LONDON – The numbers dont look promising for Milos Raonic when it comes to his semi-final showdown against Roger Federer at Wimb

in Neues 29.08.2019 09:16
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

LONDON – The numbers dont look promising for Milos Raonic when it comes to his semi-final showdown against Roger Federer at Wimbledon. Larry Fitzgerald Cardinals Jersey . Consider the following: * Federer has won 17 grand slam titles, including seven at the All England Club. Raonic, meanwhile, is playing in his first ever slam semifinal. * Raonic has lost seven straight matches against top-four players dating back to 2012. Federer is currently ranked No. 4. * Raonic has never beaten Federer in four tries and the most recent match, at the 2013 Australian Open, ended in straight sets. That was their only previous encounter at a slam. * Federer is the most successful active player on grass with a 130-18 career record and 14 titles. Before this tournament, Raonic had never made it past the second round at Wimbledon and had a sub-.500 record on grass. * Federer has never lost a Wimbledon semifinal in eight previous appearances. Did we mention Raonic has never played in any slam semifinal? So, it seems pretty bleak for the 23-year-old, right? Not so according to Raonic, who is aiming to become the first Canadian man to ever make a major final. Heres what he had to say when asked about facing Federer on a court where hes had the most success in his career - a career that may go down as the best ever. "Im going to step out there and Im not playing the seven-time Wimbledon champion. Im not playing a 32-year-old man. Im not playing the father of two sets of twins, which is a very low possibility bet to do. Im not playing the guy thats won whatever hes won, which I could probably list quite vividly. Im playing a guy that is standing in my way of what I want to achieve, and Ive got to focus on everything thats there, on the situation, how best to deal with it to give myself the best possibilities to achieve what I want." Raonic understands how big a win could be for him on Friday. It could be a career-defining moment. "It can be if I get the job done. I focus on what I need to do. Everything else is a ripple effect. Everything else is a reason. I have to create the cause for it by playing good tennis and giving myself the possibility to win." As for those four previous losses to Federer? "Hes gotten the better of me all four times, but I havent played him in more than a year, a year and a bit, so I think Im a different player," Raonic said. "Ive got in close with him in the past. Ive found a lot of those things [that will help me] sort of pull away. That gives me a lot of belief that I can do this. "So theres no point to talk about it. Ive got to step up and do it." Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . But Josh Bailey scored the shootout winner to lead the Islanders to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens in a battle of the Eastern Conferences two worst teams. Haason Reddick Youth Jersey . -- The Atlanta Braves are facing the possibility of losing another pitcher for the season after general manager Frank Wren said Saturday that Cory Gearrin has a serious injury to his right elbow. http://www.nflcardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Andy-Isabella-Jersey/ . Carcillo was a little of both for New York in Game 3. Derek Stepan, Martin St. Louis, Dan Girardi and Carcillo scored goals, leading the Rangers to a 4-1 win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night.Michael Bisping has insisted that his historic UFC championship win was the easiest fight of his 10-year stretch. The Lancashire veteran waited 26 fights over a decade before being handed a first middleweight title shot on 17 days notice, but capitalised by knocking out Luke Rockhold.His 19 wins with the organisation equal Georges St-Pierres all-time record yet Britains first champion insists his greatest achievement came easily. Luke has a habit of dropping his right hand when he throws punches, and he has his chin high up in the air. The plan was to throw the left hook Michael Bisping Asked if Rockhold ever hurt him, Bisping exclusively told Sky Sports: Not a single shot. He didnt catch me flush in the face at all. It was literally the easiest UFC fight of my life.I remember everything. It was short-lived and I didnt get caught with any punches whatsoever so the memories are crystal clear.I was able to read his movements, I read his punches before they even left. I was swinging excellent counters and I knew my left hook would land. Michael Bisping aims a punch at Luke Rockhold That was the entire plan - Luke has a habit of dropping his right hand when he throws punches, and he has his chin high up in the air. The plan was to throw the left hook and when it landed I thought wow.Bisping has already confirmed to Sky Sports that Rockhold - who originally beat him two years ago - is not uunder consideration for a mooted title defence in Britain. Arizona Cardinals Jerseys. Their war of words shows no sign of slowing, with the verbals continuing to fly in the immediate aftermath of Bispings win. Luke Rockhold beat Michael Bisping in Australia in 2014 Bisping hints at UK fight New champ could defend belt on British shores If he had been more respectful I would have been more inclined [to fight him again] but he didnt help his cause, Bisping said.I shook his hand in the Octagon and, when I went back to thank him again, he said weve already shaken hands.He was being a sore loser, being negative and basically insulting me at the press conference.He wouldnt stop berating me, saying he would come back and do this, do that. When we were in the same position two years ago, when he beat me, I shook his hand and said congratulations. That took a lot for me to do that. But he was discrediting me.Luke and I have been rivals for a while but I have nothing against the guy, I have no ill will. I wish him the best. Talking points The aftermath of Bispings title win... Also See: Bisping hints at UK defence UFC ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.