TORONTO - Starting pitcher J. [url=https://www.fakeshoesonline.com/]Fake Jordan Shoes[/url] .A. Happ and catcher Erik Kratz had

in Neues 23.09.2019 03:24
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

TORONTO - Starting pitcher J. Fake Jordan Shoes .A. Happ and catcher Erik Kratz had a plan. The left-hander came through with six solid innings and, with two home runs and three RBI from Edwin Encarnacion, the Blue Jays defeated the Cleveland Indians 4-2 on Thursday. Happ (2-1) allowed six hits, two walks and one run, on a homer by David Murphy in the fifth inning, in his third start of the season. The left-handed pitcher believes preparation with Kratz was the key to his success. "We went over some stuff before the game about how we wanted to attack them a little bit more deliberately," Happ said. "And for the most part we were able to do that." Blue Jays manager John Gibbons, who won his 400th game with Toronto, liked how the teams starting battery operated. "(Happ) stepped up," said Gibbons. "I thought Kratz did a nice job with him, working that fastball on the inside part of the plate. That was big for him, it really was. And big for us." Happs control impressed the Indians lineup as well. "His fastball was really getting on guys," Cleveland left-fielder Ryan Raburn said. "I know its 92-93 but out of his hand, it just seemed a lot harder. And he spotted his pitches. He didnt miss over the plate a whole lot from what I saw." Encarnacion, who has eight homers on the season, also had a double and lined out to third in his other at-bat. Juan Francisco hit his seventh homer of the season for the Blue Jays (21-21) who won the rubber match of a three-game series with the Indians (19-22) to complete a 5-4 home stand. If Happ is battling to prove to some people that he belongs in the rotation, he preferred not to discuss it in detail. "I dont want to get into that," Happ said. "I think youre always doing that to somebody. That person may change or those people may change." Encarnacion has been the designated hitter for the past two games with Adam Lind playing first base. The change was made just before Wednesdays game because Encarnacion had spasms in his upper back. "It felt a lot better today, so Im ready to go," Encarnacion said. "I felt a lot better at the plate. The last couple of games Ive been getting hits. Ive been great at the plate the last couple of weekend, and it makes me happy and very proud because when I play like that I know I can help the team win." "Hes one of the top sluggers in the game," Gibbons said. "Got off to a slow start, then he kicked it in. You look where hes at now, too, hes been barrelling a lot of balls all year, especially the last month, and a number of times he got nothing to show for it. So numbers could be even better now with little breaks here or there, a little luck. "But hes key to this team, of course with him and (Jose) Bautista back to back. Thats big. Of course, Lindy and now with Francisco. Those two (Encarnacion and Bautista), we know what to expect, theyre a given. But I like the way our lineup looks now. Its that much stronger, top to bottom." Cleveland dropped to 4-10 when facing a left-handed starter, 0-8 on the road, this season. Happ opened the season on the disabled list with a sore back and began pitching from the bullpen on his return. Casey Janssen, who also started the season on the disabled list, pitched the ninth for his second save of the season. Cleveland right-hander Danny Salazar (1-4) needed 98 pitches to work through four innings and was replaced by right-hander C.C. Lee to start the fifth with the Blue Jays leading 2-1. Salazar allowed five hits, including second-inning homers by Encarnacion and Francisco, two walks and two runs. He also hit a batter. "I just didnt have a good feeling for the ball today to command my fastball, and my change-up wasnt there," Salazar said. He felt that he made a good pitch on Franciscos homer. "I was just behind in the count," he said. "Theyre going to be ready to hit everything there." Lee faced two batters. Bautista led off the fifth with a single and Encarnacion lofted a drive to left on a 3-2 fastball. It was the second time he has hit two homers in a game this season and it was the 13th multi-homer game of his career. Left-hander Brett Cecil pitched the seventh for Toronto and right-hander Steve Delabar took over in the eighth and was greeted by Raburns double. Carlos Santana walked. But Asdrubal Cabrera lined out to right and pinch hitter Lonnie Chisenhall lined out to centre. Yan Gomes singled up the middle to cut the lead to two runs and bring in left-hander Aaron Loup. He struck out Murphy, who had five hits and five RBI in Clevelands 15-4 win on Wednesday. NOTES: Right-hander Dustin McGowan, who is 2-2 with a 5.08 earned-run average in eight starts, has been removed from the starting rotation and will pitch from the bullpen. Right-handers Marcus Stroman and Todd Redmond are candidates to start in his place next Tuesday in Boston. Right-hander Liam Hendriks who is 5-0 with a 1.51 ERA at triple-A Buffalo is another possibility. … Centre-fielder Colby Rasmus (hamstring) was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Thursday and outfielder Anthony Gose was recalled from Buffalo. …The Indians put outfielder Nyjer Morgan (right knee sprain) on the DL and called up infielder Jesus Aguilar from triple-A Columbus. … The Blue Jays travel to Arlington, Tex., to play the Rangers in a three-game series that opens Friday with Drew Hutchison (1-3, 4.37 ERA) starting against Yu Darvish (3-1, 2.33 ERA). Replica Shoes Online . "Im excited just for a new start, just to see where things are going, to bring some kind of tradition back to the team and guys being excited about something new," the defensive back said during a conference call Monday after agreeing to stay with the Bombers rather than go to free agency next month. Cheap Shoes Fake .C. - Steve Clifford