NEW YORK -- Lindsey Vonn was tempted to speed up her return from knee surgery to rediscover the rush of racing she misses so bad

in Off-Topic 26.08.2019 05:28
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Lindsey Vonn was tempted to speed up her return from knee surgery to rediscover the rush of racing she misses so badly. Blake Wheeler Jersey . Instead, she made what she calls a "wise" decision. The Olympic downhill champion skipped last Saturdays season-opening race in Austria. She will stick with her original plan to come back at home at the event in Beaver Creek, Colo., from Nov. 29-Dec. 1. After training in Chile in August went better than expected, Vonn flirted with the idea of coming back for the giant slalom in Soelden. She decided last week to wait. Her right knee felt great in training. But she could tell her body just wasnt quite ready to race. "My timing is a little bit off," Vonn told The Associated Press in a phone interview Monday. "If I get into trouble, if I make a mistake on the course, I revert to bad habits. Im not as technically sound as I need to be. That just takes time on the snow." Every decision centres on making sure shes healthy and in top form for this winters Sochi Olympics. The four-time overall World Cup winner shredded her anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in a crash at the world championships in Schladming last February. "I really wanted to compete," Vonn said. "Ive been really antsy. I need that adrenaline rush. I need to be back on the circuit." But Soelden isnt a very important World Cup race in the big picture, and the overriding goal is to compete in Russia. The Olympics start Feb. 7 -- 100 days from Tuesday. If Vonn is there racing, shell be one of the biggest stars of the Sochi Games. She made the rounds in Manhattan on Monday, appearing on the "Today" show and the "Late Show" with David Letterman. Vonn was promoting the "Thank You, Mom" campaign for sponsor Procter & Gamble. The video with her mother details the story of her devastating injury, a tale that surely will be told over and over if shes contending for gold again a year later. The best way to accomplish that was to put off her return just a little bit longer. "She has another month. Colorado is going to be great and shes going to be ready in Beaver Creek," U.S. Ski Team Alpine director Patrick Riml said last week. Bobby Hull Jersey .K. Subban has picked the right time of the year to go on an offensive tear. Jack Roslovic Jersey .J. - Percy Harvin is ready to go, and theres no question in his mind hell be playing Sunday. http://www.jetsauthentic.com/authentic-dustin-byfuglien-jets-jersey/ . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area.Toronto FC supporters have heard all about it. They have watched it from afar. And now they have seen it for themselves. Jermain Defoe is a difference maker. Just two matches into his Major League Soccer career, the England international now has three goals. He followed up his opening day brace by scoring the winner against DC United in the clubs home opener on Saturday. MLSE has spent big bucks bringing the former Spurs forward to Toronto as part of a remarkable offseason transformation and even at this early stage, they are seeing a return on their investment. On Saturday, BMO Field was alive again. It was like 2007 all over again. A stadium and fan base that has seen the life gradually sucked out if it, year by year, failure after failure, was reinvigorated. With Defoe, its not just about the goals. Far from it. His movement is exceptional. Against D.C. United he created three first half chances which showcased his exceptional reading of the game - he was one or two steps ahead of the D.C. defence every time he sensed a potential opening in front of goal. An MLS coach told me last year he believes when LA Galaxys Robbie Keane is on his game, he is "unstoppable." Defoe has shown in his first two matches that he has the ability to have that same impact in Major League Soccer. And its not just Defoe. MLSE President Tim Leiweke must have been grinning from ear to ear when he saw three of the clubs big offseason acquisitions involved in the only goal of the game against D.C. Michael Bradley played a lovely ball through for Brazilian Gilberto who saw his shot saved by Bill Hamid, only for Defoe to pounce and score his third goal in just two matches. For the second week in a row, Bradley ran the midfield. Prior to signing Bradley, TFC GM Tim Bezbatchenko described him as "the heart and soul" of the U. Dustin Byfuglien Jets Jersey. S. Mens National Team. He has very quickly become he heartbeat of Toronto FC as well. It was also the first chance we got to see Gilberto. The 24-year-old missed most of preseason through injury but started against D.C. and was impressive showing some quality touches as well as the physical attributes necessary to succeed in MLS. Defensively, Toronto also looked solid. Brazils number one goalkeeper Julio Cesar kept his first clean sheet for the club while the central defensive tandem of veteran Steven Caldwell and young Canadian Doneil Henry continues to develop a strong understanding. The quality on the pitch and the atmosphere in the stands was night and day compared to six months ago. There have been false dawns before, but this time it feels different. For the first time in club history the Reds have won back-to-back games to start the MLS season. There is of course still much work to be done. This is a team in the early stages of its life together and there will be setbacks and bad days ahead. There are questions about the depth of the squad should some of the key pieces be missing for an extended period of time. Head coach Ryan Nelsen talks often about the fact the team is not anywhere near where he wants it to be - he told me he wants the team to be able to win playing beautiful football and also learn how to win ugly. Saturday was probably somewhere in between. It is very much a work in progress and will remain so for many weeks ahead, but after seven years of missing the playoffs, on Saturday at BMO Field it was a celebration for Toronto FC fans as their team finally gave them some hope for the future. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.