Back in the agent business after a lengthy personal detour, Leigh Steinbergs first new football client is, naturally, a quarterb

in Neues 12.09.2019 03:16
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

Back in the agent business after a lengthy personal detour, Leigh Steinbergs first new football client is, naturally, a quarterback. Craig Biggio Jersey . Steinberg has signed SMU quarterback Garrett Gilbert, the son of former NFL quarterback Gale Gilbert. Steinberg was Gale Gilberts agent and also represents SMU coach June Jones. This is the first time Steinberg, the real-life inspiration for "Jerry Maguire," has represented the son of a former client. "Its the first signing of the new era," Steinberg said from New York, where hell host a big Super Bowl party on Saturday. "Its totally exciting to be back in the saddle again. I love it and next year well do a full draft. "The father went to my alma mater, so its especially rewarding," added Steinberg, who like Gale Gilbert attended California. "The genes count." A powerful agent since 1975, Steinberg had an all-star stable of clients that included many who would become NFL Hall of Famers, including Steve Young, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Howie Long, Thurman Thomas, Derrick Thomas and Bruce Smith. Known for a squeaky clean image, he battled alcoholism and bankruptcy, and let his agent certification lapse. After getting sober and clearing bankruptcy, Steinberg was recertified by the NFL Players Association last fall and launched Steinberg Sports and Entertainment. The funding for his new agency didnt come through until November, so with most college players already having decided on an agent, he decided to focus on players who would enter the 2015 draft. Garrett Gilbert was an exception. Garrett Gilbert said his father and Jones didnt necessarily steer him toward signing with Steinberg but that he discussed it with both of them. "Obviously, hes a big name and really thats all I knew about him," the younger Gilbert said about Steinberg. "I knew that he formerly represented quite a few big-time draft picks as well as some of the top players in the NFL. One of the biggest determining factors was that everything seemed to fit perfectly in our discussions and for his plan for me going forward, as well as involving my family in that decision." Gilbert is currently working out in northern San Diego in preparation for SMUs pro day in Dallas on March 28. Steinberg said he generally uses Jones and Moon for input on potential quarterback clients. "June says that if you take the film from game six in his junior year to this year, hes played as well as any quarterback in the country," Steinberg. "He thinks that he has the makings of a franchise-type quarterback. At this point hes not currently rated in that group." Steinberg said Gilberts pro day can help his draft stock. "Garrett comes from good bloodlines," the agent said. "He has size but also running ability. Hes able to be multi-dimensional. He throws beautifully. The maturation point for many quarterbacks, it all comes together at the end of their junior and senior year." Gilbert was a highly touted recruit at Texas who was supposed to be Colt McCoys successor. But he struggled and transferred to SMU. He put up some big numbers last fall before getting hurt late in the season. Gilbert is projected as a lower-round pick. "Ive got friends telling me all sorts of things," he said. "All I can focus on is getting myself in the best shape possible as well as get ready for the pro day." Gale Gilbert was a backup quarterback with teams that went to five straight Super Bowls, losing all of them. The first four were with Buffalo and the final time was when the San Diego Chargers lost to the San Francisco 49ers, who got a record six TD passes from Young. The younger Gilbert is scheduled to join Steinberg in New York this weekend for Super Bowl festivities, so he can get a sense of what the NFLs about. "Im excited about him," Steinberg said. "This is the process. ... Wherever he ends up, I think he will end up starting in the NFL." Big on promoting charitable causes, Steinberg will host his 26th Super Bowl party Saturday in Manhattan. It will help generate awareness for the Lone Survivor Fund and include a live uplink to troops in Afghanistan. Jose Altuve Astros Jersey . Wearing bib No. 1, Maze skied through the gates cleanly to defend her big first-run lead and finish 0.07 seconds ahead of Anna Fenninger of Austria. Defending champion Viktoria Rebensburg of Germany was third, trailing 0. Brad Peacock Jersey .NYCFC confirmed to The Associated Press on Saturday that this week Lampard signed a contract to start in July — midway through the new teams first season in MLS. http://www.baseballastrosproshop.com/jake-marisnick-astros-jersey/ .com) - Eric Fehr and Marcus Johansson each registered a pair of goals, as Washington spoiled the head coaching debut of Peter Horachek by picking up a 6-2 victory in Toronto on Wednesday.BRISBANE, Australia -- Australia hooker Stephen Moore will be sidelined for the rest of the season after rupturing the anterior cruciate and medial ligaments in his left knee during his first test as Wallabies rugby captain on Saturday. Moore needs a total knee reconstruction after suffering the injury while making a tackle in the 15th minute of Saturdays first test against France at Suncorp Stadium. Australia went on to win 50-23 as Moore, in his 92nd test, watched from the sideline. Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie said Moores injury "leaves a bit of a void because we had put a lot of things in the pipeline." Lock Sam Carter, who suffered an ankle injury in the seventh minute of his debut test, will also miss the rest of the series. Carter played the full 80 minutes of the match, despite suffering a high ankle strain in the opening minutes. "That really gives you an idea how tough the bloke is," McKenzie said. "He showed great resilience and (the injury) didnt show up at all (in his play)." Flanker Michael Hooper, who replaced Moore as captain for the last 75 mintues of Saturdays match, is likkely to retain the role in next weekends second test at Melbourne. Mike Scott Jersey. Hooper, at 22, became the youngest Wallabies captain in 67 years. If continues as captain for the remainder of the France series -- tests in Melbourne and Sydney over the next two weekends -- he may be accepting something of a poisoned chalice. Since McKenzie took over as coach, Rocky Elsom, James Horwill (three times), David Pocock, Will Genia (twice) and Ben Mowen have all had turns as Australia skipper, and in each case their captaincy was short-lived due to injury or loss of form. McKenzie stopped short of confirming Hooper as captain on Sunday but praised his leadership against France. "He has a style about (his leadership) that I respect," McKenzie said. "It didnt affect his playing, he played exceptionally well and thats part of it too. "I cant think of many players who play as consistently well as he does. I dont think Ive seen him have an off day. He fronts up and is in every game. "Hes a lead-by-example sort of guy and highly respected in the playing group - theyre all good attributes." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.