TOBLACH, Italy - Marit Bjoergen of Norway picked up her second World Cup win of the weekend as she triumphed in the womens frees

in Neues 29.08.2019 09:16
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

TOBLACH, Italy - Marit Bjoergen of Norway picked up her second World Cup win of the weekend as she triumphed in the womens freestyle sprint in Toblach on Sunday, while compatriot Ola Vigen Hattestad was victorious in the mens event. Daniel Jones Cheap Jersey . In the last race before the Sochi Olympics, Bjoergen followed up her win in the 10-kilometre classical race on Saturday by beating World Cup sprint leader Denise Herrmann of Germany by 0.43 seconds for her fifth victory of the season. Fellow Norwegian Ingvild Flugstad Oestberg was third, 1.46 seconds behind. "I think my legs were a little bit tired after yesterday," Bjoergen said. "I didnt feel very fast in the qualification. But each heat I felt a little bit better and was able to advance each time. I was able to get myself into good position off the downhill in the final to be able to get the win today." Kikkan Randall of the United States was fifth. Hattestad finished 0.69 seconds ahead of teammate Eirik Brandsdal. Josef Wenzl of Germany was third, 0.94 seconds behind. There was no change in the overall standings, with leader Martin Johnsrud Sundby absent. "This was a really great victory for me today," Hattestad said. "I knew I had strong legs and excellent skis so I am happy to win. I was told after the Norwegian championships that I wasnt ready for Sochi but I think today I showed that I am." Dexter Lawrence Jersey .Y. -- The "for sale" sign is up at the Buffalo Bills with the hiring of financial and legal advisers who may begin talking with prospective buyers within the next month. Mark Bavaro Cheap Jersey . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. http://www.giantsonlineteamshop.com/evan-engram-jersey-cheap.html . Philippe Desrosiers stopped 42 shots through overtime and three more in the shootout to pick up his third shutout of the season for Rimouski (31-15-7). Zachary Fucale made 28 saves for Halifax (34-17-3) in the loss.MONTREAL - A fine chemistry may be brewing between centre Nic Petan and winger Robby Fabbri at the world junior championship.The so-called third liners, playing mainly with Nick Paul on the other wing, piled on the goals as Canada defeated over-matched Slovakia 8-0 to open the tournament on Friday night.Fabbri had two goals and an assist, while Petan had a goal and two helpers to lead the onslaught.Points are one thing, but the way the team played the whole game, staying level headed, sticking to our game, it was good to see and good to win the game, said Fabbri, a St. Louis Blues prospect.I get switched around once in a while, but to play with Nic Petan, hes such a special player. So skilled and he works really hard. Its easy just to feed off him.A disappointing crowd of only 14,142 turned out to the Bell Centre, but those who stayed away missed a dominant performance from a Canadian side that looks strong and deep on attack.Fabbri scored twice and Anthony Duclair had the other as Canada got three goals in a 4:17 span of the first period, then added four more in the second and another in the third while owning the puck and out-shooting Slovakia 34-12.The Canadians will try to keep it going against Germany on Saturday.It helps with confidence and stuff like that, but the way were thinking is that this games over and done, said Petan. A game like that, you think its easy, but youre still working as hard as you can. It isnt like youre taking a step off the gas pedal. Youre playing the right way.Duclair, Max Domi, Jake Virtanen and Brayden Point each had a goal and an assist. Paul also scored, while Sam Reinhart and Madison Bowey had two assists each.Zach Fucale, who was barely tested, got the shutout. Eric Comrie gets the start against Germany.Coach Benoit Groulx was delighted to see goals from many sources, even if his top line of Connor McDavid, Curtis Lazar and Nick Ritchie was held off the scoresheet.It was nice to see the offence come from our third and fourth lines, said Groulx. I really feel that with our speed up front, we were able to put them on their heels.Connor, Duclair, Reinhart, they have tremendous speed and its tough to defend. And its tough when you have Brayden Point who you can put on any line and he adjusts. We have offence on every line and its up too us to find a way to bring it out, day in and day out. Julian Love Jersey. he Germans will no doubt play a tighter checking game in the neutral zone.Groulx said he doesnt fear complacency from his side, which is motivated by playing at home even if the rink wasnt filled to its 21,000-plus capacity.Canada didnt know what to expect from Slovakia. At last years tournament in Malmo, Sweden, they trailed the Slovaks 3-2 after two periods before storming back for a 5-3 win on two goals by Petan, one of seven players back this year.Slovakia captain Martin Reway looked shell-shocked after the defeat.Its my third year here and we always played tight games with them, said Reway, a former Gatineau Olympique now playing in the Czech Republic. We know theyre good, but I told the guys we can play with them. But we didnt play well in the first two periods.Slovakia faces Finland on Saturday.To get it started, Fabbri finished a tic-tac-toe play with Reinhart and Duclair at 4:52, Duclair took a feed from Domi alone in front and put a slick move on Denis Godla at 8:12 and Fabbri got behind the defence to take Petans pass and lift it over the Slovak goalie at 9:09.Slovakia coach Ernest Bokros called a timeout and his team played managed to hold Canada off the rest of the period.But Paul fought off a check to lift one in 6:54 into the second frame while Point one-timed Petans pass in at 11:38. That prompted a goaltending change as Godla, who stopped 18 of 23 shots, was replaced by David Okolicany.Domi beat him cleanly with a long wrist shot to the top corner on a solo rush at 16:14 and Petan walked out of the a corner with the teams each short a man and zipped one under the crossbar at 17:21.The Slovaks had one dangerous flurry early in the first period that was held off by Fucale, who wasnt threatened again until he made a big stop on Peter Cehlarik five minutes into the third.I need to stay focused no matter how many shots I get, whether I get two or 50, said Fucale. Notes — It was expected that Dillon Heatherington would be Canadas seventh defenceman, but it ended up with Samuel Morin skating sporadic shifts. . . The Slovaks got their third shot at 6:45 of the first frame and their fourth at 7:29 of the second. . . Canada opened last years tournament with a 7-2 win over Germany. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.