PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburg

in Neues 25.07.2019 10:11
von jokergreen0220 | 2.155 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- For a player who believed he was being targeted by the NFL after being fined five times last season, new Pittsburgh Steelers free safety Mike Mitchell has transformed his attitude and his style of play. Wholesale Nike Shoes China . "Ive adjusted to the new rules changes," Mitchell said Thursday, "and just looked forward to playing clean football and not getting fined this year." After four seasons with the Oakland Raiders and one with the Carolina Panthers, Mitchell is expected to earn a starting role in the Steelers secondary this season. Though Mitchell might have toned down his heavy-hitting ways, he still plans to make an immediate impact in due to his ball-hawking skills. The Steelers had just 10 interceptions last year, 29th in the NFL, while Mitchell had four picks in one season with Carolina. "I guess I made some big plays, but that was just me sticking my toe in the water," Mitchell said. "I expect to make even bigger and better plays this year, and I have a great guy to learn from in Troy Polamalu. . I dont know if Ill be jumping over the centre, but I do plan on taking the ball away." Thats been a major issue in recent years for the Steelers, who havent created more than 20 turnovers in a season since 2010 even as they have remained near the top of the league in yards allowed. Mitchell isnt wasting any time getting settled during the first organized team activities. "I had a great break on a ball today and should have picked it, but A.B. (Antonio Brown) did a good job getting his hands up there," Mitchell said. "I should have brought it down. . Shamarko (Thomas) is leading the way with one pick, but I should have had one, too." Thomas, a fourth-round pick last year, has not been able to get on the field often enough to make the kind of splash plays the team so desperately needs, but expects to have more opportunities this season. "Sure, I want to do a lot more this year," Thomas said. "I have three veteran safeties to learn from in Troy, Mike and Will Allen. Mike, he brings a lot of athleticism to the group, and hes made some great reads on the ball." Mitchell has played for three teams in three seasons, but the six-year NFL veteran believes there are some good points to go with the bad ones. "Its bad, because Ive had to leave some good friends behind," said Mitchell, who turns 27 next month. "But its good, because Ive been able to have a lot of different experiences, playing for different coaches and different schemes. Thats why this transition . Coach (Dick) LeBeaus defence isnt easy, but Ive actually picked it up fairly well." Mitchell believes playing in so many different defensive systems may actually be to his advantage. "In Oakland, I felt like I played for three different teams in four years, because we were always changing head coaches," Mitchell said. "So, learning a new scheme is nothing thats too different for me. I think that Ive handled it well. (And) I made a couple plays this week, but theres many more to be made." NOTES: The Steelers signed CB Shaquille Richardson from Arizona, their fifth-round pick, and have five of nine draft choices under contract. ... The top four picks are still unsigned, though they should come into the fold soon. Pittsburgh will free up $8 million in cap space when the March release of linebacker LaMarr Woodley officially hits the books. ... The club signed two players Thursday and released two. They signed rookie free agent offensive lineman Emmanuel McCray and claimed cornerback Deion Belue off waivers from the Miami Dolphins. ... To make room on the roster, the Steelers released offensive linemen Nik Embernate and Kaycee Ike. Cheap Nike Shoes From China .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. Cheap Authentic Nike Shoes Wholesale .Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. http://www.nikeshoesfromchina.com/ . The defending champions sent their preliminary list to FIFA on Tuesday, with coach Vicente del Bosque to announce the final 23-man squad on May 25. Costa is set to lead the attack in his native Brazil, with Atletico Madrid teammate David Villa and Chelseas Fernando Torres also included, while David de Gea replaces injured goalkeeper Victor Valdes.VAL-DOR, Que. -- League scoring leader Anthony Mantha had two goals and two assists to lead the Val-dOr Foreurs over the Blainville-Boisbriand Phoenix 6-3 on Wednesay in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Wednesday. The Foreurs have now won eight in a row. Mantha opened the scoring with his 34th goal of the season just one minute into the contest, and he made it 2-1 with a power-play goal later in the period. Randy Gazzola, Samuel Henley, Jeremie Fraser and Shawn Ouellette-St-Amant also scored for Val-dOr (23-11-0), while Louick Marcotte had three assists. Emil Aronsson, Frederic Bergeron and Marcus Hinds scored for league-leading Blainville-Boisbriand (22-5-5). Keven Bouchard made 23 saves for Val-dOr. Etienne Marcoux allowed six goals on 35 shots for the Phoenix, before he was replaced by Samuel Montembeault, who stopped all three shots headed his way in the final eight-plus minutes. --- WILDCATS 5 ISLANDERS 4 CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. -- Alex Dubeau made 42 saves, plus three more in the shootout, as the Moncton Wildcats recovered after squandering a 4-2 lead in the third period, to beat Charlottetown. JC Campagna failed to score on a penalty shot in overtime, but did score the only goal in the shootout. Cheap Nike Shoes Wholesale. Cameron Yardwood, Christophe Lalonde, Conor Garland and Josh Pugsley scored for Moncton (16-17-2), which won its fourth in a row. Anthony Cortese, Ryan Graves, Alexis Pepin and Jack Nevins scored for Charlottetown (13-16-5). Pepin and Nevins scored 91 seconds apart in the third period to tie the game for the Islanders, who lost their sixth straight. Antoine Bibeau made 28 saves for Charlottetown. --- SAGUENEENS 3 CATARACTES 2 CHICOUTIMI, Que. -- Laurent Dauphin snapped a 2-2 tie at 17:51 of the third period to lead Chicoutimi to its win over last-place Shawinigan. The rest of the goals were scored in the first period, including three in a 65-second span. Alex Pawelczyk opened the scoring for the Cataractes (17-17-1) at 6:49, and the Sagueneens struck back to take the lead with goals from Janne Puhakka and William Gignac. Alexandre Delisle-Houde tied the game for Shawinigan (6-24-3) with his first goal of the season at 19:06. Storm Phaneuf made 37 saves for the Cataractes, while Domenic Graham handled 25 for Chicoutimi. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GDwood2021
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 2849 Themen und 3460 Beiträge.