canadian players all week, but with two playing each other, the partisan clapping and chanting between points was gone. And there was little to get excited about in the first set, as Raonic had the only service break for a 3-2 lead just after Pospisil let two break points get away. "Early on we were both pretty nervous," said Pospisil. "It wasnt the moment. "It was the fact I was playing Milos. Its probably a little bit the same for him. We played each other so many times. We grew up together. I dont think either one wanted to lose." It all went Pospisils way in the second set as he broke twice for 2-0 and 5-1 leads against a suddenly listless Raonic. Pospisil punctuated set point with a leaping fist pump. Raonic took a restroom break after the set and came back with a strong service game and the two held service through to the tiebreaker. "I had so much bottled up inside of me that it was stopping me from playing my best tennis," said Raonic. "I sort of yelled at myself, got a lot of emotions out, told myself if this is going to happen, its going to be me going out there and pushing as much as I can. "The first game, I started serving 20 km/h harder. I told myself that Ive got to leave it all out there." They were the first Canadians to reach the semifinals of the tournament -- once called the Canadian Open -- since Mike Belkin lost to American Cliff Richey. The last time two Canadians were in the semifinals of an ATP Tour event was in 1990 at Rio de Janeiro, where Andrew Sznajder lost in the final and Martin Wostenholme was beaten in the semis. The Djokovic-Nadal match was another level of tennis entirely, as the current and former world No. 1s exchanged fast-paced, often spectacular rallies. Pospisil earned entry into next weeks tournament in Cincinnati, where he will face Frenchman Gilles Simon in the first round. Raonic is seeded 12th and will play American Jack Sock. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.