Matt Cooke is set to return from his suspension against the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 4 on Friday. Cooke was suspended seven ga

in Neues 24.08.2019 04:50
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

Matt Cooke is set to return from his suspension against the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 4 on Friday. Cooke was suspended seven games for his knee-on-knee hit that knocked Colorado Avalanche defenceman Tyson Barrie out of the playoffs in their first-round series. But the Wild forward is not prepared to change his game in light of this latest incident, which resulted in the sixth suspension of his career. "Ive got to go back to the work I put in to this point, video-wise, game-wise, mentally-wise, to put myself in a position for success," Cooke told reporters on Wednesday. "Although this one situation happened, I still believe and know that Im in a good spot as far as the way I approach the game to go out and play a physical style without being riskful. "Obviously theres the one situation thats going to be in my head that it happened, but Im a firm believer in the work that Ive put in to change the style, to change my approach to the game, to allow me to go out and have success." As for the perception of his style of play among players and fans, that isnt a concern for Cooke, who reached out to Barrie after the hit. "Its not my job to go out and change peoples opinions," said Cooke. "Its my job to go out and play the way that I can to be successful and helping my teammates win. Thats my job." Cooke doesnt expect his role to change when he returns to the lineup, adding that he has plenty to offer off the ice. "I think the biggest thing I can give is my experience and my communication," said Cooke. The Wild trail the series 2-1. LONDON -- Top-ranked Rafael Nadal made a winning return at the ATP World Tour Finals as he breezed past fellow Spaniard David Ferrer 6-3, 6-2 in his first round-robin match on Tuesday. Playing for the first time in two years at the season-ending tournament, Nadal traded breaks early but then became untouchable on serve, dictating the play from the baseline and forcing third-ranked Ferrer into a stack of errors. Nadal converted six of seven break points. He claimed his 21st win in 26 matches against Ferrer -- but only his first indoors -- and avenged his loss in their Paris Masters semifinal last week. "He played a lot better than me in Paris but today I played a little bit better than him and its important for my confidence to start with a victory after Paris," Nadal said "There is no rest but the energy of this stadium is fantastic." Nadal and Ferrer play in Group A, alongside Stanislas Wawrinka, who beat Tomas Berdych in his opening match on Monday. No. 2 Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, playing late Tuesday, are in Group B with Juan Martin del Potro and Richard Gasquet.dddddddddddd Nadal is bidding to win the elite event for the first time. He will be guaranteed of the year-end No. 1 spot if he wins a second match at O2 Arena. He broke Ferrer in the first game with a forehand winner down the line but Ferrer broke back immediately, and spectators braced themselves for a hard-fought contest. But Nadal, who did not play last year because of his bad knee, then dropped only one point on his next three service games while Ferrer gave easy points and struggled to keep the ball in the court. Nadal broke again for 3-2 and earned three set points with a brilliant forehand passing shot down the line before sealing the set when Ferrer made another unforced error to drop his serve at love. Nadal then built a 5-0 lead but Ferrer refused to surrender easily, and mounted a comeback playing more aggressively and taking chances at the net. He broke Nadal before dropping his serve after sending a backhand wide and burying a forehand in the net. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.