isnt exactly singing his teams praises after the Bobcats won for the sixth time in seven games. https://www.fakeshoesonline.com/ . Amaro broke the NCAA all-time record for receiving yards in a season for a tight end with 1,352 during his junior campaign, eclipsing the mark of 1,329 set by Rices James Casey in 2008.MONTREAL - No one needs to tell Troy Smith or Kevin Glenn they have to step up their games following disappointing Week 1 losses in which both quarterbacks struggled as the Alouettes welcome the Lions to Montreal for their home opener.The Heisman Trophy-winner replacing future Hall of Famer Anthony Calvillo at quarterback completed fewer than half his passes as the Montreal Alouettes offence fired blanks in its CFL season opener last week in Calgary.Smith hopes to start clicking with his receivers and moving the ball when the Alouettes (0-1) take on the B.C. Lions (0-1) in a bounce-back game for both teams at Percival Molson Stadium on Friday night.It falls on my shoulders as a quarterback, said Smith, who put up only 154 passing yards in a 29-8 loss to the Stampeders. I have to do a better job of decision-making and distributing the ball.We have weapons all over the field, but if we dont protect and get the ball out on time, these weapons mean nothing. So its on me.The Lions 35-year-old pivot Kevin Glenn may be thinking the same. His team took an early 14-0 lead but he then threw four interceptions in a 27-20 loss to the Edmonton Eskimos. It was only the third time the Lions lost at home since 2011.And this week the Lions go into the game with the virtually unknown Ryan Cave playing the key position on the offensive line, left tackle. Cave was rushed in this week after Andre Ramsey fractured an ankle, Cave had only two practices with his new team.The upside is that Cave spent most of training camp with the Alouettes and knows the players he will be trying to block.Everyone knows theres a new guy on the offensive line whos had two days of practice, but hes a very intelligent guy, very football smart, said Glenn. Hes picked up the scheme and blocking assignments very quickly.Well see what happens in a game but I have confidence hell do well.The Alouettes got a break on Thursday when CFL disciplinarians elected to give linebacker Kyries Hebert a fine rather than a suspension for his clothesline tackle on Calgarys Jon Cornish.So the stage is set for yet another in a long history of close battles between the Alouettes and Lions in Montreal. Last season, a last-play Sean Whyte field goal gave Montreal a 39-38 win.B.C. coach Mike Benevides played film of that game to his players as a reminder.What happened last year was BS, said Benevides. We had multiple turnovers and didnt score off it.We became unglued somewhat and, at the end of the game, theres a quarterback that hadnt played a lot (Tanner Marsh) who finds a way to get into field goal range and beat you. You cant let that happen.Smith was tabbed as the Alouettes starter going into their first season since 2000 without CFL al-time passing leader Calvillo behind centre.He had an impressive array of receivers led by S. Fake Shoes Outlet. J. Green, but wasnt able to find them consistently, often overthrowing them. The teams lone touchdown by running back Steven Lumbala came on the final play of the game after pair of Calgary roughing calls put the ball on the one.More reps, more practice, was Smiths answer to what he needs to find his groove. As a quarterback, I think staring down the eye of adversity and understanding that only you can surface yourself out should be fun.Anybody who is worth their weight in marbles would not want to dig themselves into a situation like this, but would love to dig themselves out.How long first-year coach Tom Higgins will stick with Smith if the offence doesnt click remains to be seen. Marsh is the backup, and third stringer Alex Brink has CFL experience.When asked about it, Higgins didnt rule it out. But he expects that Smith only needs time and experience with CFL football to succeed.I dont know if were going to a two-quarterback system, he said. Im hoping thats not the case.But Troy has been under pressure before. Its about production. Its about us giving him an opportunity to be successful. I think we have the ability to run the football. We need to do that. We need to get the ball out of Troys hand quicker in certain situations, but also give him an opportunity to air the ball out.The Alouettes will be without key receiver Duran Carter, as well as safety Mike Edem, with ankle injuries.The Lions have started the season without No. 1 quarterback Travis Lulay, who is on the six-game injured list with a shoulder injury. The 35-year-old Glenn completed 18 of 28 passes for 251 yards against the Eskimos, including 102 yards to Andrew Harris.Cutting down on turnovers will be the top priority, although that will be a challenge against a ball-hungry Montreal defence.Theyre an attack defence, said Glenn. They come after you.They want to disrupt the offence and cause turnovers, and thats one thing we learned last week, that we cant turn the ball over and win.Former Lions defensive end Chris Wilson will likely line up across from Cave, but linebackers like Hebert and Chip Cox will no doubt also test the newcomer as he tries to play one of the most difficult positions on the field with little practice time.Benevides is confident the six-foot-five 345-pound Cave wont be trampled.With the challenge a very good Montreal defence presents, at least his advantage is that hes seen those men and what they can do, said Benevides. Yeah, its not an ideal world to have a professional player playing after two days with the program, but thats the challenge we have to face.Hes done a good job. Hes a smart player, a big player. In three days of knowing him, I like him a lot.Note to readers: CORRECTS Smiths passing yards to 154 sted 148 in fourth graf. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.