MONTPELLIER, France -- Top-seeded Richard Gasquet beat third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland 7-6 (6), 7-6 (4) on Saturday to set

in Neues 27.08.2019 02:40
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

MONTPELLIER, France -- Top-seeded Richard Gasquet beat third-seeded Jerzy Janowicz of Poland 7-6 (6), 7-6 (4) on Saturday to set up an all-French final in the Open Sud de France against Gael Monfils. Gary Trent Jr. Jersey . The fifth-seeded Monfils earlier beat sixth-seeded Jarkko Nieminen of Finland 6-2, 3-6, 6-1. Monfils improved to 4-0 against Nieminen. Monfils dropped his serve in the second set, before breaking Nieminen twice in the deciding set. Janowicz had 16 aces compared to eight for Gasquet, and both players dropped serve once. Defending champion Gasquet is chasing his 11th career title. Monfils won the tournament four years ago and will aim on Sunday for his fifth career title, but his first since winning indoors at Stockholm three years ago. Three of his titles were on indoor hard-courts. The final will be the 10th meeting between the 27-year-olds, with Monfils leading 5-4. "Gael is an incredible player, he does everything well," Gasquet said. "Its always a bit weird to play a friend in a final, but I am looking forward to it. I think its the best final we could have here in Montpellier and I hope it will be a good match." Gasquet, ranked ninth, is Frances No. 1 player ahead of Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, while Monfils has slipped to 30th after persistent knee injuries. "Richard has so much talent (and) he is not (in the) top 10 for nothing. He has improved a lot physically and mentally lately, which makes him a difficult player to beat," Monfils said. "Hes going to be the favourite. He is the top seed and the defending champion. I am really looking forward to playing my buddy in the final, it makes it more fun." Jusuf Nurkic Jersey . -- The Denver Broncos locked up a shutdown cornerback, only his name wasnt Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Custom Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys . Reimer told TSNs Mark Masters on Tuesday that he doesnt know if he will be moved leading up to the March 5 trade deadline but added he wasnt interested in discussing it. "Who knows whats going to happen on the horizon here and right now I dont know if I want to talk about it too much. http://www.blazersteamofficial.com/Clyde-Drexler-Blazers-Jersey/ . - Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr has nothing but good problems right now.VALLNORD -- Olympic-bound Dominique Maltais posted the fastest time in qualifying Friday at a snowboard cross World Cup competition. The native of Petite-Riviere-St-Francois, Que., finished in one minute and 13.43 seconds in qualifying, which determines the seedings for the finals on Saturday. Eva Samkova of the Czech Republic was also fast finishing right behind Maltais in 1:13.66. Alexandra Jekova of Bulgaria was third in 1:15.40. "I think Eva and I certainly sent a message today being two seconds faster than the rest of the field," said Maltais, the 2006 Olympic bronze medallist. "But tomorrow is another day and conditions and the course could be differrent. C.J. McCollum Blazers Jersey. But still its a great way to start the second half of the season." The top-12 on the first run automatically qualified for the finals. Twelve more spots were available on a second run, which was topped by Maelle Ricker of Squamish, B.C., in 1:15.49. Carle Brenneman of Whistler, B.C., and Zoe Bergermann of Acton, Ont., also qualified for finals ranking eighth and 11th on the second run. Four Canadians advanced to finals on the mens side: Chris Robanske of Calgary and Kevin Hill of Vernon, B.C., qualified 15th and 23rd on the first run. Robert Fagan of Squamish, B.C., and Baptiste Brochu of Saguenay, Que., qualified on the second run. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.