thats made a big difference in my life."

in Neues 20.09.2019 05:01
von sakura698 | 420 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- If there has been a bright spot to the Chicago Bulls injury-filled season, it has been their defence. Adidas Superstar Pink Australia . It came through again Saturday night, helping the Bulls overcome a 40.7 per cent shooting night to hold the Atlanta Hawks to nearly 20 points below their season average in a 91-84 victory. Opponents are shooting 43 per cent against the Bulls. "We have a defensive system and we work on it a lot," Joakim Noah said. "Its crazy how much we work on it. We work on defence every day." The Hawks, who were averaging 103.2 points, shot 37.2 per cent and were 8 of 28 from 3-point range. "We have a core of guys that understand it and are really good at it," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said about the defence. "We know if we defend and rebound and keep our turnovers down, were going to be in a position to win. Right now, when youre short-handed, thats really what you have to do. Its also what you have to do in every game, even when youre completely healthy." Mike Dunleavy scored 11 of his 20 points in the fourth quarter, and Luol Deng added 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulls, hitting two free throws with 8.8 seconds left to seal the win. Chicago led most of the way in winning for the fifth time in seven games. Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague scored 16 points apiece for the Hawks. A 3-point attempt by Kyle Korver that would have cut the Bulls lead to 84-82 with 4:18 left was overturned and ruled a shot clock violation upon review. Soon after, DeMarre Carroll was called for an offensive foul when the Hawks trailed 86-79. "That was a big swing, a big change in the game," Atlanta coach Mike Budenholzer said. Korver extended his NBA record of games with at least one 3-pointer made to 103 straight when he hit the first of his two 3-pointers with 9:59 left in the first quarter. Korver finished with eight points on 3-of-9 shooting. "I just have so much respect for those guys over there, how they continue to play hard every day and just grind and win games like tonight," Korver said. "They just find ways. Its not the prettiest basketball at times, but you have a lot of respect for them." The Hawks tied the game 67-all with 11:12 left on Mike Scotts free throw. It was the first time the Bulls hadnt led since there was 6:19 left in the first quarter. But Dunleavy answered with a 3-pointer, Noah scored on a putback and Jimmy Butler made a layup to put the Bulls ahead 74-69 with 8:41 remaining. Atlanta pulled to within one on Teagues layup with 5:38 left, but Dunleavy responded with a jumper and Taj Gibson scored on a dunk for an 84-79 lead. "Mike Dunleavy really had a heck of a second half," Budenholzer said. "Some of them were really well-contested, tough, difficult shots, and give him credit for making them." Carlos Boozer missed his first Bulls game of the season due to a sore right knee. MRI results on the knee were negative and the Bulls are hoping the injury isnt serious. Gibson started in his place. "The big thing is getting everyone back and healthy," Thibodeau said. "Hopefully, Carlos will be short term, which I believe he will be. This is the first time weve had the group relatively whole." Butler and D.J. Augustin each had 11 points, and Gibson and Noah had 10 points and 12 rebounds apiece. Scott scored 12 and Carroll had 10 for Atlanta. The Hawks pulled within one twice late in the third quarter but were unable to pull ahead. The Bulls led 67-64 after three quarters. "It was a close game and we just couldnt find a way," Budenholzer said. "I think we have to be a little smarter down the stretch. We have to compete every possession, every rebound." Deng made a half-court shot at the second-quarter buzzer to give the Bulls a 50-45 lead at the break. Korver had made a 3-pointer with 2.9 seconds left to cut the Bulls lead to 47-45 after they were ahead by as many as 10. The Bulls led 26-18 after the first quarter. Atlanta had scored at least 100 points in 10 of 11 games. The Hawks were playing the second game of a back-to-back. NOTES: Hawks guard John Jenkins (low back pain) missed his sixth straight game. He is expected to also miss the Hawks game Monday against Brooklyn. . Center Pero Antic remained in the Hawks lineup after he scored 16 points in his first career start on Friday against Golden State. . This was the first meeting of the season between the teams. The Bulls went 2-1 against Atlanta last season. NMD R1 Primeknit Australia . A rainy day saw the former champion Djokovic handle 14th-seeded Frenchman Jo- Wilfried Tsonga 6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5) under the roof on the famed Centre Court. NMD R1 Mens Sale . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. http://www.nmdaustraliasale.com/ . The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest.MONTREAL -- Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre welcomes the decision by the Nevada Athletic Commission to ban mixed martial arts fighters from using testosterone replacement therapy. He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing." The commission voted unanimously in Las Vegas on Thursday to quit granting therapeutic use exemptions for fighters undergoing TRT. "Its not the UFC (thats) the problem," said St-Pierre. "I believe its the sport, the system." St-Pierre added he thought the ban is a move in the right direction. "I believe theres a lot more things to do. I believe they need to allow testing too -- testing by an organization that doesnt have any interest in the money surrounding the fight." St-Pierre said the decision by Nevada state regulators is "great for a lot of guys -- good, honest guys will be happy." The decision by the commission that regulates boxing and mixed martial arts in Nevada came several weeks after the Association of Ringside Physicians labelled so-called "unmerited testosterone" a health risk for athletes who practise combat sports. UFC president Dana White said he also supported the Nevada ruling and encouraged all athletic commissions to adopt the ban. "We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field," he said in a statement. White also said the UFC would honour the ruling in international markets, "where due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events." Several UFC fighters have been granted exemptions in recent years to use testosterone before their bouts, ostensibly for medical reasons. The decision is already having effects on UFC. Vitor Belfort, who usedd TRT, dropped out of his upcoming middleweight title shot against Chris Weidman. Adidas Superstar Black Australia. As for his own future in the UFC, St-Pierre wasnt telling reporters much, except to say that hes in the best condition hes ever been in his life. The 32-year-old suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder and did not sleep much for about a decade. "Whats changed is that Im sleeping better," he said. "Before I slept around five hours a night because of stress, but now Im around seven hours and thats made a big difference in my life." St-Pierre said hes living a more healthy lifestyle, the stress is gone and hes happier. He took a break from UFC last December for personal reasons and still hasnt decided whether he will return to the octagon. "I dont know if Im going to stop," St-Pierre said. "I dont know what Im going to do. I need a bit of time to decide what Im going to do." But he hasnt completely ruled out a career in the movies, after getting a small part as the villain Batroc the Leaper in the upcoming "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." "I dont know if Im ready to do that full-time," he said. "I dont know if Im a good actor." St-Pierre said he may have to come on as a bad guy in the ring, but thats whats necessary in his sport. "I dont believe in bad persons," he said. "I believe people are shaped by their genetic environment. "Some people say they look at a serial killer and say hes a bad person. Hes not a worse person than you are because he had been shaped by his genetic and social environment and that makes him what he is -- thats what I believe." The former champ may have hinted at his future Friday as he spent almost an hour coaching a group of 18 enthusiastic amateurs in the finer arts of ultimate fighting. The group included a number of winners of a cross-Canada contest by Bacardi Canada, one of St-Pierres main sponsors. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.