TORONTO -- Calgary grabbed the most selections but the Toronto Argonauts Ricky Ray and Darian Durant of the Saskatchewan Roughri

in Neues 29.08.2019 09:16
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Calgary grabbed the most selections but the Toronto Argonauts Ricky Ray and Darian Durant of the Saskatchewan Roughriders were voted the top quarterbacks for the CFL East and West in 2013. Caleb Joseph Jersey . Calgary grabbed a league-leading 10 spots on the western squad as the division all-star teams were announced Wednesday. Rays numbers were held back as he missed six games to injury and sat out the last game of the season. But he still finished with 234 completed passes out of 303 tries for a career high 77.2 per cent, tops among CFL starting quarterbacks. Durant finished the season with 4,154 passing yards and a league-leading 31 touchdown strikes. Saskatchewan and Montreal were tied with nine selections each. Toronto was next at eight, with Hamilton and B.C. at six each, Winnipeg at four and Edmonton at two. Representing the West at running back is Calgarys Jon Cornish, the CFL rushing leader, and Saskatchewans Kory Sheets, the runner-up. Hamiltons C.J. Gable and Winnipegs Will Ford share the honour in the East. Sheets and Cornish were both unanimous selections. Torontos Chad Owens was one of the four receivers named in the East and Edmontons Fred Stamps was a unanimous pick as one of the four in the West, after leading the league with 1,259 receiving yards. The others were Torontos Andre Durie, Hamiltons Bakari Grant, Montreals S.J. Green, Saskatchewans Weston Dressler and Chris Getzlaf and Calgarys Marquay McDaniel. The offensive lineman named for the East were Montreals Josh Bourke, Winnipegs Glenn January, Torontos Chris Van Zeyl and Jeff Keeping and Hamiltons Greg Wojt. For the West it was Calgarys Brett Jones, Jon Gott and Stanley Bryant, B.C.s Jovan Olafioye and Saskatchewans Brendon Labatte. For January, a seven-year CFL veteran who has made the East all-star squad three times now, the honour was bittersweet after the Bombers finished last at 3-15, tied for their worst record ever in the 18-game CFL. "It was an extremely difficult season for us and I think its been well documened that a lot of are frustrated that the season went the way it did," he said. "Its nice to have individual acknowledgment but I sure wish I was playing this weekend." Defensive players include CFL tackle leader Chip Cox from Montreal and runner-up Henoc Muamba from Winnipeg in the East, and sack-leader Charleston Hughes from Calgary and Saskatchewans Alex Hall in the West. Muamba said terrible season or not, the fact that four Bombers made the all-star list helps show that the team never gave up. "Its a testament to the fact that myself personally, I didnt quit, and for the rest of the all-stars. It goes to prove that there were a lot of guys in that room that never quit, despite the things that were going on and the season that we had." He also sounded a little more positive at the prospect of returning to the Bombers, although he said his agent is still in negotiations with the team. Six of Montreals all-star selections were on defence. Besides Cox, John Bowman, Geoff Tisdale, Jerald Brown, Billy Parker and Mike Edem were named. Torontos Khalif Mitchell and Patrick Watkins, Winnipegs Bryant Turner and Hamiltons Brandon Boudreaux complete the defence for the East. In the West it was Saskatchewans Tearrius George, Dwight Anderson and Tyron Brackenridge; B.C.s Adam Bighill, Solomon Elimimian, Cord Parks, Dante Marsh and Ryan Phillips; Calgarys Juwan Simpson and Edmontons Almondo Sewell. Calgary swept the special teams category in the West with league-leading kicker Rene Paredes, punter Rob Maver and the CFLs leader in combined return yards, Larry Taylor. Hamilton claimed two spots in the East for punter Josh Bartel and tackle-leader Marc Beswick, while Montreals Sean Whyte took kicker. The lists are voted on by coaches and members of the Football Reporters of Canada. The CFL will announce its all-star team, featuring players from both divisions, in early December. Luis Gonzalez Jersey . I wondered how NHL coaches would feel about a playoff schedule that allowed them to open a best-of-seven series on the road, which many claim to favour, yet still gave them the precious home-ice edge for a seventh game. Rob Refsnyder Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. http://www.diamondbackssale.com/diamondbacks-archie-bradley-jersey/ . Bradley is one of eight players selected to the team who also played in this years World Cup in Brazil. The MLS all-stars will compete against German giants Bayern Munich in Portland on Aug.Dewi Morris believes Bristol are a changed team and are ready to make the step up to Premiership rugby ahead of Wednesdays Championship final second-leg, live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 7.30pm. This year, Bristol have decided to turn up in the Championship play-offs and they are my favourites to win and gain promotion. Their stadium is obviously partially built, but they have still sold 16,000 tickets so its an absolute sell-out.They have a 15-point buffer going into the game which is a good advantage to have for the first time in their history. They have been in the wilderness of the Championship for seven years but they are just eighty minutes away from the promised land which is the Premiership, and I cant see Doncaster doing too much to stop them. Will Hurrell crossed for Doncaster in the first-leg If Bristol are to do it, they deserve it. Their forwards coach, Mark Bakewell, has added a little bit of steel to the pack which has eliminated silly errors from their game. They dispatched Bedford easily in the semis and did a good job on Doncaster in the first leg with 59 per cent possession and 65 per cent territory, which suggests to me that they are very structured, very pragmatic, very concentrated on the job in hand and have been that way since the start of the play-offs.Despite Doncaster being the underdog, I would like to think they have a chance. They will be proud and will fight, having beaten Bristol in November 27-39, so they are used to winning at the Ashton Gate Stadium. Bristol take a 15-point advantage into the second-leg of the final against Doncaaster But this is a different Bristol side with a different psyche and more commitment than the one Doncaster played seven months ago. Abraham Almonte Jersey. . They know that they have underachieved over the years but this could be the last piece of the jigsaw to get into the Premiership which is when the really hard work starts. Everyone in Bristol can celebrate if they are promoted, and look forward to playing in the elite league.Im looking forward to the encounter. It should be a good atmosphere and Im expecting Bristol to put on a good performance. It will be a hearty display from Doncaster but I think Bristol, if they are to go up, will want to go out with a bang in front of their own supporters. Bristol have developed a pragmatic style of play this season Over the past few years Bristol have struggled on the big stage losing to London Welsh in 2014 and to Worcester in 2015, but I really dont see it happening to them this time.They are a more relaxed group. I think what has happened is that they are focussing on the job in hand rather than development, which they can do once they are in the Premiership. They have developed a style of hard-nosed, pragmatic rugby and everyone has bought into that.It is not too flashy but it is very effective and very powerful while they are also the richest in the Championship with a squad of 50 players which they have stretched to the maximum because of the high amount of injuries.There are no mixed messages, they are all reading off the same script and it looks like they are going to do it. Also See: Rugby on Sky Follow @SkySportsRugby Pundits Fixtures and results ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.